Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melinoe, The Haunted + Tenno Burial Ground

Ghostar

So to start let me say, I don't fancy myself an artist. I've no confidence in my artistic ability, and if any of you out there on the forum who have the gift want to give my concept a go I would be VERY happy and gladly edit it into this post and give you credit, that said lets get the ball on the roll.

OEXbqjn.png

Melinoe, The Haunted

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE LOTUS

"This is Melinoe, The Haunted,"

"Melinoe was committed to the void, yet still felt honor bound to continue fighting."

"Melinoe's abilities take full advantage of her new energy form, which she uses to aid her fellow Tenno in the battlefield."

"Malfunction allows any machine to bend to her will. Automatically hacking terminals, opening lockers, and even surprising a her enemies with disturbing visuals."

"Ghost Hand lifts any target into the air propelling them forward, be it friend, foe, or even object."

"Intangibility, allows Melinoe to temporarily chill the air, and phase out of existence keeping her safe from all harm, as well as the enemies from her."

"Do you believe in life after death? After Life allows Melinoe to give her life to save any fallen ally, showing her true self as a  result."

"Melinoe's abilities offer great utility to the battlefield and can increase in usefulness with mods."

"Strength mods increase the force used with Ghost Hand as well as the chance for Malfunction to work.
While adding a ranged mod benefits most of her abilities such as the distance targets would be thrown, as well as distance targets can be revived with during After Life.
Finally, a duration mod will give Intangibility and her other worldly form more time."

"Thought Melinoe lost her life in the battle field, her resolve forces her to continue on."

"One ending is just another beginning."

Melinoe is a Ghost themed Utility Warframe that specializes in energy control. Having died and transcending to a new form of existence, her body is actually made of energy with her warframe being the small structures wrapped around it keeping her anchored to our existence. Her stats show she is very unstable causing her to have very little Health even at Rank 30, to make up for this her shields are very high as is her energy pool. This is a frame I have been working on for a while now (back before even Nekros) but because of Nekro's representation of death and such it made it a touch hard to think of ways that wouldn't overlap with him. I ended up going another rout, rather then glorify death, I had her more along the lines of Transcendence, her death resulting in her becoming a new higher form.

The Devs mentioned in a recent stream that they were working on clothing so I thought a warframe who would focus mostly on such would be interesting. The actual armor covering her body is very minimal (hints low armor stat) and is mostly used to keep her anchored to the universe and for her to channel her powers through. One thing I really wanted to put in is that over her face are two hanging bits of her armor used to keep her head in place (much like the rest of her body) under her hood, but I really wanted to have it look like two long strands of hair covering her as seen in a lot of Asian horror, it seemed fitting for the warframe universe. But I've yammered on enough already, here are the parts you are all interested in.

The Stats: (Un-ranked)

50 HEALTH

250 SHIELDS

150 ENERGY

10 ARMOR

100 STAMINA

1.10 SPEED

AURA: "-"

Polarities: "-" and "D"

ABILITIES

"Malfunction"
ENERGY COST: 25E
"30% chance to auto hack a console, or unlock a locked locker. If used on enemy it causes Confusion."
[unlocks things playing the same animation as Master Thief]

[Makes for a useful frame to keep around when farming]

Notes: Ghosts are well known for messing with electronics, this one seemed like a no brainer, a simple ability people would actually want to waste energy on.

"GHOST HAND"

ENERGY COST: 50E
"Pulls target to frame, levitates target (allowing 2 seconds to aim) and propels it forward."
[Hitting the wall or hitting an enemy will causes impact damage]
[Hitting an enemy with, or against an explosive barrel deals Blast Damage.]
[Hitting an enemy with, or against a normal container deals Slash Damage.]
[Ragdolls enemys upon contact.]
[Can be used to Propel Tenno.]
[Cannot be used on Grounded targets such as turrets or cameras.]
[Cannot be used on Bosses.]

COMBOS: Countless, throwing an enemy into a tornado, into a vortex, into Absorb adding to the damage and getting them within hitting range, Sending a sniper frame to a high ledge and out of harms way, literally tons.

Notes: Another common ability of Ghosts is to move objects, sometimes violently. I really wanted her to have at least one "Attack" ability but still wanted it to have a utility use, so I sorta went with the opposite of Valks whip. This is also my favorite ability of hers and one I really hope to see in game. It also gives use to those exploding barrels which just tend to sit there ignored.

"Intangibility"
ENERGY COST: 75E
"Become energy, cannot attack or interact with objects. Take no damage from Impact, puncture, or slash damage."
[Causes COLD slowdown when walking through enemys. Auto Drops Datamass when using ability.]
[Can walk through Doors affected by LOCKDOWN.]
[Enemys will not be able to locate you. (Bosses Excluded)]
[Reduces shields to zero while in this state]
[Cannot move frame when casting.]

[Cannot be cast while under the influence of her Final ability]

COMBO: Vaubans Teslas will still stay attached while affected by this.

Notes: Obvious ghost reference is obvious, the ability to become transparent, unable to be touched, causing cold temperatures, but I didn't want to give her straight up invincibility because we already have a few frames that do that, so with this skill shes "immune to physical damage" so to speak, she still is very weak to poison. I also wanted her to be unable to actually harm anything while in this state or interact, seemed like a good balance.

"After Life"
ENERGY COST: 100E
"Reduces HP to Zero, Revives all downed Allys around. You are only alive as long as you have shields, if shields hit zero frame goes into bleeding state."
[if time runs out on ability, HP returns to what it was prior to casing ability]
[immune to status effects in this state.]
[invincibility while casting.]
[Cannot be revived unless ability time runs out.]

Notes: I wanted her ultimate to have a double use, obviously she can revive team mates in a pinch, but going into a pure energy form also gives her immunity to status procs making her immune temporarily to her biggest weakness, poison. There is also the usefulness of shields recharging, meaning players may actually be inclined to use a recharge rate mod on it. The ghost reference here is a prime example of what I tried to make her represent, that being her changing into an entirely energy form. (Many times ghosts are shown as such.)

OVERALL:
Melinoe is a Support frame based on Utility, and would be one you bring with you on log missions where you may get downed, her ulti will protect her very well when shes Rank 30 and has monster shields when combined with a Redirection mod. My basically idea was to have her as a frame people would say "Ohey, one of those! Woot!" Just something that would be nice to have around.

TRIVIA:

-Melinoe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinoe (The more you know!)

-I wanted her clothing to be ornate, not something to really be used in battle to show that it was something she was buried in.

-I'm not a very good artist so I cant accurately portray it, but her size would be similar to Mag.

-Her abilities controlling energy follow a common theory that Ghosts are nothing but energy in nature.

-Her abilities involving machines also give reference to phrase "Ghost in the machine"

-When coloring her, if you change her energy color her actual body will change to match it. The other 4 slots changing Armor Color, Armor Detail, Clothing Color, Clothing Detail.

HOW DO I ACQUIRE THIS?

So if you have gotten this far you must be asking yourself, where do I get such a frame? Well with the recent events on Earth, the jungles proving to be too much for the Grineer. Tenno have found it to be of great use to them, before there was not much they could do to honor their dead because of Corpus trying to take them, but on earth they found a solution. After a little R&D with the Orokin Vaults, the Tenno now have created Burial Grounds hidden away in the plant life of Earth where no Grineer or Corpus could venture.

Tenno Burial Ground

The Burial Grounds are the resting place of fallen Tenno, they are made from reverse engineered Orokin Vaults and must be opened with the proper Dragon Key. (Giving them a use outside of the vaults!) Should a Tenno enter the burial ground they will find it filled with traps able to take on most Grineer or Corpus that managed to break in. However, Tenno wish to fight even in death and offer a prize to anyone who can complete a parkor challenge that lies at the end, the catch is that you must get there within the time limit or the tomb is sealed forever. At the end of the tomb you will find a Cryopod with blacked out glass acting as a casket for the fallen Tenno, and in the room there will be many canister to break for loot, as well as a blueprint for a "Tenno Weapon" or the blueprint for the Melinoe Frame.

(Note Tenno Weapons include any item that is made by the Tenno so things like the Glaive or Akstiletto would count)

Traps in the burial ground include:

Reverse Engineer Orokin lasers

Water pitfalls from plant life growing into the chamber

(possibly a turret reverse engineer from the ones in the void)

Notes: I liked the idea of using Earth for this because it makes sense in the long run on how they would bury their dead without allowing the Corpus or Grineer to get them. I also wanted Dragon Keys to have another use outside of just Vaults and considering Tenno often tinker with Orokin tech it made the most logical sense.

I hope you all enjoy the idea, and I hope DE sees this and gets some inspiration from it! (Especially Ghost Hand, I want to be able to throw a Tenno or Explosive barrel!)

Any feed back is much appreciated, I'm still tweaking her stats and design so I can really use the help. I do plan to update this. :)

This is pretty cool.

I actually really like the visual appearance, though all that cloth-like stuff in her design would be a first for a Warframe.

Well if I remember right, the Devs said they were working on cloths physics in the last stream, so it would be a good test I think. c: