Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Better At Snow Globe?

Aezryn

So to start off with this is NOT a thread directly related to the recent changes to snow globe on Frost.

I was playing some nightmare missions today and noticed some of the new "leader" type grineer, and it decides to spawn in a snow globe. I think that is pretty awesome actually, EXCEPT, these super grineer can somehow MOVE with their snow globe. I was amazed when I saw this really, I mean apparently the Grineer are better at casting snow globe than a warframe built around ice techniques!?

I enjoy playing Frost and to be honest my issue with snow globe, in the past and present, was just that since it is a stationary object its not really that fun in a fast paced action game centered around moving around and killing stuff, not so much hunkering down on this one fixed point. Clearly DE has thought about a mobile snow globe since enemies can use it now but is it really that much of a leap to give Frost the same mobility? Especially now that snow globe has a health pool I feel like this would increase snow globe's utility.

Or you know, how 'bout making Frost's snowglobe different from enemy's Snowglobe?

The past Snowglobe was balanced and even then it was a purely defense ability, the Frost could never stay permernantly inside the globe as it was a high energy cost skill that did not damage. The Frost had to rely on his own skill with his weapon to take out enemies. How is this not balanced? It's not somekind of molecular prime now, is it?

Tell you what, if DE wants to take a step in the right direction, they would consider giving Frosts back their Snowglobe without HP limit and leave the HP limited Snowglobe to the mobs. It's that simple.

I enjoy playing Frost and to be honest my issue with snow globe, in the past and present, was just that since it is a stationary object its not really that fun in a fast paced action game centered around moving around and killing stuff, not so much hunkering down on this one fixed point.

Well, not everyone wants to play a mini-rambo with Soma and Molecular Prime. Some of us, want to be more slowly strategic and would rather use a sniper and Snowglobe to take out key targets with headshots. That's my defnition of fun. I hate spray and pray styles like yours. Did the Snowglobe nerf make the game more fun for me? No. 

Not everyone wants every frame to deal damage like you. Some of us like to find tactical applications to skills.

Is de intending to make warframe a purely spray and pray game? I do not know, but since they nerfed Snowglobe, I think they are going down that road. In that case, there are 20 games that are better than warframe in 2014 at that.

Edited by Celseus

wouldnt that turn it into a better AoE Ironskin?

Frost and Rhino allready have the same armor values, now with frosts patch he turned into a more offense frame, just like rhino...

if Frost would turn into a walking tank (Snowglobe>Ironskin) that could become somehow awkward for Rhino...

The past Snowglobe was balanced and even then it was a purely defense ability, the Frost could never stay permernantly inside the globe as it was a high energy cost skill that did not damage. The Frost had to rely on his own skill with his weapon to take out enemies. How is this not balanced? It's not somekind of molecular prime now, is it?

Seriously, you say that Skills are so neccessary...yeah...every single other frame barely needs his skills. 99% of my kills in a round are either Penta or Lanka...doesnt matter what Frame i use.

M.Prime is only good up to a specific point. (like all damage ubers) After that it turns into a simple buff, like Rhinos Roar. Sure its one of the Best Ubers so far, but you cant compare it to Snowglobe or old Bastille or even Chaos. They have no downside, they worked all the time, enemy level doesnt matter for them.
Snowglobe turned you into a permanent invulnerable thing, like Rhinos old Ironskin - just for the whole area.

Edited by LazerusKI

Well, not everyone wants to play a mini-rambo with Soma and Molecular Prime. Some of us, want to be more slowly strategic and would rather use a sniper and Snowglobe to take out key targets with headshots. That's my defnition of fun. I hate spray and pray styles like yours. Did the Snowglobe nerf make the game more fun for me? No. 

You should try Nyx. Chaos synergizes very well with sniper rifles, and Absorb is great for when you get caught off guard by a heavy.

Yes, curiously enough. Snowglobe was nerfed while Chaos was untouched. Weird, huh?

they can still attack you, and you cant cast another chaos as long as there is one enemy with chaos left.

Its a good CC ability, but its not as Perfect as Old Globe / Old Bastille.

Edited by LazerusKI

Snowglobe turned you into a permanent invulnerable thing, like Rhinos old Ironskin - just for the whole area.

You know Snowglobe is immobile, costs 50 energy per cast and Frost's basic energy capacity is 150 at max level right? ...Oh wait, you didn't know!

Then you should also know, unlike Ironskin, Snowglobe can be bypassed by explosions, melee, AoE, skills and Auras. Oh and it also doesn't give you knockback resistant. Invunerable? Hardly.

Edited by Celseus

they can still attack you, and you cant cast another chaos as long as there is one enemy with chaos left.

True. Same thing goes for Snowglobe, there's no point casting Snowglobe twice on the same spot. And what's more, unlike Chaos, they WILL (not "can") attack you if they are close enough.

Chaos is overall a better and more versatile skill than Snowglobe and in my opinion the perfect Crowd Control. You can definitely spam Chaos and do nothing else on Defence Missions, you can't do that with Snowglobe. Why was it left untouched? Curious.

Edited by Celseus

True. Same thing goes for Snowglobe, there's no point casting Snowglobe twice on the same spot. And what's more, unlike Chaos, they WILL (not "can") attack you if they are close enough.

Chaos is overall a better and more versatile skill than Snowglobe and in my opinion the perfect Crowd Control. You can definitely spam Chaos and do nothing else on Defence Missions, you can't do that with Snowglobe. Why was it left untouched? Curious.

sure there is. if your snowglobe is big enough, and some shooters walk inside, just set another snowglobe further away to cover the pod with the edge of the field.

Snowglobe can be handy, but its not needed for regular gameplay.

They are then slowed down AND cant shoot you or the pod.

You know Snowglobe is immobile, costs 50 energy per cast and Frost's basic energy capacity is 150 at max level right? ...Oh wait, you didn't know!

Then you should also know, unlike Ironskin, Snowglobe can be bypassed by explosions, melee, AoE, skills and Auras. Oh and it also doesn't give you knockback resistant. Invunerable? Hardly.

you know that Rhino also has ihis cap at 150? in fact Rhino and Frost have the same starter stats? You know that Ironskin costs 50 too?...oh wait, you didnt know!

You know that Snowglobe could block Every single projectile without bothering about it? for as long as snowglobe was active? and that was...always? And Explosive came through? because there are so many enemies with Explosives, its not like 95% of the enemies use normal rifles...and guess what! the AI is not intelligent enough to walk into it! And if they do, they are slowed down!

Edited by LazerusKI

Because chaos only works on the current crowd, and snow globe works on anything targeting someone inside the snow globe, it was thus (along with the now nerfed Vauban) Trivializing much of the challenge in defense missions against primarily ranged AI. The difference between having a snow-globe frost and not in defense missions was astronomical. I would previously, in T(X) defense void especially, just equip the right 'size' modified globe to just barely cover the objective and max out duration. Pretty much just go BRB sandwich while I know they only thing that can do any harm is the occasional stray corrupted ancient. The current version buys some time, but isn't near immunity for the objective. Unfortunately that means it currently uses a static HP number, which like iron skin, doesn't scale well, and still poses the same problem as before when against lower level mobs.

What I'm trying to say is it's under the same nerf mentality as Vauban's Bastille, which had a similar issue but in infested defense, but this nerf doesn't scale right to give a good fix to the problem they seem to want to address 

Well, not everyone wants to play a mini-rambo with Soma and Molecular Prime. Some of us, want to be more slowly strategic and would rather use a sniper and Snowglobe to take out key targets with headshots. 

I understand that slow strategic gameplay is a valid and preferred style of gameplay. I think comparing my suggesting to molecular prime is ridiculous since snow globe doesn't actually do damage, but anyways as many people are complaining about the changes to snow globe is that it currently does not fulfill this function and I am merely providing a suggestion that already exists within the game to return some of the utility to snow globe in the form of a moving damage absorb bubble that you can tactically use with your teammates,  this could even incorporate a speed reduction for frost so you can't move quickly to try and have that slower form of gameplay.

wouldnt that turn it into a better AoE Ironskin?

Frost and Rhino allready have the same armor values, now with frosts patch he turned into a more offense frame, just like rhino...

if Frost would turn into a walking tank (Snowglobe>Ironskin) that could become somehow awkward for Rhino...

This is something I didn't genuinely consider however I think making snow globe a more fragile ability with possible speed reduction for frost when he uses or similar styled changes can help differentiate it from ironskin, just in the aim of not necessarily making one better but just different.