The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

First I never said he was too demonic for the game I said he SEEMS to demonic to be a frame to use. And how is a revenge seeker demonic tell me that.

First, he's Hell-Bent on killing you, no matter what you did/how you did it/why you did it, to me that seems like something from hell (where devils and demons may reside depending on your religion/local) wanting to kill me. Second, why doesn't he ask you why you killed them? Finally, have you heard his opening and leaving sequence? hes got the whole freddy kruger/Jason Vorheese whisper down to a "T", and they are considered hellspawns/demons!

First I never said he was too demonic for the game I said he SEEMS to demonic to be a frame to use. And how is a revenge seeker demonic tell me that.

hes black and glowing red, and has a bow named Dread, Kunai named Despair, and a Scythe named Hate. And stalks you hunts you down and tells you things like "i am your reckoning." and things of that nature.

and for Typhus, Demonic isnt the word I would use. He looks more, corroded, old, warn, used, rusted, natural, withering. But not demonic, nowhere near demonic.

Edited by Senketsu_

First of all more then half of the abilities(including the four main ones)you described involve this guy mutilating his opponents. His armour leaves him in constant pain. His body is filled with parasites. His helmet looks like a monster(I couldn't think of a better way to describe it sorry)

Now onto Nekros his design isn't nearly as dark as this guys. Only his first ability is demonic, his second involves him screaming to terrify his opponents, his third just makes better loot drop and his fourth is him summoning holograms of fallen enemies(if they were the actual bodies I wouldn't argue)

And finally I never said I didn't like this guy I just thought DE would think this guys concept too dark and tone him down(basically change him a lot) or make him into a enemy similar to the stalker which would be interesting as well. I am very sorry if I offended you in anyway.

i dont see demonic realy and ive been acused of being the antichrist i know demonic, anyway that aside anything can look "demonic" or "evil" and still be a force for good. for example Spawn the comic book anti-hero, hes still a force for good even though he is a demon and his methods like all anti-heros are questionable, so dont say things look to evil to be a force for good, after all im a madman who wants to drown slave traders in a pool of their loved ones blood :D

Well, lets see this. You talk about a warframe that's too "aggressive" so lets take a look at this:Nekros 4th ability under his profile video, the Lotus/DERebecca states: "Resurrects Shadow versions of your fallen enemies to fight along side you for a limited time". Nowhere in that statement does it say HOLOGRAM. (Really, when did "holograms" kill people?)

Soul punch? That is literally the most demonic thing ever, You actually punch someones soul out of their body and use it to kill another. We can go one step further and state that he uses nanotechnology to resurrect the dead, that's pretty damn demonic to me.

Ember burns her opponents to ash. Frost flash freezes then shatters them into ice cubes. Nyx takes all incoming damage and returns it back to the person who causes it. Rhino charges the enemy, eviscerating them. Nova uses antimatter to dissolve them at the molecular level. Excalibur stabs and impales enemies to walls using Radial Javelin and Slash Dash cuts enemies into two. Shall I keep going?

Even Further:

Ash teleports behind targets slicing their throats and/or heads, even stabs and rips spinal columns apart. Volt simply eletricutes his enemies into crispies, even blows holes through them with electricity. Ahh Saryn, good ol Saryn, the toxic fem fatale. She just melts you with toxic and corrosive abilities, no not one least bit grossed out by this. I'd just love to be stuck it Vaubans traps, stuck there or being crushed to death. Oberon lifts you up, then slams you down with extreme force. Zephyr gets you stuck into tornados that can slice you to death. Hydroid not only traps you into Davey Jones Locker, he calls forth tenticles to kill you. And finally Valkyr grows energy claws to shred you apart, and quite well actually...

Yeah... I dont think this games is at all dark in nature...

Even Further:

Ash teleports behind targets slicing their throats and/or heads, even stabs and rips spinal columns apart. Volt simply eletricutes his enemies into crispies, even blows holes through them with electricity. Ahh Saryn, good ol Saryn, the toxic fem fatale. She just melts you with toxic and corrosive abilities, no not one least bit grossed out by this. I'd just love to be stuck it Vaubans traps, stuck there or being crushed to death. Oberon lifts you up, then slams you down with extreme force. Zephyr gets you stuck into tornados that can slice you to death. Hydroid not only traps you into Davey Jones Locker, he calls forth tenticles to kill you. And finally Valkyr grows energy claws to shred you apart, and quite well actually...

Yeah... I dont think this games is at all dark in nature...

its ok darkness is a good thing

I am sorry but this guy just seems too demonic(his helmet is a bit creepy, some of his abilities don't help and then theres the fact his armour causes him constant pain) unless DE tones it down a bit it would be easier to see him as another assassin who hunts us down then a war frame we can use

warframe___typhus_prime_by_redskittlez_d

Does this look demonic to you DOES IT !!

Also if you don't like demonic things never touch the Devil may cry series cause a DEMON turned against his own kind to save humans. Had kids with a human and had half demon kids in which one fights them consistently. They look demonic in nature not just cause they have demon's blood but please as an artist never tell some one to change their design cause you don't like it. That's like me saying you should change your username cause I don't like it.

warframe___typhus_prime_by_redskittlez_d

HES SO DEMONIC!!!

I admit I laughed when I saw this and I admit I could have used a much better term to described this guy so I,m sorry do you guys forgive and can we please try to forget about this Edited by warpath514

Why do people assume I've taken inspiration from prototype? Cannibalize Armor was based off of assassin bugs, which wear the bodies of their prey as Armour. That's the main inspiration for the ability.

article-0-12E16F52000005DC-127_964x564.j

Cataclysm is based off of a kind of overly aggressive Cordyceps, which is a fungus that infects insects, which sometimes sprouts from the ground and the corpses of the victims. http://www.my-immunity.com/sites/default/files/Cordyceps_gljiva.jpg All of the inspiration has been found from things that are found in the real world, not other video games.

glcjl.jpg

I get it, you just skim through and assume where i got the ideas from, but In reality, I got my ideas from actual things in nature. If you actually read the thread, or checked the inspiration link, you'd realize I had not taken anything from prototype, or anything else. I haven't even played prototype.

So no, I'm not changing Typhus' powers just because a game did it first.

Thanks anyway.

While I didn't know of the biological phenomena, I looked at your ability concept art and saw that they looked similar to the animations of said abilities used in Prototype. They are visually similar. That's all I meant.

I admit I laughed when I saw this and I admit I could have used a much better term to described this guy so I,m sorry do you guys forgive and can we please try to forget about this

*makes a hand-puppet out of Bunny Typhus*

Gwupe cwuddles wif mi, bwunny-Twyphus, in da midduw! ;)

... now I want a Bunny Typhus hand-puppet.

Edited by Santiak

While I didn't know of the biological phenomena, I looked at your ability concept art and saw that they looked similar to the animations of said abilities used in Prototype. They are visually similar. That's all I meant.

With what you just stated and previously then the obivious must happen:

Remove the Scorpion enemies, too similar to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

Remove Freeze from Frost and rename him, too similar to Sub-Zero's Ice Ball and Frost's name from Mortal Kombat.

Rename Excalibur, too close to a mythological sword from King Arthur's period and all the helmets because they are said references.

Remove Shadows of the Undead, eerily similar to Revive from Diablo II.

Remove World on Fire, extremely similar as a combo of Firewall and Blaze from the Sorceress in Diablo II.

I could keep going on and on but you'll get the picture. Everything has a reference point...

Your concerns are noted. But I will not change it because it's similar to something else.

Edited by RedSkittlez

*makes a hand-puppet out of Bunny Typhus*

Gwupe cwuddles wif mi, bwunny-Twyphus, in da midduw! ;)

... now I want a Bunny Typhus hand-puppet.

snuggle the bunny typhus and he may nibble your flesh

cuddle the kitty valkyr you may get shreded

all the cute things will kill you

... unless you make plushies of them ...

Edited by PsychoRioe

snuggle the bunny typhus and he may nibble your flesh

cuddle the kitty valkyr you may get shreded

all the cute things will kill you

... unless you make plushies of them ...

For a moment there, I thought you were writing a Bunny Typhus poem. :P

"Snuggle the Bunny Typhus, and he may nibble your flesh,

and forever more, you both will mesh.

Should one day become gloomy, he will brighten and decorate,

with the jibbly and squishy bits, of the nasties he so likes to eviscerate.

So Snuggle Bunny Typhus, as the bestest of friends do,

and he will forever more, never let go of you."

Edited by Santiak

For a moment there, I thought you were writing a Bunny Typhus poem. :P

"Snuggle the Bunny Typhus, and he may nibble your flesh,

and forever more, you both will mesh.

Should one day become gloomy, he will brighten and decorate,

with the jibbly and squishy bits, of the nasties he so likes to eviscerate.

So Snuggle Bunny Typhus, as the bestest of friends do,

and he will forever more, never let go of you."

... that was awesome ... now i want a plushie of bunny typhus ... and kitty valkyr of course because bunny typhus needs an equaly adorable and murderous friend :3

Edited by PsychoRioe

someone needs to start making warframe plushies ... You got that DE, baset helmet valkyr plushie, that will make money

some one is making Warframe plushies, sheck out one of the prime times in the fanart that they showed someone made a bunch of WF plushies.