Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Holy crap that is amazing.

I've been on this tread before and I still love the concept. Everything about it reaks of awesome. Still hoping he'll become implemented into the game in the future

Something has been bugging me for a while: Ash not getting a prime yet (I know, its pathetic).

After seeing Typhus in this comic, he reminded me of him... they look really similar in design.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this:

If Typhus doesn't become a warframe, DE, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE make this concept Ash's new design.

I want this warframe now.

One thing I love about the design is that it fills every aesthetic that Typhus should fill; It's kinda creepy, it looks ninja-like, and it's just badass.

I have to say though. I'm not a big fan of the mouth, it seem out of place when compared to the other warframes. Other then that small nitpick, wonderful design.

Edited by ViralN9

Something has been bugging me for a while: Ash not getting a prime yet (I know, its pathetic).

After seeing Typhus in this comic, he reminded me of him... they look really similar in design.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this:

If Typhus doesn't become a warframe, DE, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE make this concept Ash's new design.

man-with-bad-headache.jpg?w=420

I have to say though. I'm not a big fan of the mouth, it seem out of place when compared to the other warframes. Other then that small nitpick, wonderful design.

That's the point. People want something new and "original".  You have to keep in consideration that it's meant to be different, as it fuses to the host's body and attaches itself to it. Aside from being an exo-suit, it's basically a choice:  Do you want great power?  If so, then you sacrifice your humanity to save humanity.

That's how Typhus sees the world as he is constantly changing and how he can see without "eyes" and a scientific way to explain how the HUD works.

Edited by RedSkittlez

The powers are same like the ones from the game Prototype. Wonderful game !!! Donno about copyrights but be Careful DE !!! I love Warframe too !!! Tyvm.

Here,

This link might help: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-typhus-prime-lol-12032014/?p=2249615

Others have thought the same as you. I'm aware of the game, but I have never played it, nor do I know any of its story. If you want proof, just add me on Steam and look at my Game Library.  On another note, we could say the same about some of the things in Prototype.  It took inspiration from other things, such as a book called Biomega, or the movie called The Thing.  You have to realize that a lot of things have already been done, and it's harder now to be original.  We have to take inspiration from other things.  "Art inspiring Art"

You've got to remember that if DE actually take this idea, it'll go through the design filter, like what they did with Zephyr.  If the powers are similar to the ones in Prototype, then it doesn't matter, because Typhus is a parasite and what it does in nature.  You can't really copyright powers.  For example, you can't tell DE to take out Frost because he's too similar to Ice Man or Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat.  The same goes for Rhino even though he's similar to Rhino from Spider-man Marvel comics. There are also the Scorpions, the Grineer units that hook you and pull you in.  You could compare those to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.  You can clearly see that everything is inspired by something.  Without inspiration from others, we probably wouldn't see games like Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma (both of which were inspired by Berserk).

Edited by RedSkittlez

HO HO HO! I sense that in your creation, there might be a little inspiration from the good ole' Alex Mercer main character from the Prototype game. The whole theme of absorption and utilising the strengths (e.g. armor, shields, health) from your enemies to augment your own power would be a really interesting dynamic to introduce to Warframe gameplay.

Good job! ^_^

HO HO HO! I sense that in your creation, there might be a little inspiration from the good ole' Alex Mercer main character from the Prototype game. The whole theme of absorption and utilising the strengths (e.g. armor, shields, health) from your enemies to augment your own power would be a really interesting dynamic to introduce to Warframe gameplay.

Good job! ^_^

I'm sorry to burst your bubble man but no Prototype inspiration here just a guy making a warframe based on parasites and using things that also probably inspired Prototype.