The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 12.x - Drastic Drop In Performance

xxEvilZedxx

My biggest issue is that they keep rolling out these content updates, adding weapons and new enemies and mechanics yet they still haven't fixed the performance issues.  The fact that it used to run perfectly and now on normal levels it stutters at 60 fps and on Earth and the Void it jsut drops my frame rate is getting a little annoying.  How am I supposed to enjoy said new content with such terrible performance.

Edited by RoyMathewson

for me changing resolutions gives a huge boost. for instance i start the game in 1920x1200 get ~30fps in a given tileset. exit to menu, change to 1440x900, wait 10 seconds, change back to 1920x1200 ... now i get ~50fps in that same tileset. can any of you please test this?

for me changing resolutions gives a huge boost. for instance i start the game in 1920x1200 get ~30fps in a given tileset. exit to menu, change to 1440x900, wait 10 seconds, change back to 1920x1200 ... now i get ~50fps in that same tileset. can any of you please test this?

I tried. Didn't work unfortunately.

Hi all,

after all hotfix 12.x, I have noticed a drastic loss of performance in the game.

menus before I had between 180/260 fps now instead of 90/120 fps

when I was in the game before I could get 60/90 fps but now I have 13/40 fps

it has become impossible to play the game.

I also tried to disable all the graphics settings by reducing all values ​​to a minimum, I have seen that there is no difference on the performance of the game.

I hope you solve the problem.

Thanks.

I don't see what you are whining about, really...

...my FPS likes to drop to something like 0.3 to 3 (yes, 0.3, I actually get a frame update once in about 3-5 seconds)

Let me add my 2 cents, and let me note I turned in an actual support ticket for this issue 6 days ago, and it has not even been acknowledged. Till U12, I was really impressed with DE's responsiveness to player issues. I had my first crash ever after several months of play when Cicero was released, and I never started a ticket because the hotfix came out so quickly and actually FIXED THE PROBLEM. I really would have expected that before DE launched a whole pile of new data that they would respond in some way that got the game running again.Both persistent lag and complete crashes have been happening to me since Update 12 came through. I was hoping Project Tethra would include a fix for this, but apparently not. I've updated everything I can update and run only Warframe when I'm playing, although of course there are processes running in the background. I have the little fps utility running. If you just sit there on the star map, it runs at 60, but the minute you have your warframe so  much as scratch his nose, it drops dramatically. 40 fps is still playable, but when it drops to 10 + or - and hovers there, you can't aim, you can't choose the direction you're running in, and you can't tell whether your target is down or not. It's definitely worse when your squad gets mobbed (as on Kappa). Additionally, today with limited game time, I've had elevators strand me on a floor far from the action; I took a ride on one that seemed to think it was a yo-yo (kept going up and down), and something seems to have gone wonky with the AI as far as placing friendly troops when you don't need them (high-powered Grineer suddenly appeared around the Orikin artifact on an endless defense mission against Infested) and limiting hostiles when you want lots of them (ended up with a womping great 6 oxium with a very low spawn rate for Corpus on Kappa). The events are fun, but I would think a higher priority at DE would be making the game playable.

I was playing this game two days ago with everything maxed out at 1080p with above 60fps. Now I have 10fps with constant freezing even when I'm sitting in the menu with everything turned off. I have a gtx 770. I have defraged and tried all solutions suggested by other players. DE, what the heck did you do?!

My performance has dropped drastically again this update, happened at u12 and part way through u11 as well. General gameplay isnt too bad though fps is lower than it was previously however void now appears to be completely unplayable to me. The game will randomly during the mission either crash and shuts down without opening the crash reporter or simply lag up to approx 0.1fps and simply continue until i close the game. I previously had to drop all graphics options to minimum when U12 first came out but that made void completely playable, it seems 12.4 is just another spanner in the works. Disappointing considering i used to be able to run the game easily on medium settings pre U11.

Edited by Jag272

huge performance loss since yesterday. when not hosting, i had like 30+ fps atleast, in big fights, now doesnt mater how many enemies etc etc, its 15~fps with constant micro shutering, which makes shooting at something... much harder.

So is this related to the game code or something? Because I don't know much about video game design or technology in general. So I'm curious how DE updating the game, can cause performance issues this noticeable. Or is this not even related to updating the game?

can someone acknowledge this from DE! I have talked to dozens of people on region chat, and also see so many threads on here about this!!! this game has become unplayable.  While on the other hand, I am able to play games like planetside 2 which is MUCH MUCH more demanding at between a 35-60 most of the time.  In this game i drop down between 8-25 fps?? What is going on?

Why would they acknowledge it when a large portion of players keep playing and buying things from the stupid store? That'd require work on their part, and if it's not making a reskinned warframe with different colored powers then god forbid they pay any attention on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted08 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Wow has it been that long since this was first posted? I don't think the game will be going back to how it was. I can see some performance increase but not much. Hopefully I'll be completely wrong.