Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Dynamic Reserve Ammo Pools

Genoscythe

Hello,

So, I finished my akstiletto some time ago, and it has the same problem as every fast-firing secondary: you run out of ammo very quickly. The problem: The static reserve ammo pool that gives you the same reserve ammo for every weapon, which is quite lame. 210 reserve ammo for twin vipers is just not enough, even with ammo mutation.

While you can fire for hours with brakk, bronco, or tysis, other weapons eat up all your ammo in less than a minute while dealing actually lower damage than some ammo-eficient ones.

The same goes for secondaries, why does penta have a more than 500 reserve ammo while other weapons have not enough ammo to sustain in a survival?

To solve this, I would say give each weapon a different reserve ammo count, and make ammo pickups restore a percentage of this count instead of giving us a fixed number.

You know what funny - alot of different persons (including me) started that same exact topic multyple times in the past. With exact bloody same solution as you say.

It was never adressed. Yet I dont see this as a major "coding problem" for it to take such a long time to implement.

Seems like DE just wants us to disregard machine-pistols and farm for DETRON!.

Edited by derclaw

The Penta is a primary. Also it along with the torrid, ogris, and hopefully the miter(soon) are launchers and were meant to be über efficient. But the grakata got a increased reserve ammo capacity (630 I think). Hopefully DE will change this soon. Yes there are mods but even with 399 reserve ammo the vipers still run out very quickly.

You know what funny - alot of different persons (including me) started that same exact topic multyple times in the past. With exact bloody same solution as you say.

It was never adressed. Yet I dont see this as a major "coding problem" for it to take such a long time to implement.

Seems like DE just wants us to disregard machine-pistols and farm for DETRON!.

Its IS funny, because this problem consists since I play already. I mean, machine pistols could become viable, wouldnt that be cool?

The Penta is a primary. Also it along with the torrid, ogris, and hopefully the miter(soon) are launchers and were meant to be über efficient. But the grakata got a increased reserve ammo capacity (630 I think). Hopefully DE will change this soon. Yes there are mods but even with 399 reserve ammo the vipers still run out very quickly.

They have actually changed the Miter to use Sniper ammo.

While this is a problem in some cases, the real problem needs to be addressed here.

Many people have complained about ammo pools for different weapons, as all weapons seem to magically fit every single round designed for that generic weapon type.

For instance, a Latron round is completely identical to an Ogris rocket, a Supra energy bolt, or a braton's thumbtack.

In order to entirely solve this, different weapons need to have  their own dedicated ammo pool.

Now, before you go yelling to me about how this would be completely redundant, unfair, and stupid, Consider bringing a Dera to an infested map. Where's the ammo coming from?? I guess once you run out, you'll have to pull the ammo out of an ancient's crack to keep going!

So why not buff/nerf ammo, if ONLY in one specific game mode?

For instance, Go to Mercury. Bring energy weapons. Chew through grineer, and also your entire ammo pool. Bring a Grakata, the standard issue Rifle for all Grineer lancers, and be rolling in ammo. This would make better gameplay rather than plowing through higher level enemies, who absorb bullets like sponges by punishing poor ammo efficiency sacrificed for raw damage.

I would agree, but I also feel that also some people forget the purpose of a secondary weapon, as exactly that - a secondary weapon.

A sidearm is there incase there's a moment where it's just faster to switch to a pistol than it is to reload. While this is not true in instances since in Warframe it sometimes takes longer to switch weapons than it does to reload, but with use of the corrupt magazine mod, this puts your secondary to more use.

Either way, in instances where you're out of ammo of your primary, your secondary is there to help pick up the slack a bit while you scavenge for Primary ammo.

While yes, a bit more ammo would be wonderful with the full-auto secondaries, they're only there if you ran out of ammo in a mag and takes time to reload or out completely that very second.

Use mods that increase your ammo pool - via directly or indirectly (Trick Mag/Pistol Ammo Mutation). It may not be much, but it's better than nothing.

Edited by BladeMaverick

I would agree, but I also feel that also some people forget the purpose of a secondary weapon, as exactly that - a secondary weapon.

A sidearm is there incase there's a moment where it's just faster to switch to a pistol than it is to reload. While this is not true in instances since in Warframe it sometimes takes longer to switch weapons than it does to reload, but with use of the corrupt magazine mod, this puts your secondary to more use.

Either way, in instances where you're out of ammo of your primary, your secondary is there to help pick up the slack a bit while you scavenge for Primary ammo.

While yes, a bit more ammo would be wonderful with the full-auto secondaries, they're only there if you ran out of ammo in a mag and takes time to reload or out completely that very second.

Use mods that increase your ammo pool - via directly or indirectly (Trick Mag/Pistol Ammo Mutation). It may not be much, but it's better than nothing.

This is somewhat incorrect for Warframe (dependent on build obviously), as most of the secondaries actually have much, much better damage than their primary weapon counterparts. On the other hand, they're also often far less accurate.

But regardless, the lower ammo efficiency secondaries tend to act as extremely high burst damage weapons, used to take out stuff like heavies or other individually strong targets. At-least, this is what the machine pistols tend to act like. The other secondaries tend to be quite powerful in their own sense, but then, the ammo pool of 210 is more suited to semi-automatic models anyway.

However, an increase on the ammo pool might be worth having for some of the handguns, but definitely not all of them.

@Natesky9

Biggest issue with your suggestion is that it would screw over new players completely.

They get to Venus and suddenly they are just always out of ammo constantly with no way to really replenish it because they cant get a laser weapon.

And infested survival/defense would just be made annoying because of the lack of ammo drops.

Please think of new players before suggesting an idea like that.

Please think of new players before suggesting an idea like that.

This wouldn't be "Early game" content. This would be nightmare mode V2, for the more experienced players to actually have a challenge. Better rewards, harder enemies. Because we all know that bringing a fully modded Soma to Apollodorus is Overkill.

This would be the "Big Kid's" playground, where everything doesn't die from a shot to the foot. It might not appeal to some people, but others grow a little bored of blowing everything to bits for an hour straight, then suddenly (insert bulletsponge army)

All this does, is add another level of difficulty to the game. because while making separate ammo pools will help, that doesn't help the fact that enemies are hauling an entire armory in their pants.

Hello,

So, I finished my akstiletto some time ago, and it has the same problem as every fast-firing secondary: you run out of ammo very quickly. The problem: The static reserve ammo pool that gives you the same reserve ammo for every weapon, which is quite lame. 210 reserve ammo for twin vipers is just not enough, even with ammo mutation.

While you can fire for hours with brakk, bronco, or tysis, other weapons eat up all your ammo in less than a minute while dealing actually lower damage than some ammo-eficient ones.

The same goes for secondaries, why does penta have a more than 500 reserve ammo while other weapons have not enough ammo to sustain in a survival?

To solve this, I would say give each weapon a different reserve ammo count, and make ammo pickups restore a percentage of this count instead of giving us a fixed number.

Ive brought this up several times in the past.  Each weapon needs to have its own ammo max and like you said, drop pickups replenish a %.  Bravo to agreement.

Edited by Toztman