Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Dmg 2.0 Re-Build ( U12.0.2 ).

IIJetfireII

Question

Hello all,

Well after u12's buff, i was surprised myself cuz i only knew he was good for using against bosses before the buff, and barely used to use him during solo grineer alerts much...but nonetheless, it only makes me love latron prime even further since its one of my fav's since u8 regardlessly. ( although i will still keep soma for different grineer mission type and synapse, well i will never return to him, not due to the dmg, but i just don't like it looks much ). 

Ok, back to the topic, since u12 buffed him up, i believe his crts pretty much made it better now, now i can think of using him in defense missions but i am currently confused for its builds. here's what i use normally -->

1- serration maxed

2-heavy cal maxed

3- split chamber maxed

4- stormbringer maxed

5- infected clip maxed

6- point strike maxed

7- vital sense maxed

8- confused slot ?

this build is mainly for grineer faction only, and i never use it against other factions ( during lvling situations,yes ).

According to the final slot , i am thinking to apply malignant force or hammershot maxed, but i am not sure which one will give me the best dmg output, so i want to here your opinions which of these 2 mods should i keep for last slot, also if any alternative mods are applicable to be used on this weapon,then i don't mind hearing it too. thanks in advance.

( currently 3x formad cuz i am slow due to farming cores and creds too..)

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

21 answers to this question

tbh, i'd take out heavy cal and put in shred, take out infected clip and put in malignant force, and then add hammershot on. shred increases dps more than heavy cal vs crowds (of which there are a lot in this game) because of the ability to hit multiple targets and fire rate increase. there's not much need for infected clip if you have malignant force in, and you'll get extra increase in status chance and crit dmg because hammershot will go in too. (and if it doesn't fit, there's always forma!)

Put a Bane of Grineer on in that last slot. Hammershot isn't that much of a damage boost, and Shred only benefits most in crowds, which Grineer don't do too often. Also, you may want to use Wildfire or Hellfire instead of Infected Clip to make Radiation damage, since Bombards and Napalms are such a huge threat, and Elite Lancers are so common on higher level Grineer missions. The base Puncture damage should be enough to deal with anything else that has Ferrite Armor.

Why do you Heavy Cal a beautiful marksman rifle?

Anyway, with the ridiculous new status chance, I suggest a status chance build that makes use of status procs rather crit builds. Could be interesting.

Edited by newnar

1. Serration

2. Heavy Caliber

3. Split Chamber

4. Piercing Hit

5. Point Strike

6. Hammer Shot

7. Malignant Force

8. Stormbringer

This is the build I use. Less Damage on the Crit side, but higher proc rates and base damage with Piercing generally compensate.

Edited by Austerity

Use Shred.  Multiple targets, fire rate, enemies on cover (even benhind some walls), hit through friends, etc.  Depending on how you move, you will always face enemies lined up in this game.  Shred is amazing in Braton, Latron and Paris (Primes).

+1 to Shred, and to Bane instead of Heavy Cal

Think of Heavy Cal as added to Serration, while Bane is multipled by serration. So the 30% is actually 30% of 265%, which is +80% damage (in the form of HC's +dmg) with no accurracy loss at all.

If you dont mind the Acc loss use both and ditch an element. Bane becomes even better. Say with +105% from HC (my go to for weps I need sorta accurate) thats +30% of 370%, or +111% damage in the form of Serration/HC.

thanks for the suggestions everyone, i ll try your alternative suggestions out too and see how it goes for me. 

Weeeeeeee!!! Latrons are buffed!! Now I have two more (Both plain Latron and Latron Prime) weapons other than my dread to take on high level missions!! ......which....got...buffed...too....

yeah,but unfortunately for me i sold latron way back after i got latron prime from the void, and after it was built i potatoed it and sold the plain  ol' potatoed latron way back, and after that i started using it's prime variant alot. I will always love this weapon whether it's buffed or nerfed, this weapon will always be my fav :D

Hrm, theres a decent status chance on it too. 40% with just Mal Force, 50% with HS too.

Could be a decent spec with +status and gas/elec elements. Get some decent AoE damage outta the single target marksman rifle, rofl.

1. Serration

2. Split Chamber

3. Point Strike

4. Vital Sense

5. elemental

6. elemental

7. bane or elemental

8. hammershot or elemental

Shred is useful depending on the build.

It is an absolute sin to put Heavy Cal on the Latron or Latron Prime. They are marksman rifles. I am 99.9% sure all the people with heavy cal latrons will be the people using it instead of Soma after the recent buff to them.

It is an absolute sin to put Heavy Cal on the Latron or Latron Prime. They are marksman rifles. I am 99.9% sure all the people with heavy cal latrons will be the people using it instead of Soma after the recent buff to them.

not exactly, it maybe the reason because dps has increased, but DE is not forcing ppl to use latron/its prime variant because its better than soma or synapse in compared to dps, that's a complete nope, because soma and synapse still beats latron or latron prime regardless of high dpsing, since its a semi-auto rifle and according to codex entry- it is a highly efficient rifle that performs well at medium range and at long range, it's accuracy making it a deadly weapon in hands of skilled marksmen.

So you see, soma and synapse are still chosen for longer runs for other factions, if ppl wish to, since latron can be used only if ppl are good enough using weapons such as sniper or bows and latron prime could be viable choice to use as well. But it's best only ppl to use auto-rifle's if they don't really like tapping alot since every single shot is mandatory to be counted in similarity to bow and sniper rifle, but slight more fire rate as a semi-sniper rifle and basically not everyone is skilled that 99.9% ppl will use this weapon, they will be still using soma and synapse regardlessly due to continuous dmg rifle and for more kills, mainly.

DE just did the right thing to buff this weapon since it's compared to sniper rifle but it's not exactly a sniper rifle, but it's dmg is nearly good as them, since every shot is counted. For comparing with auto's, any of these rifle can beat latron, because of more ammo capacity and higher fire rate than this weapon. So pretty much they balanced latron/prime variant very well in right comparison on both variety of rifles- auto rifle and sniper rifle.

I ended up going Bane instead of Heavy Cal on my Latron Prime.  The accuracy reduction just seems to hit it a bit too hard for my tastes compared to the Soma.  I also went extra elemental damage instead of crit build.  While it does hit super hard when it crits, I don't like the fact that it only has a 37.5% chance to crit.  It feels a bit too much like gambling for my tastes.  I'd rather have a lower DPS and know how much damage I'm going to do to the enemy rather than having huge spikes in my damage output when the game feels like giving me those crits.

The LP is my main weapon and the trick with HC on the Latron Prime is that you should never use a maxed mod. I have mine ranked at R6 and that gives me +105% DMG on top of my Serration. The accuracy hit is -35% which I have yet to notice.

The build I have right now (4 Forma):

Split Chamber Maxed

Serration R7 (This one is hard to max out, good lord!)

Heavy Caliber R6

Point Strike Maxed

Vital Sense Maxed

3 Elemetals (Maxed) based on the faction (Radiation & Toxin for Grineer – Magnetic and Toxin for Corpus – Corrosive and Electric for the Void)

Of note here is that I am on PS4 and the LP has not been buffed yet so I expect the damage to climb nicely once the buff comes to PS4.  As things stand now, I was able to kill the harvester in 3 shots and that’ll get better as I max out serration and get the LP buff.

I have Shred Maxed but I don’t use it  since I can only see its use on a mission like Lares where the enemies file out of doors in a nice line. The Void doesn’t have that same setup so it’s rare that you’ll line up a group of neatly stacked baddies.

Just my 2 cents based on my experience with the rifle.

Edited by (PS4)kyussmanchu

The LP is my main weapon and the trick with HC on the Latron Prime is that you should never use a maxed mod. I have mine ranked at R6 and that gives me +105% DMG on top of my Serration. The accuracy hit is -35% which I have yet to notice.

105% on top of 265% is only a 40% damage increase, compared to Shred or Bane's 30% DPS increase (+puncture or extra modifiers) or a 25% increase from another element (possible modifiers).

While its better while you dont have a ranked Serration, once you cap that out a midranked HC is a poor choice compared to other options

Edited by Darzk

105% on top of 265% is only a 40% damage increase, compared to Shred or Bane's 30% DPS increase (+puncture or extra modifiers) or a 25% increase from another element (possible modifiers).

While its better while you dont have a ranked Serration, once you cap that out a midranked HC is a poor choice compared to other options

My plan is to max out Serration and then remove HC, but since serration is damn near impossible to max out right now (Don't have enough cores), I'm sticking with HC. Peferably, I'd like to build it for more of a crit damage setup with Hammershot and malignant force both maxed. I think PROC goes up to 75% with those 2 mods at max.

Edited by (PS4)kyussmanchu

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to wepon building, but a friend recommended me not going for a crit on latron prime and so I came up with this:

1. Serration

2. Split Chamber

3. Shred

-------------------------       

4. Malignant Force |

5. Stormbringer      |---> Corrosive

6. Wildfire               |

7. Cryo Rounds      |---> Blast

8. Here honestly I dont know what to put, Heavy Caliber is kinda bad on this wepon I think, so can you please give me advice what should I chose for the last mod. My thoughts are that I should use Bane of (grineer, corpus, infested) according to the fight I am gonna do, but what should I use for void where there are multiple type of creatures? Thanks in advance.

Swapping Malignant Force for Infected Clip will up damage at the cost of reduction of proc rate.

Blast damage is generally bad for just about everything. I would go pure cold for void (letting you use both of above for even more corrosive) and build Rad/Fire for Grineer.

As stated above, you can add the second toxin mod for more corrosive damage. The 2nd slot opened up by dropping fire damage can be a utility mod; I would recommend Fast Hands as it ups your sustained dps and keeps the time you're unable to fire to a minimum.

You can also drop cold instead of fire for less damage to shields but a little more to the Grineer running around. I wouldnt recommend it.

Finally you can keep the build you have and add Hammer Shot at the end for the status procs on the blast damage, but you have to switch to hellfire instead of wildfire to prioritize the blast proc over the corrosive (not 100% sure how proc prioritization works)

Stop guessing and GO to the site.  All your questions will be answered so sayith the DPS wizard.

Build

Serration

PS and VS

Split

3 Elems

Bane or HC

but HC causes your acur to be so bad you can't hit anything at 5m so I would go with Bane.

DPS: Bane 13800

DPS: HC 17300

Since you cannot effectively use HC with latp the soma and synapse are still way better with DPS for both over 16K.  Hope this helps.