The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Is Dead! Long Live Frost!

JerryMouse13

The lord of the Frozen kingdom is dead!

A new ruler of biting cold, and ice steps forth!

What say ye denizens of the land!?

Ok so given all the forum drama revolving around Frost I thought I'd make this, in order to try and get a clearer picture of the overall opinion on Frost. To that effect I want to hold a vote on a number of different things concerning frost, and hopefully start discussion on things that are less clear cut.

I'll try to update the count when I have the time, and please make my life easier, and make it very clear what you're voting for if you decide to cast a vote.

1) In your opinion, which of Frost's skills is in the most need of a buff/rework/etc.?

Freeze: 4

Ice Wave: 0

Snow Globe: 0

Avalanche: 0

2) In light of the recent Snowglobe changes would you rather see Snow Globe remain as is and only receive number          tweaking to improve it's effectiveness, or would you rather it be removed in favor of a new mechanic?

Numerical balancing: 2

Mechanical overhaul: 2

3) Do you think that Frost needs a higher base energy pool?

Yes: 0

No: 4

Note: more questions will be added as I think of them, or someone else suggests something I think should be added.

Note: Reverting the change is not an option, we will operate under the assumption that Frost will never go back to the            way he was. 

Edited by JerryMouse13

1- Freeze

As a power, the utility is rather lacking and uninteresting to use. Most Warframes have a #1 power which is fun to use: Mag's Pull comes to mind, among others as Slash Dash, Decoy, Rip-Line and Venom, which I rather like. 

Frost is one of those frames where his #1 is nigh-useless, even amongst those whose #1 power is weak *CoughAshCough*. It really shouldn't be a standard. 

2- Mechanism overhaul

Utility always has been the more interesting parts of a power: Accelerant causes stun and allows you to focus on fire damage; Radial Disarm combined with Decoy makes for some golden team-work moments; Vauban and Bounce. Snow Globe could use better mechanisms, both to make him viable and more importantly, make him fun to play with. 

3- No

It's actually alright at the moment. With Flow and Efficiency, I dare say that most frames don't need an energy boost. Besides, his other powers are currently so boring it would be hard to find a use for additional energy.

Edited by Calayne

1 - tie between freeze (should be aoe cone) and wave (should do knockback to enemies hit)

2 - mechanic change = snow globe provides dmg reduction within, but does NOT block projectiles anymore

3 - no (too tanky, would have to be weakened to get more energy, and i think that's a bad shift)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Freeze.

Numerical Balancing.

Nope, the energy is fine as is. Snow Globe is already cheaper than it "should" be as a #3 ability, and with Streamline you can cast Snow Globe 4 times on 150 energy.

Edited by TorrentHKU