The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 12.x - Drastic Drop In Performance

xxEvilZedxx

Try disabling the new feature called HUD Motion.

Try to play the game in a lower/smaller resolution.

Note: The Earth tile set lags.Don't play on that tile set too much, wait until they improve the tile set to make it more stable and less laggy. This type of problem already happened before, it was on the Phobos tile set.

Edited by HideorEscape

Any of you guys check to see if your video card is downclocking when in a mission? Mine has been going from 1202 down to 833 and I get stuttering/jitters and the gameplay does not feel smooth then.

Edit: Using a GTX 780 

Edited by Mythblaze

I have a pretty cruddy laptop, but it still runs most, if not all games with a solid 30-40fps with an occasional stutter here and there *nothing to rage about*. I could run this game with max settings and still get a solid 30 fps. 

But since update 10, and the updates that followed. my frames have dropped drastically. Constant, and random, frame drops on all planets and with update 12 I can barely play at all.  I did an alert mission today and I got 2-9fps the whole time *with everyting off and lowest settings.*  Launcher settings have no effect *besides the multicore setting.* 

The strange part is that i am not lagging. My connection is fine as my attacks connect every time *according to my friends* It is only my frames that are takeing a hit. 

I do run this game through steam. I wonder if that effects it at all?  *steam overlay is disabled*

a normal alt tabbing from desktop to any full screen game client only requires 1-3 flickers.

my notebook screen flickers 4-5 times every time i do alt tabbing which means something's wrong with the warframe client.

the WEIRD thing is,

sometimes after a patch (a few months ago) it returned back to normal, now it's on the something-wrong-with-warframe-client patch again.

i guess DE are tinkering with the graphic. hopefully they will fix this soon

same issue here too, fps half some times and sometimes make it unplayable, i've tried everything my end and only soution is to use another pc which is not a solution atall tbh.

weirdly though, using an AMD graphics card, see other ppl using nvidia with same issue so thats weird.

Stuttering, frame drops and ocasional freezes are always happening to me now, only in this game, i play many other games that are supposed to be heavyer with nothing like this.

In fact the game runs a little better to me when i max out all settings, with lower setting its just unplayable.

DE must focus in this issue ASAP, many of my friends allready stopped playing this game because of this issues.

Stuttering, frame drops and ocasional freezes are always happening to me now, only in this game, i play many other games that are supposed to be heavyer with nothing like this.

In fact the game runs a little better to me when i max out all settings, with lower setting its just unplayable.

DE must focus in this issue ASAP, many of my friends allready stopped playing this game because of this issues.

Here is what I did to fix it. Click start, type in msconfig and open msconfig.exe and click the check box to hide all microsoft services and then disable all non-essential services excluding NVIDIA services. 

In my testing, the service that was causing the issues for me was Steam Client Service.