Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage : Firing Animation Re - Do

DeadlyFatGuy

As some of us may know, the firing animation of the phage lets us hit multiple enemies but when you zoom the rays will focus on one spot like a beam. Yeah yeah we know DE is trying on new animation sets for weapons but this style is a bit frustrating to do especially when your doing high level defense and or survival. Am i right? On the other note you have to hold the fire button so that the beam will stay at the center when you zoomed on it. Im not saying the Phage is a bad weapon, its actually very nice on high level with the set in elemental damage which is viral plus its a shotgun(Im quite astounded that it is one). What do you guys think ? Does is need redoing or just stay as is ?

I like the weapon and plan on throwing several forma onto the bad boy, the different fire animation really shows the DE are trying new things and at least for me I am absolutely loving them. First the drakgoon charge shotgun now a continuous fire shotgun? As if a drakgoon and synapse had a baby <3. Also its a shotgun b/c if you do not focus it the whole way you can still have a fair amount of spread so its a great CC weapon.

The slow zoom time is what allows it to have a nice 330 base damage, any faster this weapon rightfully deserves a slight nerf to the damage. Also, I know this game is not very realistic, but could you run while ADS on a shotgun spamming the trigger. All jokes a side, this weapon does not use ammo at any great speed, its actually very ammo efficient making it a perfect shotgun in retrospect.

I've seen this kind of comment many times before in other games. For some reason there's always a demographic that is attracted to unusual weapons, but then tries to use them like assault rifles. 

I really hope DE doesn't give in to that. I love all the unique weapons and they have done this one very right, with the slow ammo drain allowing you to hold the beam down for long periods as long as you play actively and avoid being interrupted. They even did it on a shotgun where you don't need fire rate mods and can stack damage.

Appreciate the honest opinion guys. Not saying anything negative about it and all. In fact I'm loving this weapon a lot because of its ammo efficiency and high damage base, where in the whole game have you found a shotgun who doesn't drain your ammo directly. Right? I'm just pointing out if you guys are down with the new animations that they are putting on the weapons. ^_^

Appreciate the honest opinion guys. Not saying anything negative about it and all. In fact I'm loving this weapon a lot because of its ammo efficiency and high damage base, where in the whole game have you found a shotgun who doesn't drain your ammo directly. Right? I'm just pointing out if you guys are down with the new animations that they are putting on the weapons. ^_^

If you love a weapon better dont start topics about a rework of them. This could end in a new animation/nerf noone would like.