The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr More Tank Then Rhino?

-Aza-Gorod-

ok before anyone flips saying that i am being whiny or something hear me out.

in the update 12 valkyr base armor is now 600 which is nice since she may take a few hits and being in the middle of a fight and being berserker type frame and melee at that.

But being a rhino mainly user i think that rhino should have abit heavier armor rateing then 300.I mean its rhino come on hes suppose to be a armored clad walking tank.

My rhinos stats with all the mods are.

Shield: 1170

Health: 780

Armor: 361

thats with nearly maxed steel fiber come on D: rhino haveing that low armor is abit annoying and i know some rhino users see that the valkye has double rhinos.

But again valkyr i know needs high armor to run in and go melee berserk which is understandable.

But also rhino being the tank fo the warframes is slowly becomeing well not so tanky.

This is just my thoughts and i know not many play rhino probably cause he moves abit slowly but i play as rhino a fair amount and just wish he had higher armor and maybe higher health and shield, because the shield does not much.

Edited by Drake777

Valkyr is hard to kill.  That's it.  She's still utterly worthless outside of "I want to punch these guys one at a time and then Spiderman around".  Rhino has lower armor, but he has:

A team damage buff (Valkyr has a team melee attack speed buff... much less helpful on most defense missions)

A falcon headbutt (linear AOE)

A high damage, very large AOE, very long stun ult

An overshield, because why not

Valkyr's tankier than Rhino.  Rhino is better than Valkyr.

Iron Skin.

She's hardly op, puncture is common and destroys armor.

She has little shields, and not as much health as rhino to compensate.

They're two different frames entirely, it really isn't fair to compare them like this.

EDIT: I hate autocorrect.

Edited by TzTokBoggle

Considering Hysteria makes Valkyr immune to all forms of damage, yes Valkyr is more Tank than Rhino. Not because of Armor. Armor just made her a little more resistant but direct health damage still very bad, and at higher levels even that high Armor don't matter anymore enemies will kill you with a few hits.

know not many play rhino probably cause he moves abit slowly but i play as rhino a fair amount and just wish he had higher armor and maybe higher health and shield, because the shield does not much.

um.... where to start......

Out of all the frames, you think Rhino needs buffs?

Haha what.

I wrote to a dev about this before - it doesn't really make sense to me to have a guy that's called the most heavily-armoured warframe, yet there's a berserker that has more than triple his armour. Either the stats need to be adjusted, or the description altered to match the suits correctly.

Iron Skin. He's perfectly tanky with it. He doesn't need more armor.

Edited by Vargras

yeah valkyr is so useful in a team vs high level enemies, she has so much utility and crowd control - debuffing enemies and boost team damage while healing 

wait....

sorry i was thinking about the useful warframes

nvm

have fun with all the armor but doing nothing while rhino takes care of important team business 

You also have to look at their abilities, attributes, and niches. Rhino is first and foremost a "tank". Valkyr is focused on buffing damage and dealing damage. They're completely different.

Right. Roar is only one of the best damage buffs in the game, while Valkyr's buffs... Melee Speed.

Though I find myself using Roar much too rarely. Stomp almost always feels like the better option. If there are lots of weak enemies, kill them all with a stomp. If there are strong/fast enemies, suspending them for a few long seconds usually seems more useful than the damage buff.

You are forgetting that Rhino can use any weapon when in IS whereas Valkyr can only use her melee fists in Hysteria. Overall even if she can tank close to a full min with duration mods on Hysteria her killing capabilities compared to Rhino are severely limited.

And then lets make his stomp not only lift enemys in the air but also explode when you kill one and damage all other enemys nearby like molecular prime.. and his roar also reveals weakspots like sonar, and iron skin give him invincibility like hysteria.. agree rhino worst warframe atm..

And then lets make his stomp not only lift enemys in the air but also explode when you kill one and damage all other enemys nearby like molecular prime.. and his roar also reveals weakspots like sonar, and iron skin give him invincibility like hysteria.. agree rhino worst warframe atm..

That's just unbalanced, let me fix it for you.  Stomp needs to teleport to each target like bladestorm and stomp that many times while doing the MP explosion.  Roar also act like sonar while stopping time like stomp so you can land those shots.  Moving targets are just op.  And iron skin needs to be replaced by blessing that also deals aoe damage like WoF.

Rhino has 43k worth of ironskin with a max energy pool obv with quite a bit of recasting before shots dip from shields into health pool.  Its likely more as you pickup more energy orbs.  You can shoot your OP weapons.

Valk has a melee limited invulnerability phase with easy sustainability for its energy cost and health vamping.  Very limited damage and targeting options.

Edited by Rankless

How does rhino need a buff?  Disregarding immortal builds Rhino can take the most punishment.  Though I don't recommend you walk into level 50+ enemy fire without thinking unless you are Trinity, Valk, and to a lesser extent Oberon.

With max efficiency with only focus carrying flow will net you 43k worth of Iron Skin damage mitigation.  Counting shield recharge between shredded skins means you can stand in the line of fire just pressing Iron Skin 50x as long as any frame without God mode.  Most frames can survive quite a while without using Iron Skin every five seconds.

Looking at his other skills Roar is a great damage buff and Charge is superior to Excalibur's Slash dash when modded for duration.

Stomp may lose out on its damage capabilities later on, but is way more useful than other AOE skills that don't have a secondary cc effect.  Seeing Rhino stomp followed by a revive shows age old usefulness.