Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About A Paris Prime Build.

Arkuno

Question

9 answers to this question

A 4 from the top Heavy Cal barely has any effects on the Paris Prime (at least for me, I keep one there for a good balance between damage and accuracy lost) so yeah, it could be good.

On a side note, your build lacks an elemental combo, you should use one for maximized damage

My other thread? what do you mean? and for what I have on is Serration/splitchamber/VitalSense/HammerShot/PointStrike, and Shred or SpeedTrigger.

You should do Serration/Split chamb./VitalSense/PointStrike/SpeedTrigger/HeavyCaliber(doesn't have to be maxed)/Elemental/Elemental

That build would be around 4 forma and I don't use shred because it already has a small amount of punch through on charged shots AND the bodies can hit other targets.

Ideal build:

- Serration

- Split Chamber

- Point Strike

- Vital Sense

- Speed Trigger

- Element

- Element

- one of the following:

The first seven mods are pretty much a given on any Bow weapon that you're using. The last slot can be used for:

Heavy Caliber      -     will double your base damage at max rank, but make the bow completely unusable past mid range. Not recommended, provided that a non-forma'd bow with half-ranked Serration is already enough to one-shot T3 Heavies in a single headshot; you simply don't need this much extra power for its horrendous downsides.

- Bane Mod      -     will give a straight-up 30% damage boost to a specific faction. DO NOT USE.

Hammer Shot      -     will give a straight-up 27% damage boost to all factions, assuming you've maxed Vital Sense and have 100% crit chance. Also massively increases proc chance, which will benefit bows (especially Dread) far more than the extra 3% damage of a Bane mod would. You have no reason to use Bane over Hammer Shot on a bow, unless you don't have Hammer Shot.

A Third Element      -     will improve damage by roughly 32%, assuming that all three elements give a 90% boost each. Also gives extra inter-faction versatility, which is great for the Void.

Fast Hands      -     won't improve the damage of each shot, but will improve attack speed dramatically. If you can already one-shot each enemy that you're facing, this is easily the best mod to use for that last slot.

Edited by SortaRandom

What about a mid-ranked Heavy Cal? I was just testing it on some Asteroid defense and the arrow spread is manageable at mid to long range,and you definitely do hit harder. The most important thing is that you lose valuable procs.

Also, I'd recommend a Cicero mod or Infected Clip + Magnetic over Hammershot against Corpus. The extra Toxin damage allows you to deal with the meat underneath crewman shields easier, which starts to make a difference in later Survival (especially against Techs).

I'll do some comparing between Hammershot and Fast Hands later. In theory you'd get more DPS by cutting down on downtime between shots, though once again, you lose valuable crit and proc chance.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

What about a mid-ranked Heavy Cal? I was just testing it on some Asteroid defense and the arrow spread is manageable at mid to long range,and you definitely do hit harder. The most important thing is that you lose valuable procs.

You get ~50% extra damage, but lose the ability to do headshots past mid range. Headshots give stupid-high multipliers right now, so I see this as a no-no. XD

I'd much rather use a mod that gives a 30-ish % boost while maintaining the ability to snipe weak points over large distances.

Edited by SortaRandom

Actually, with headshot damage so high right now, I'm OSKing T3 enemies without Split Chamber equipped (my bow's not fully forma'd yet so left it out). I really REALLY hate it when MS doesnt proc 1/10th the time and you have to shoot that enemy again. Rather up the damage on a single arrow all the time. Just a personal preference.

I generally swap in Hammer Shot, bringing the proc chance to 28% (40% with Mal Force which I use when build req toxin).

HS instead of Multishot is ~127.3% dmg on each shot instead of 200% on 9/10 shots and 100% on 1/10 shots. 

But yeah, Sorta's got the right advice here.

You get ~50% extra damage, but lose the ability to do headshots past mid range. Headshots give stupid-high multipliers right now, so I see this as a no-no. XD

I'd much rather use a mod that gives a 30-ish % boost while maintaining the ability to snipe weak points over large distances.

Very true. I was able to land headshots somewhat consistently by aiming slightly lower than usual, since the arrows tend to spread with one beneath the other and leave a gap in between where they'd usually be. This, of course, is not reliable, and that is indeed a problem.

Edited by Noble_Cactus