The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Ice Wave! Yay A Frost Thread Not About Snowglobe!

Kyphe

OK first, snowglobe is broken, I do not mean to suggest otherwise or detract from that, but there are 40 threads about that already.

This is about the awesome new icewave, which may be the only reason I do not sell frost when I have leveled him to 30

Thing is, I only got frost a few days before the change, and tbh I dId not like him at all, I found all his abilities to be pointless and I have never needed snowglobe to do defense as I don't do 50 waves of T3.

So I was just going to grind him using guns and get rid.

But then the change came and then icewave started to feel useful, so feeling that snowglobe was not a priority I decided to go the fleeting expertise route with streamline and stretch and focus.

What you end up with is a very spammable offensive damage and CC wave that can hit mobs coming in the main doors on the kappa defense while you are stood on top of the artifact carriage!

A wave that now goes up and down stairs! will hit on different levels! will climb walls! will seek out targets in a limited cone from the direction of fire! and can go through any obstruction like doors or crates to hit what is on the other side while you are totally safe from fire, and on top of that has a very good chance of dropping blue balls behind to keep you on max power no matter how often you cast it.

And it looks cool!

I do not know what the new range is but it looks a lot further than the 23.5m maxed out range of the old one.

So now I am having a lot of fun with frost, and as I can spam his ult for nuke on demand I have decided to keep him for now.

His first ability is a waste of time and a slot, it has no AOE, and a tiny hitbox letting you miss most of the time and when it hits what then? soon as you shoot it breaks? I kind of think he needs a stun equivalent of novas nullstar to replace it which would improve his melee.

Snow-globe in the new form is only good for revives and short term cover, if they are giving it HP they should have removed the timer so max efficiency builds are not penalized and you could spam 3 or 4 globes on a spot to keep it safe before running off to kill things, but tbh I think it needs something else, like a team heal or power recovery ability to give it purpose.

At the end of the day, his end game may be over, but for normal play he is still a fun frame with the right build which i hope people will try out and may like as much as me.

That said, I do appreciate those who liked his old style of play and are upset at the changes.

I remember love the sh*t out of ice wave and played more offensively with Frost. I swear that the way I had it modded it would hit enemies multiple times meaning there was so much damage going on. But then it stopped hitting multiple times, and then with damage 2.0 taking away its slow it really ruined it for me.

But if what you say is true then I may have to go and check it out.

Good, I'm not the only one who's ever used Frost offensively. I modded mostly for Avalanche and Ice Wave, only popping a Globe when I needed to, say, revive a teammate. Sounds awesome now, unfortunately I'm farming for Frost Prime (again) currently so I can't try it out...

Good, I'm not the only one who's ever used Frost offensively. I modded mostly for Avalanche and Ice Wave, only popping a Globe when I needed to, say, revive a teammate.

I know the feeling. Nothing quite like getting right in front of a mob in a corridor, casting Ice Wave, and watching them all die as you charge towards your objective.

I just wish Frost wasn't so damn slow.

I remember love the sh*t out of ice wave and played more offensively with Frost. I swear that the way I had it modded it would hit enemies multiple times meaning there was so much damage going on. But then it stopped hitting multiple times, and then with damage 2.0 taking away its slow it really ruined it for me.

But if what you say is true then I may have to go and check it out.

Slow proc on ice wave is defiantly back mate!

I have been happily wading into huge mobs killing level 30 plus corpus on the nix invasion and grabbing an average of 50% of the total damage output for the team using nothing but ice wave and my level 11 brokk skinned fragor.  I was teamed up with a pair of level 10 players one in a nova and one in a rhino which I suspect to both be leveled up to 30 at least as they both had lots of cosmetics on, the 4th dude was level 1 and being carried with his mk1 brat lol

Well I'm back from doing a mission or two and I have to say that I like it more now that they added the ice damage back. But they removed the nice hard crunch that I loved so dearly and added this really low key one that you can barely hear over the sound of enemies shattering into pieces.

Saw a Frost spamming it in Elara the other day.  Had some narly range to it.  Definitely not as useless/limited as the old version, which I pretty much almost never saw get used.  He's been on my list of frames to get, just got like... five others to deal with first.

The Ice wave also appears to hit units that are just behind you which has saved my &#! a few times.

Occasionally it will fire off in line with the direction your frame is facing rather than where you are aiming.

Yeah, Frost Wave is completely badass now.  Not only does it provide a short range AoE around you on cast, but it's travel speed, size of hitbox, slow proc, and sheer damage make it immensely useful in any situation where you can funnel enemies through a door or hallway.

Against Corpus it's a no-kidding killer.  Against Infested (who love to swarm), the slow proc is a godsend.  Grineer--eh.  Corrupted?  Still useful as hell (great to add to Snowglobe on defense).