Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo's "business Partnership"

Volt_Cruelerz

After posting a related thread, I ended up creating an outline of what I thought would be a hilarious next step for Darvo.  I then proceeded to get bored during a databases class as the professor was going over what I already knew and started to write out the actual dialogue of it (which you see below).  I personally enjoyed writing it and would enjoy playing it, so who knows, maybe others will enjoy reading it.

Mission Prompt

Tenno,

I have a request for you.  You see, I've been looking to expand my business for some time now.  Along with the profits for me, there would of course be more savings for you.  To do this though, I need to impress a potential trading partner.  That's where you come in, Tenno.  All you have to do is go in, gather some information on the Grineer fleet movements, and get out!  Easy!  Yes, I know there have been surprises along the way for our previous encounters, but this time I'll make sure to send you to a nice, lowly little outpost where all they do is process intel.  Minimal guards, no real threat to you.  Look, I'll even throw in a Catalyst!  If this business partnership can be established, you'll be seeing discounts across the board!  It's a win for everyone, except perhaps my father.  He'll probably be unhappy, but don't worry.  I haven't told anyone else about this.  And whatever you do, DO NOT TELL THE LOTUS!

Darvo

Mission Script

Players enter mission

Darvo: I'm so glad you decided to take me up on my offer!  All you have to do is just go grab some datamasses.  They should be marked on your HUD... now.

Players are marked as objectives

Darvo: why aren't you...  Oh, my mistake.  Here, it should be working now.

Objectives properly marked

Tenno progress through mission

Darvo: I'm so glad you agreed to help me out on this.  She can be really hard to impress.

Tenno pick up first datamass

Darvo: Good!  Yes!  Great!  I mean, I've worked with her associates before, but this is sure to win her favor!

Darvo: You know, my father would really disapprove of this partnership.  He'd throw a fit.  Actually no, he'd probably throw Osprey wings at me again...  He'll still find out eventually if she agrees, but he wouldn't be able to stop it.  In the long run, I actually have plans to merge with her, in a manner of speaking.

Tenno pick up second datamass

Darvo: Ooh!  Yes, almost there..  This relationship is sure to happen!  I'm certain she'll say yes.

Darvo: I can hardly take the anticipation.  You know, it took a lot of confidence to get to this step...  ...  but what if she says no?  No... we can't be letting ourself think that way, Darvo...  be optimistic...

Tenno pick up third and final datamass

Darvo: You've got all three!  She's sure to be my partner now!  This relationship is bound to happen. ... Since it's not like there's anything on that ship that's actually a threat to you, I'll go ahead and send the relatio.. er.. business, yes, business proposal, telling her she'll have a delivery of Grineer fleet movement intelligence soon.

Darvo's Computer: Message titled "A Partnership Like No Other" sent to contact "Lotus."

Darvo: Ah...  it's done...  Nothing I can do now.  Now we wait for her response.

Tenno progress towards the exit

Lotus suddenly pops up into the coms, infuriated

Lotus: DARVO!

Darvo: ... yes?

Lotus: what is this?!?

Darvo: it's a... letter...  detailing our compatibility as... partners...

Lotus: It's a love letter!

Darvo: ... I suppose you could call it that...

Lotus (reading from the message): "My love for you burns with a fire hotter than the nuclear reactor that powers you."

Darvo: It does...

Lotus (reading from the message): "I'd trade a million credits for just one evening with you?"

Darvo: I would...  unless the economy took a downturn, then you'd have to settle for...

Lotus (reading from the message): "My log(n) would fit nicely into your big O?!"

Darvo: I thought it was a rather creative pickup line for someone like you...

Lotus: Darvo, you idiot!  I'm not even human!

Darvo: But we Corpus love our robotics!  An AI isn't that different!  Please just say yes...  I'll get on the Solar Rail tonight and meet you as soon as I can!

Lotus pauses, exhasperated before composing herself.

Lotus: No.  I'm forwarding this message onto your father.  I'll let him take care of this.  ...  Tenno, I'm still expecting that intel.

Lotus leaves the conversation

Darvo (sounding like he's about to cry and turned away from the camera): I guess I won't be expanding any time soon..  or getting with her...  You'll still get your Catalyst... as promised...  Now, if you don't mind, I think I'd like to be alone...

player finishes mission

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Fifteen upvotes...

Fifteen upvotes is all that this piece of comedy genius gets?!

I guess it just doesn't appeal to some.  It also depends on the person understanding the idea that Lotus is an AI which isn't universally agreed upon.

EDIT: also, the O(log(n)) isn't going to make sense to everyone.  For the record, that joke was lifted from here.  I didn't feel bad doing that because I know both the guy in that picture and the person that tried to popularize that meme.  The guy in the picture now works at Cisco IIRC (and probably doesn't want it attributed to him) and the guy who came up with the idea of turning that picture into a meme wouldn't care in the slightest.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz