Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Music] Project Warp- Alternate Soundtrack Project

-WARP-Huntress

So I swear I signed in to my account, and then I post this on the forum and it posts as my friend's account... I don't know what the hell happened, maybe she was the last one to use my computer on this forum? But I signed in as my account... anyway... ignore this.

Edited by -WARP-Huntress

Hey everyone, I'm Xaero, or Tal or whatever, founder of the WARP clan. You may have heard of us from our stupid recruiting chat messages. Anyway...

I've recently begun work on a project I've been wanting to do for a long time: Create an alternative soundtrack for Warframe. I've always found Warframe's soundtrack to be kind of boring and repetitive and not very... up-beat or fitting of an action game? The futuristic settings and tilesets and such have always given off such a dark sci-fi setting vibe to me that I thought industrial/electronic music would be more fitting... so I'm writing it my damn self.

https://soundcloud.com/project-warp

I just completed the first song, inspired by the Corpus Jupiter gas station tilesets.

I hope you enjoy it, I'll update here when I come out with more stuff...

I guess I should advertise my other project?

facebook.com/nuclearsunband

soundcloud.com/nuclear-sun-1

And if you don't like any of it... I'm sorry?

Sir, I completely approve this thread.

My story: I turned off Music when I reached rank 5 or so. The Tenno drums sound ok and all but after a bit (I mean we do a lot of missions) you get bored of the same beats. I understand there might be budget ties, but hmmm it's been roughly 4 major updates since I joined and no scores have been added :c

Incidentally, when I'm playing, I put drum&bass and all sort of instrumental music... stuff like Aphex Twin, that give me a sense of motion/action/something futuristic.

Just something to be noticed: the music in-game, as repetitive as it is, is implemented in a way that goes along with the development of action, meaning it is silent most of the time and then build up when combats start/are near. You could consider this and make it so there's a "calmed" background music for the "peaceful/undetected" parts, and making it possible for it to transition to a more moved beat when fighting.

Nice contribution... but I think this has to be done on the Dev's side, at least to be implemented to its full potential. Who knows maybe you can get a spot among them?

PS: I liked the song ;p

Besides the techincal problems with the topic, I think this game has problems with over percussive sound tracks, lacking a main theme melody as a whole. Therefore, I do think that your music may fit a boss battle / stressed situation.

Unless DE makes it so we can replace the music files with our own, the songs I make for this are just going to be loopable tracks for an entire level, rather than dynamic music. Believe me I'd love to do that, but there's no easy way to make the songs change based on the situation unless it's coded into the game.

All these songs are downloadable and are meant to be set to loop for each tileset they're made for... did I mention that already? I forget if I did, but they are... so... download and loop 'em when you play so you can actually hear how they go with the tileset. If you just listen to them on soundcloud on your own you're kinda missing the point.