Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Proc Is Pretty Useless Late Game

Aktriaz

i m sorry i wasnt accurate enough. with "long ago" i mean the dmg2.0 formula.when dmg2.0 was introduced.

CurrentArmro(lvl) = base armor +base armor*0.1*(lvl- baseLvl)^1.4 with lvl >= baselvl

and dmgReduction(CurrentArmor)=(currentArmor*0.0035)/(currentArmor*0.0035+1) 

(I dont have a link) :/

meh btw. i haven't done high wave/ +1.5h survival for 1.5 or 2 month because it's simply boring.That's  why i m helping new players at the moment, answer some forum topics and waiting for end game. 

that formula is not correct last time i check. well thank u anyway

i checked this again. it overestimates the armor way too much. a level 25 trooper has 346.55 armor in game, but according to this formula, it's 1433.47.

Edited by Eric1738

i checked this again. it overestimates the armor way too much. a level 25 trooper has 346.55 armor in game, but according to this formula, it's 1433.47.

well, one thing i dont know is the base lvl of all enemies.( because I dont know how to data mine) so i assumed baselvl =0 btw. it s not relevant for high wave defense and survival.

but the part that must be correct is max dmgReduction <1 (100%). if it increases exponentilly, linear doesent matter. somewhere must be the max dmgReduction.

do you have some links to the newest formulas?

This is from wiki: = base Armor * (1 + (((current Level - base Level) ^ 2.5) / 400))

Damage = modded Damage / (1 + (Armor / 300))

Seems accurate when testing a level 23 grineer lancer, I do not trust wiki by default.

no no that one is not correct either

For what NPC, and what level?

As I said, it matched a level 23 elite grineer lance.

dont use elite lancer, because his base level is too high compared to 23 so u cant detect error. use trooper instead, his base level is 1. i used lanka for testing, because it's pure electric damage. without any mod or aura, lanka hits lvl 25 trooper body for 116 non-crit damage, that means trooper's armor is 346.55. use wiki's equation, hell, too much

Edited by Eric1738

This is from wiki: = base Armor * (1 + (((current Level - base Level) ^ 2.5) / 400))

Damage = modded Damage / (1 + (Armor / 300))

Seems accurate when testing a level 23 grineer lancer, I do not trust wiki by default.

the formula i used for total armor vs yours. you can adjust the range with changing x

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=plot+y%3D+%28500%2B500*0.1*x^1.4%29%2C+y%3D+%28500%2B500*x^2.5%29%2F400++x+%3D+0+...+100

Edited by Fraank-EGT-

[snip]

done with formulas from a sheet from someone of the DE staff.

e.g.

a lvl 600 bombard has ~ 400k armor   = dmg reduction of 99,90%

lvl 600 bombard with 25%armor reduction has ~ 300k armor = dmg reduction of 99.87%

[snip]

Level 600 bombard? wat

The game is not balanced for that. That's way beyond "end game". The highest level alerts are in the level 50 range. That's end game.

Level 600 bombard? wat

The game is not balanced for that. That's way beyond "end game". The highest level alerts are in the level 50 range. That's end game.

err, no. lvl 600 is a bit too extreme, but end game for now is at least lvl 80. lvl 50 alert is nothing

err, no. lvl 600 is a bit too extreme, but end game for now is at least lvl 80. lvl 50 alert is nothing

You can only get to level 80 by staying some 40+ waves in endless defense. The game is not meant to be balanced for that. The highest level enemies that can be found outside of an endless defense or endless survival is a level 50 alert.

Edited by Mastikator2

You can only get to level 80 by staying some 40+ waves in endless defense. The game is not meant to be balanced for that. The highest level enemies that can be found outside of an endless defense or endless survival is a level 50 alert.

well that is right. afterall, i am not complaining the balance

Edited by Eric1738

Neither his or wiki's formula work for NPC armor. The only part that does seem accurate is the wiki damage mitigation formal.

Damage*(1/(1+(armor/300))) or damage * (300/(armor+300))

The formal can work for a trooper level 25 if it is changed to =(150+150*0.01*(25-1)^1.55)

I am not sure if this formal of current armor is correct or not: Final armor = armor + armor *.01*(Current level - base level)^1.55

It would take tests on heavy gunners of various levels to test, and I am not sure how I would test that easily.

Back in damage 1.0 the armor formal based off data minded info was: (( Current Level - Base level )^1.4)*.01*armor+armor

It looks like it was just changed from ^1.4 to ^1.55, and the mitigation amount reduced from 100/(armor+100), to 300/(armor+300).

Edited by LazyKnight