Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metallic Paints

stolenname

Hi all, just raising a little dream of mine - running around with a pair of gilded aklex. I personally would pay a fair sum to make this dream a reality, and after searching through colour packs a & b I am yet to find a suitable colour, so that it doesn't look like someone has just dipped a perfectly good pistol in some yellow-orange paint.

So here is my idea - a set of metallic paints that will create the metallic shine on the weapons, as the gold does on primed equipment does for example. The set could include various metal colours, allowing for chromed, titanium etc. finishes. I understand that the gold might be reserved for primed, and so it may not be possible, however a chromed pair of aklex would be much better than what we have now. Until then, default colours it is. 

I'm no expert, but it appears the metallic textures on Prime and Wraith items are different than the flat ones we can color in terms of coding and whatnot. There's something about how they are built that you can't, or at least its complicated, to apply a color alteration...something about how the engine deals with textures, lighting and reflections?

I believe the best option are mettalic skins... but then if you are going to do that, might as well just do the special variants, as they are doing now.

Would be nice if someone at DE could tells us a little bit about that...just so we can keep our expectations reasonable.