Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12 Weapons, A Great Loadout

R34LM

I have tried out most of the new weapons from Update 12, namely the Phage, Akstilettos and the Jat Kittag. I have got to say that the Devs really hit the mark with this one. I love the Phage, I love the Aks and the Jat is just fun and over the top (I mean, c'mon, it's a jet powered hammer). What's even better about these weapons is how well they go together in a loadout, which is a great bonus.

The last few updates have given me only a couple notable weapons that I have taken with me, namely the Soma and Synapse. But the three weapons that I see in the Update 12 bundle are weapons that I am currently using and enjoying to use. I got Phage for large mobs, then I got the Aks as my assassin pistols for single targets and smaller groups, and the Jat.....well sometimes people just need a good smitten.

So thank you, DE, for not only giving us great weapons, but a great loadout.

The last few updates have given me only a couple notable weapons that I have taken with me, namely the Soma and Synapse. 

What makes them noteable to you?

What about Stug, Drakgoon, Cestra, Penta?

All very unique in looks and feel..

(and also much stronger, as you mentioned Soma+Synapse i assume you like Top DPS Weapons... maybe i dissapoint you if i tell you that all U12 Weapons have poor DPS only Dual Cestras have Top Tier DPS and they are very hard to handle then..)

What makes them noteable to you?

What about Stug, Drakgoon, Cestra, Penta?

All very unique in looks and feel..

(and also much stronger, as you mentioned Soma+Synapse i assume you like Top DPS Weapons... maybe i dissapoint you if i tell you that all U12 Weapons have poor DPS only Dual Cestras have Top Tier DPS and they are very hard to handle then..)

You bring about a good question. You aren't too far from saying that I like top DPS weapons. My style of play is an "up in your face" style (rarely using physical cover), so Loki Invis and Rhino Iron Skin are things I use a lot. Stug and Penta are really nice, but it doesn't work well if I manage to be dumb enough to get myself in the blast radius, and I am not a good planner on the fly to properly land good shots. I tried the Drakgoon, but I dropped it for the same reason I did bows; I just don't like the tedium of having to charge it to get the best result. Now yes, the Phage has the same "charge" feature, but I can keep it charged for the entire time I hold the fire button down, instead of having to charge for every shot of damage, if that makes sense. Plus, I love the ammo efficiency, so I can keep holding the fire down for a long time.

I'm not a guy that likes to change loadouts, just the mods within each weapon.

You are right in saying that the DPS value is lower than Soma/Synapse. But, the Phage has a better efficiency, a larger range of elemental combos, and a noticably longer range than synapse, with the sacrifice of a little DPS (which I tested, and it is not too much for me). As for the Akstilettos, I like them for how they work (reload speed, accuracy, etc.), but moreso on how it compliments my Phage.

If you did not sell the Penta allready: Try to play it with Shred, works much better for "in your face", as the Grenades don´t bounce back at you but fly through the enemy that runs in your face ;)

Maybe you can enjoy that great weapon then :)

As for Drakgoon: Try it with Accelerated Blast + Shotgun Spazz, barly any charge up, its hard to even fire a non charged shot at all.

(and that thing is a Beast, if you did not sell it allready give it a try ;))