Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Much Conflict Between Players In The Forums Lately :p

Kabeta

How can this be lol. In the end you guys end up logging into the game and playing the same map and who do you think fills up them other slots to play the rest of the lev with. The players on this forum and the game lol. So why so much criticism :P Lol maybe thats why the Staff and the DE's been quiet lately on these forums, so much hate and conflicts going on, I can understand why they stepped out for abit other than fixing bugs.

Edited by Kabeta

How can this be lol. In the end you guys end up logging into the game and playing the same map and who do you think fills up them other slots to play the rest of the lev with. The players on this forum and the game lol. So why so much criticism :P Lol maybe thats why the Staff and the DE's been quiet lately on these forums, so much hate and conflicts going on, I can understand why they stepped out for abit other than fixing bugs.

Actually, they're at Pax East.

The conflict is because half of the community know the new mod system is good for the game, understand it's in beta so resets are to be expected, and the other half of the community is wrong.

ou4fa710b7.png

Edited by Notso

Most of the haters are on Forum and hating on the game while the others are playing the game or are on forum and looking around for interesting things.

the hater's are like little kids, Only because they die all the time or that they can't use the new Mod system right or that they are use to runing around with OP stats and doesn't need to play tactical and never die has made them so ignoring.... First they sad that the game was to easy.... now they are hating because they can't play on high lvl missions because the game has been to hard for them.... But the truth is that they can't play without OP stats. ;P ( they aint real Space Ninjas that can handle pressure )

****Sorry for my bad English****

Most of the haters are on Forum and hating on the game while the others are playing the game or are on forum and looking around for interesting things.

the hater's are like little kids, Only because they die all the time or that they can't use the new Mod system right or that they are use to runing around with OP stats and doesn't need to play tactical and never die has made them so ignoring.... First they sad that the game was to easy.... now they are hating because they can't play on high lvl missions because the game has been to hard for them.... But the truth is that they can't play without OP stats. ;P ( they aint real Space Ninjas that can handle pressure )

Or maybe they can use the mod system right and realized that not only can you still get "OP stats" in it (if anything it's actually easier) but now it's totally luck-dependent and takes forever to grind? Look, I don't call you a dimwit who thinks 'fun' is 'randomness' and who should be given a random chance (let's say 10%) of being able to log into the game. If you can't, the game has a random chance (let's say 10%) of reformatting your hard drive. So please, cut the condescending "YOU HAVE TO ADAPT TO NOT HAVING OP STATS" claptrap out. Because you clearly don't. You just have to bore yourself to death.

The important thing is you found a way to feel superior to all of us.

On one hand you have people who recognize bad/problematic game design. On the other you have people who think that fake difficulty makes a game better.

People have their own opinions. I don't think either side is right or wrong, because this is the wonderful world of game design.. Despite all the insults being thrown around, and the bad attitudes..there is still some good feedback hiding in there.

It's probably kind of a perfect storm of it being open beta now which means more people on the forums, new mod system effectively doing a soft reset on older players (while at the same time putting their level 30 frames/weapons on the same level as a level 1) thus making some people angry, then of course there's the people who love every last thing about the update. Toss all that into this wonderful pot we call the internet and out comes S#&$storm stew.

On one hand you have people who recognize bad/problematic game design. On the other you have people who think that fake difficulty makes a game better.

The only problem is the way in which mods are acquired. Which was a problem before. Except it wasn't a problem.

After 10 hours of play you'll have all the basic mods you'll need, unless you've simply been unlucky.

The only problem is the way in which mods are acquired. Which was a problem before. Except it wasn't a problem.

After 10 hours of play you'll have all the basic mods you'll need, unless you've simply been unlucky.

true. Nuff said

People do get unlucky, you know. Also, the skinner box design requires frequent and carefully calculated rewards for optimal behavior. Action RPGs have a whole bunch of those:

1. Level-ups

2. Quest rewards

3. Random loot

4. (for newer games) Achievements

You've ripped out one of those skinner boxes here (which is directly responsible for game longevity) for no particular reason, especially since doing so has actually created the negative impact of 'you need to grind for 10 hours to get the basic mods you need' whereas pre-UD7 you could actually progress without being frustrated without finding a single mod.

Drastic change always create a large argument. There'll always be people who understand the change and accept it. There'll always be people who fail to see the benefit of new system and feel that someone is accountable to their loss. Their will always be people who understand the change but see some holes inside the new system and arguing to improve it.

Natural, really. If the community react in a "Yes, It's great" fashion in more than 90%of the post, it'd be pretty strange.

Or maybe they can use the mod system right and realized that not only can you still get "OP stats" in it (if anything it's actually easier) but now it's totally luck-dependent and takes forever to grind? Look, I don't call you a dimwit who thinks 'fun' is 'randomness' and who should be given a random chance (let's say 10%) of being able to log into the game. If you can't, the game has a random chance (let's say 10%) of reformatting your hard drive. So please, cut the condescending "YOU HAVE TO ADAPT TO NOT HAVING OP STATS" claptrap out. Because you clearly don't. You just have to bore yourself to death.

I respect your opinion and do you know that if a mob drops a Mod then every one doesn't get the same think out of it? and That every Planet has an different drop rate? Example In Jupiter- io The drops are higher for Abilitie Mods and Venus is a Hiher drop on stuff like Health and Power Range and stuff like that.... But why doesn't every one get the same Loot? Its because every one has a chance of getting loot.

Example we say your in Venus on a Defense mission and you've been farming for Health/Shield mods and suddenly after 1h-2h you get a Shield mod and then there is a guy who hew been farming for 5 min and would it be fair that he gets a shield mod? No... it wouldn't so the devs did that every one will get a different Loot so luck shouldn't be the Key to get good mods fast. The more you grind the better loot you get but remember that it depends on Planet.

This is one of the biggest problems that people thinks its only Luck that decides if you get a good/bad mod/loot.

and I'm not telling that you cant be OP in the new MOD system... I'm saying that the Players that was used to play with high shield and Health didn't hew a big challenge in the game, but when this new Mod system came they where still used to the "OP stats" so they died kind fast/frequently (So did I) so it took time to get used to the "Low shield and Health stats" and start playing more careful or that People was just bored by farming for the mods again and started Hating on the game and I do understand that but remeber its a Beta and stuff like this will happen...

Thanks for your time and Remeber that every ones opinion is different and I do Respect your opinion ^.^

Edited by Prelizm