Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello I'm New And Have Questions.

(PSN)Lord_Vitalus

Question

I'm new to Warframe which is by the way an Awesome Game (PS4), but I have some questions about Powers.

I'm currently at Rank 3 with Mag, and all but my Melee weapons are currently at 30. I'm slowly getting the jest of how to fully use and upgrade my Warframe and her weapons but my problem is how do I use more than one Power.

I play on PS4  and there are A, B, C, D "PAD" commands for powers via swipe Up, Down, Left, and Right, but no matter what "Mag" abilities I put in here slots under her profile for her abilities she only does the "CRUSH" one.

Can someone please help with what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you.

13 answers to this question

The abilities are tied to directions, not placement.

If you put crush first in your mods, the command to use it is still 'swipe touchpad right' as is the case with all ults.

Pull(or any other 1st ability) is swipe up, 2nd abilities are swipe down, and third abilities are swipe left.

I believe that was your question but, if that isn't the answer you need, please go a bit more in detail about your specific issue and I'll help as best I can.

Yes that is exactly what I was talking about, so in placement you mean from left to right in the power abilities squares I'm guessing. That could be my problem, I'll fine tune that area correctly.

Thank you very much for the help and for future reference what section should I post this type of issue, I noticed it got moved?

Yes I know, that was what I was agreeing to, the slots I was talking about where the ones under the "Installed Mods" category. There I see a 5x2 slot configuration and what I need to change as far as the arrangement goes, but after looking at this section closer I'm thinking the slots for my Direction Powers are the first Four in 2x2 formation.

Can't exactly draw a picture here but I hope the description is clear enough.

No matter where you install the ability card in the 5x2 grid, the ability will be activated by the same button/swipe. The arrangement of mods should not matter.

I'm unfamiliar with the PS4 layout, but on PC you bind ability 1, 2, 3, and 4 each to a key. Crush is always ability 4, no matter whether it is placed first or last in the mod layout. If you want to use Pull, you need to first have the mod installed and then use the button/swipe for Power #1. Seems likely your swipe is a little faulty (either player or mechanical) and hitting the swipe for power 4 before anything else.

The mod slots with the '' markings are to reduce the mod point cost of abilities by half. See: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity

I aways have my abilities on the top left top right bottom left bottom right, that is just how I like them. if you have all the mods installed I don't believe on PS4 it really matters. You say rank 3, I assume that is your warframes level, if it is you won't be able to install all of your mods until you are a high rank, However I would recommend using a Orokin reactor to upgrade your warframe if you have the platinum. It will double the points allowed for you to install mods or higher level mods.

The only thing to pay attention to when placing abilities on a frame are polarity slots.

You want to match up the symbols on the top left of the card with a polarity of te same symbol. This will allow you to equip the ability for half price.

All frames come with 4 slots(one in each corner) that is polarized for its abilities. Try equipping them there for half price to equip.

Thanx all for the info:

Gotcha Darzk about the placement and as it turns out you are correct  { Not that I thought you weren't :-) }

And as horridhal stated I usually place them in there correct polarity slots for energy sake.

But last night I decided to buy NYX and I equipped two of her abilities for a test run and they both worked flawlessly as far as the (PS4) PAD goes, I'm not sure what's wrong with MAG.

I also installed an Orokin Reactor on both Warframes as Project_Vectrix stated and I noticed something else about my Tenno's:

MAG is still rank 3 were as NYX is Rank 9, maybe this has something to do with when I added the Reactor at the beginning of NYX's use, but after MAG was already level 30. Not sure if this makes a difference just mentioning what I see in front of me.

I also tried to change the polarity of an ability using FORMA with MAG since she's level 30, but unless I'm not understanding something here things went sideways with it. The polarity didn't change at all, but MAG now reads "UNRANKED" and all here Mods are unequipped.

From what I read before I attempted this, is it would "0" the level of the Mod not the Warframe, but this didn't happen it more or less reversed.

In any case I'll stick to NYX and worry about rising MAG's level later.

Once again thank you all for your input, it really helps a lot.