Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Contribution Record

avinity8

I think being able to see the top 5 contributors or top 5% of clan contributors 'overall' and 'monthly' would be enough. A lot less abuse can be done with that.

I for one don't want to see stories on the forums of people being kicked from clans because they only donated 80% of what they were expected to for a month. I'm not saying freeloading should be allowed to run rampant, but with the added functionality of viewing contributions from members the clan will have the potential to be run in a more 'controlled' manner, and if it's available, it will be thought necessary by some in the community.

Let's try to keep this suggestion a purely positive addition, something that encourages stronger ties to clans and gives a rewarding feeling to those participating.

• 2 weeks later...

Along with a listing of member contributions I would like to see the ability to donate resources directly into the vault, just like credits.

I think being able to see the top 5 contributors or top 5% of clan contributors 'overall' and 'monthly' would be enough. A lot less abuse can be done with that.

I for one don't want to see stories on the forums of people being kicked from clans because they only donated 80% of what they were expected to for a month.

Sure, things like that are a concern but if you're in a clan that can kick members who are donating any amount I think you're in the wrong clan to start with.

I would personally like to know  how much resources I have contributed and how that compares to the others of similar playtime and Mastery so I know if I'm pulling my weight. I've always been credit poor and resource rich so contributed by donating forma in my early ranks but understand that it might be hard any particular person to contribute while trying to make new weapons etc. Now that I'm master 13 I'd love to be able to drop 1 or 2 mill creds into the vault to bring me up to speed with the others.

That said its something more to achieve in the game. Compete to see who can donate the most nanospores, most credits or most forma. In the end the clan will only be stronger for it.

I for one don't want to see stories on the forums of people being kicked from clans because they only donated 80% of what they were expected to for a month. I'm not saying freeloading should be allowed to run rampant, but with the added functionality of viewing contributions from members the clan will have the potential to be run in a more 'controlled' manner, and if it's available, it will be thought necessary by some in the community.

Let's try to keep this suggestion a purely positive addition, something that encourages stronger ties to clans and gives a rewarding feeling to those participating.

No, no offence but thats a carebear argument. No sort of abuse would be prevalent.

Other games have this feature, off the of my head, Scarlet Blade has, even low mems can view the con rec and theres never any threads on their forums about abusr, whining, etc on who is contributing or not.

There will always be those one or two players, the more players you have, like in the millions. But overall, this wont warrant what you think it will.

Its a helpful tool for management and development. Besides, most clans dnt care if dnt donate, the core group gets it done anyway.

Its more so for recognition to who is seeking to help build the clan/dojo up. 100+ players is hard to keep track of and reward monthly.

We can alrdy see individual clanmate scores during events. Did we see any threads on ppl getting kicked for getting crap scores in Tethra Doom? Heck, some didnt bother.

Dont over think it ;)

No, no offence but thats a carebear argument. No sort of abuse would be prevalent.

Other games have this feature, off the of my head, Scarlet Blade has, even low mems can view the con rec and theres never any threads on their forums about abusr, whining, etc on who is contributing or not.

There will always be those one or two players, the more players you have, like in the millions. But overall, this wont warrant what you think it will.

Its a helpful tool for management and development. Besides, most clans dnt care if dnt donate, the core group gets it done anyway.

Its more so for recognition to who is seeking to help build the clan/dojo up. 100+ players is hard to keep track of and reward monthly.

We can alrdy see individual clanmate scores during events. Did we see any threads on ppl getting kicked for getting crap scores in Tethra Doom? Heck, some didnt bother.

Dont over think it ;)

(TL:DR Clans are diverse, not all are as sensible as others, DE should take care implementing. I do very much want to view contributions)

Prevalent is subjective. Warframe peaked near 16k on steam today, how many of those should be effected before it warrants attention. Can you provide any metrics that it will be 1 or 2 people and not 300?

I had not heard of Scarlet Blade but a quick google search got that contributions are kills, damage done to npcs/objectives and healing done in a single battleground, basically your battleground score and something warframe already reports as "Results" after each mission. Completely irrelevant to a resource donation which also goes to acquiring personal gear/gear power and requires farming/time/luck for those resources in the first place.

I agree that recognition for contributing is desirable but that doesn't have to go hand in hand with epeen bragging and talking down to the "lesser contributors". Some players may be lucky and their own clan may be very sensible but that doesn't necessarily make it the majority of the community. Also as I mentioned, once the functionality is actually available opinions change, previously simple/trivial things become viewed as necessary by some.  The power is still in DE's hands and as such would be partially their fault, not just the clans with issues that may be but not limited to, kicking, demoting, publicly shaming, caused drama between members not even including the founders/officers of a clan. Depending of course on viewing permissions.

Members' event scores are not readily viewable besides the top few on the leaderboards (and only during the event), it takes a lot of time and effort to discover that score for each member, most so in the moon clans. Through what I read, it is my understanding what you are proposing is an extremely efficient (and permanent) way to view rankings of people in clans and it would currently be the only ranking to base anything on, all the focus of who is better would be on their contributing. This may not be the view of a those who see it rather as a way to give out recognition but the translation of systems into a game is rarely clearly received.

Question

Would forma give more points than nano spores or could the system be gamed?

Suggestions

I'd suggest it would implement better/smoother along side a collection of clan rankings, possibly including timed parkour courses, dueling, clan rail defense, clan rail tax payed(as suggested by Trives), number of trades in own clan dojo, number of missions run with fellow clan members. Were it to be available viewing to the majority of ranks, which I think would be a much more likely endeavor that the Devs spend time on, than a Warlord/General/Officers specific addition.

As a sidenote only the top 16 can be seen on leaderboards and I haven't seen complaints about this on the forums, it even appears to have made it a more prestigious and automatically recognised accomplishment, requiring no ascii thumbs up from any other players in the game, couldn't it be a good thing for warlords to have less work?

. Sorry for the slight necro, this is the first I've had a chance to get back on the net.

(TL:DR Clans are diverse, not all are as sensible as others, DE should take care implementing. I do very much want to view contributions)

Prevalent is subjective. Warframe peaked near 16k on steam today, how many of those should be effected before it warrants attention. Can you provide any metrics that it will be 1 or 2 people and not 300?

I had not heard of Scarlet Blade but a quick google search got that contributions are kills, damage done to npcs/objectives and healing done in a single battleground, basically your battleground score and something warframe already reports as "Results" after each mission. Completely irrelevant to a resource donation which also goes to acquiring personal gear/gear power and requires farming/time/luck for those resources in the first place.

I agree that recognition for contributing is desirable but that doesn't have to go hand in hand with epeen bragging and talking down to the "lesser contributors". Some players may be lucky and their own clan may be very sensible but that doesn't necessarily make it the majority of the community. Also as I mentioned, once the functionality is actually available opinions change, previously simple/trivial things become viewed as necessary by some.  The power is still in DE's hands and as such would be partially their fault, not just the clans with issues that may be but not limited to, kicking, demoting, publicly shaming, caused drama between members not even including the founders/officers of a clan. Depending of course on viewing permissions.

Members' event scores are not readily viewable besides the top few on the leaderboards (and only during the event), it takes a lot of time and effort to discover that score for each member, most so in the moon clans. Through what I read, it is my understanding what you are proposing is an extremely efficient (and permanent) way to view rankings of people in clans and it would currently be the only ranking to base anything on, all the focus of who is better would be on their contributing. This may not be the view of a those who see it rather as a way to give out recognition but the translation of systems into a game is rarely clearly received.

Question

Would forma give more points than nano spores or could the system be gamed?

Suggestions

I'd suggest it would implement better/smoother along side a collection of clan rankings, possibly including timed parkour courses, dueling, clan rail defense, clan rail tax payed(as suggested by Trives), number of trades in own clan dojo, number of missions run with fellow clan members. Were it to be available viewing to the majority of ranks, which I think would be a much more likely endeavor that the Devs spend time on, than a Warlord/General/Officers specific addition.

As a sidenote only the top 16 can be seen on leaderboards and I haven't seen complaints about this on the forums, it even appears to have made it a more prestigious and automatically recognised accomplishment, requiring no ascii thumbs up from any other players in the game, couldn't it be a good thing for warlords to have less work?

. Sorry for the slight necro, this is the first I've had a chance to get back on the net.

Sorry I didn't read whole thing, busy but from I skimmed I had to touch on this part. Google clearly didn't serve you correctly or you didn't search/look correctly.

As you touched on, you haven't played the game so I don't get why you mentioned the other stuff you said since it's null and void due to the fact of what I stated already.

In Scarlet Blade, any clan member can contribute/donate armor/gear pieces, resources and money. Let me break it down further. That means boots, helms, armor and gloves, etc. Look at it as an equivalent to Warframes BPs for frames.

In SB you can contribute resources, equivalent here would be like being able to contribute Orokin catalyst and reactors. 

It's one thing if I had said that I 'heard' SB had this feature and there's another when I state that I have/had experience with the game. Therefore there was no need for a redundant Google search that served no purpose for your case.

Also, again, as I stated before, there were never any 'epeen' posts/threads on SB's forums. People can be trolls etc but some areas are void of them. The contribution boasting was never an issue during my time playing SB. I doubt it would be here. Too many carebears worried over nothing. It's a nice feature that would help with managing rewards/benefits.

Even in real life, we collect data and have reward systems and incentives. I don't deal with or hear bout people boasting and bullying others over who's done what or not.

If so, that's your particular environment. As a whole, in general the issue isn't a prevalent one to be concern about.

Quick Google search, 1st page - http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilds&game=scarletblade

I forgot that you could also donate exp (affinity) to your guild/clan as well, to help upgrade it.

edit: another link  http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796169

Seems the game has died, not really active. I did quit early last year myself...

Edited by avinity8

Great idea.

just a side ball, but with some sort of system like this it would be neat to add a way a warlord can gift a clan member with a mod or bp , or even plat. Only warlords. Or maybe tenno clan class achievement reward for the trophy case. Clan morale could be greatly improved when your warlord recognizes your hard work and gifts you some plat or finds you need to be made an example of and you are awarded the ( lack of a better term) jackass award to be the first sight to be held by all visitors to your dojo.

Quick Google search, 1st page - http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guilds&game=scarletblade

I forgot that you could also donate exp (affinity) to your guild/clan as well, to help upgrade it.

edit: another link  http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796169

Seems the game has died, not really active. I did quit early last year myself...

You really seem to like arguing stuff that's not even the point of your suggestion, you could have just explained the random game you referenced better instead of claiming people who don't know it can't do anything correctly.

First result

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scarlet+blade+contribution#

Direct Link

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1883731

PVP contributions mate

Ignoring your odd assertions that even in real life there's no such things bullying or bragging and anyone stating otherwise is carebare.....

What is your actual opinion with only seeing the best contributors?

You really seem to like arguing stuff that's not even the point of your suggestion, you could have just explained the random game you referenced better instead of claiming people who don't know it can't do anything correctly.

First result

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scarlet+blade+contribution#

Direct Link

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1883731

PVP contributions mate

Ignoring your odd assertions that even in real life there's no such things bullying or bragging and anyone stating otherwise is carebare.....

What is your actual opinion with only seeing the best contributors?

Explain myself better? I assumed I was speaking to mostly upper teens, even younger teens. There was nothing much more to clear about I had already stated something...

Question, did you Google just 'SB contributions' or 'SB Clan(Guild) Contribution?'

I never implied such, 'assertions'. Just that I personally had never dealt with it. And I've worked in environment(s) that does a reward system. 

Why just the top contributors and not all?!  Even if just the Clan Leader who has this (which is more so important tome.)

If you have to worry about being bullied and 'epeen' at by your clan ldr then maybe you shouldn't be there.

It's a harmless feature, yet very useful.

I'm so for this idea!

I've thought that a record would be handy the first time i stepped into a dojo. There should be a vault that members and contribute random recources to as a stand alone.. I for one usually put all my resources in which may not give members the time to actually contribute. Also I think a battle record for the dueling room would be awesome as well.

Thx everyone, hopefully DE implements it.

I'm so for this idea!

I've thought that a record would be handy the first time i stepped into a dojo. There should be a vault that members and contribute random recources to as a stand alone.. I for one usually put all my resources in which may not give members the time to actually contribute. Also I think a battle record for the dueling room would be awesome as well.

I like these ideas too.

Would love this feature.

To the guy thinking it would cause abuse (Did not read past first TL;DR): Yeah, probably would. Crappy clans will happen because crappy people have the right to run clans as much as everyone else. Not a problem, just don't stay in crappy clans. 

What we're asking for is a tool, how it is used (or not) is up to the clans. People who abuse it fall under the crappy category and likely as not were going to do something crappy sooner or later anyway. See previous paragraph on how to deal with this.

At the same time it also enables guilds who want to be more competitive to do that. Some people are happy to sign up to the minimum donation scheme if it means they are going to be one of the top clans around. There will always be casual clans for the rest of us (I really don't see my clan going competitive regardless of the tools available). This tool will let to you see the top 5 or 10 or whatever you like, you can decide how far down the list you stop reading and give recognition accordingly.

Oh, and don't think displaying just the top 5 would stop forum whining. People will still complain about how the top 5 are calculated from the different resources and who really deserves to be in their clan's top 5.

EDIT: Did not think forum filter would be that sensitive.

Edited by Slakem

Would love this feature.

To the guy thinking it would cause abuse (Did not read past first TL;DR): Yeah, probably would. Crappy clans will happen because crappy people have the right to run clans as much as everyone else. Not a problem, just don't stay in crappy clans. 

What we're asking for is a tool, how it is used (or not) is up to the clans. People who abuse it fall under the crappy category and likely as not were going to do something crappy sooner or later anyway. See previous paragraph on how to deal with this.

At the same time it also enables guilds who want to be more competitive to do that. Some people are happy to sign up to the minimum donation scheme if it means they are going to be one of the top clans around. There will always be casual clans for the rest of us (I really don't see my clan going competitive regardless of the tools available). This tool will let to you see the top 5 or 10 or whatever you like, you can decide how far down the list you stop reading and give recognition accordingly.

Oh, and don't think displaying just the top 5 would stop forum whining. People will still complain about how the top 5 are calculated from the different resources and who really deserves to be in their clan's top 5.

EDIT: Did not think forum filter would be that sensitive.

Nicely said.

• 2 weeks later...