The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lieutenant Lech Kril

WingsOfGryphin

How is beauty queen tyl regor not a boss?

Get a Soma, or any very high damage weapon, left click, extract. It's not a boss because he is purely WEAK, he gets wrecked in half a second, unlike bosses like Vor, Ruk, Krill that require to say quite a long time and to shoot right (well not for Vor, but still, you can't OS him).

We'll see how it goes with the upcoming Vay Hek

He's super easy. I've seen players wear him out in the first stage (I've almost done it a few times). I've soloed him with a bolto, kunai, and Heat dagger.

Flame dagger and poison/any hp dmg destroy this guy. He is one of the easiest bosses in the game.Bet he's broken if you get a poison proc dmg paris (prime) crit on a headshot. But that's me thinking the poison dmg proc would crit and go straight to his life.

Get a Soma, or any very high damage weapon, left click, extract. It's not a boss because he is purely WEAK, he gets wrecked in half a second, unlike bosses like Vor, Ruk, Krill that require to say quite a long time and to shoot right (well not for Vor, but still, you can't OS him).

We'll see how it goes with the upcoming Vay Hek

Is it only me who thinks that if a boss "must have a ton of hp/some form of invulnerability" something is not exactly right with it? Bosses can be bosses for their high hp or their limited invulnerability but when every single boss is just about these, something is seriously wrong.

Yes, it can be a boss without such, Tyl Regor (as brought up) mostly suffers from the simple fact that the AI doesn't react to being hit. If he would move/dodged when shot or when aimed at for a longer time (like 0.3s), would notice projectiles shot at him (like Ogris's missile) things would be gravely different. Enemies reacting like this would look legit - instead of the current mindless meatbags, either rushing you or randomly stopping in the middle of the fight to look for cover, exposing their backs to you, etc.

Actually enemies seem to greatly lack the ability to sidestep - they always turn. That's no good.

The Zanuka seems like a better "direction" in that matter, I also like the Stalker when he goes crazy and teleports left-and-right all over the place (even if he is harder this way and I might die). I enjoy challenges instead of patience-games where it all comes down to who can hold out longer - with players having a brain and the ability to find cover, it's kinda easy to guess the result so these are not much of a bossfight.

Sgt.Nef Anyo is frequently mentioned as a very weak boss. Make him a tad visible, just slightly, and remove the icon when he is invisible. That alone might elevate his effectiveness a bit. On the other hand I believe he could be one of the most badas* bosses if his AI would be a tad better and more normal enemies would appear around him. He is a sniper, obviously his best tactic is to pick off enemies from afar/hiding. Locating him with the mission indicator being active isn't much of a hardship.

It all comes down to AI. Though programming a good AI is hard but programming a slightly better AI isn't, especially if only for bosses, with their own arena's in place. I know that using randomly starting "scripted" moves dependant on the arena is the easy way out - but anything is better than all bosses being essentially the same - damage soakers.

Edited by K_Shiro

Is it only me who thinks that if a boss "must have a ton of hp/some form of invulnerability" something is not exactly right with it? Bosses can be bosses for their high hp or their limited invulnerability but when every single boss is just about these, something is seriously wrong.

Yes, it can be a boss without such, Tyl Regor (as brought up) mostly suffers from the simple fact that the AI doesn't react to being hit. If he would move/dodged when shot or when aimed at for a longer time (like 0.3s), would notice projectiles shot at him (like Ogris's missile) things would be gravely different. Enemies reacting like this would look legit - instead of the current mindless meatbags, either rushing you or randomly stopping in the middle of the fight to look for cover, exposing their backs to you, etc.

Actually enemies seem to greatly lack the ability to sidestep - they always turn. That's no good.

The Zanuka seems like a better "direction" in that matter, I also like the Stalker when he goes crazy and teleports left-and-right all over the place (even if he is harder this way and I might die). I enjoy challenges instead of patience-games where it all comes down to who can hold out longer - with players having a brain and the ability to find cover, it's kinda easy to guess the result so these are not much of a bossfight.

Sgt.Nef Anyo is frequently mentioned as a very weak boss. Make him a tad visible, just slightly, and remove the icon when he is invisible. That alone might elevate his effectiveness a bit. On the other hand I believe he could be one of the most badas* bosses if his AI would be a tad better and more normal enemies would appear around him. He is a sniper, obviously his best tactic is to pick off enemies from afar/hiding. Locating him with the mission indicator being active isn't much of a hardship.

It all comes down to AI. Though programming a good AI is hard but programming a slightly better AI isn't, especially if only for bosses, with their own arena's in place. I know that using randomly starting "scripted" moves dependant on the arena is the easy way out - but anything is better than all bosses being essentially the same - damage soakers.

I agree 100%. Also in the Devstream 22 they mentioned a Nef Anyo rework, so hopefully he might get better A.I.

Also I believe bosses like Lech Kril and Tyl Regor also suffer from not having any real gap closers. Sure Tyl Regor has a Slash Dash, yet how often does he use it?

In all the fights I've had with him he uses it once every fight, and thats it. Majority of the time he just runs in a straight line right at you.

And Lech Kril is so slow that he'll never hit you with his hammer due to both his swing speed and run speed.

So i decided to check out this boss once more at Phobos... And yup he's still the most (holding back swearing) ... He still is the MOST HORRIBLE boss in this game. Fighting him is confusing, annoying, and pretty much doesn't matter what kind of dmg you bring with you... because you are fighting a random immortal object that will freeze himself from time to time so that you can poke him a little bit. 

A random rant passes by... i don't even need to farm him, i just tested him once more after so long time... I feel sorry for new guys that will have to face him. 

Vay Hek is the worst.... After his rework there will be a new one. Lech Kril doesnt need a rework, you just have to know how to fight him.