The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could The Akstiletto Get A Buff?

ShAd0wF1AmE

-snip-

I'm pretty sure they removed armor mitigation (from puncture and corrosive) at the first iteration of the elemental damage charts.

Among other things (like being very, very, very difficult to apprehend and totally not intuitive), it's what caused elemental damage types weak against armor do even less damage.

Remember when Frost abilities were hitting for 1 hit point in the void? That's why.

In detail, if elements strong against armor mitigated it (eg. puncture mitigating 50% of the armor), elements weak to it would multiply the amount of mitigation armor did (eg. Ice who had a 50% malus, twice the armor mitigation is applied) 

Instead, they flattened bonuses across the board (just plain simple damage modifiers) and reduced armor & armor scaling.

Unless they changed it again, I lost track after a while...

-Snipe-

First, the NPC armor formula posted on the wiki is just wrong. The formula is closer to: (current_level - base_level)^1.55 * 0.01 * base_armor + base_armor, with a second part that caps the mitigation values from going past a certain point. 

The mitigation amount is: damage*(300/(armor+300)), and that is about all the wiki has on NPC armor that is correct.

Test done on a trooper.

Corrosive lowers the base armor on during test on level 23 troopers (A trooper was chosen because they have a base level of 1 so if my math was off it would show up). The reduction applies to base armor (reduced by amount vulnerable) and it is a multiplier on damage done, but only for the corrosive component.

Example level 23 trooper: It takes 77 damage on the body from a dual ichor that has 56 corrosive, and the only way this is possible is if the base armor was reduced to 25% and the damage was increased by 75%.

Base Armor for a trooper would be 150 and its base level is 1 (its base armor is 150 and if it gets reduced by 75%, that would be 37.5 armor).

Armor for a level 23 trooper getting hit by corrosive elemental would 82.66.

(37.5+37.5*0.01*(23-1)^1.55)=82.66

Mitigation multiplier would be: 300/(82.66+300)=.783

The 56 corrosive damage is increased by 75% then multiplied against the armor mitigation multiplier.

56*1.75*.78=76.8

I have only tested radiation and corrosive because it is easy to test with pure damage weapons. If anyone else can find out the true formula and show that I am wrong, please do.

Remember when Frost abilities were hitting for 1 hit point in the void? That's why.

In detail, if elements strong against armor mitigated it (eg. puncture mitigating 50% of the armor), elements weak to it would multiply the amount of mitigation armor did (eg. Ice who had a 50% malus, twice the armor mitigation is applied) 

It is easy to test, even when using the wrong element on something armor is never increased. It is never a double dipped negative penalty like It was before, but it would be very nice if DE fixed the armor page on the wiki.

Edited by LazyKnight

You have to build guns for the enemies that are a real challenge. Run of the mill enemies can be killed fairly easily no matter what you mod as long as you are competent.

Corrosive works well on Akstiletto with Grineer because you can lower the armor on the Napalms and Bombards easily with the high status chance and do 75% extra to Heavy Gunners. Corrosive also is great against all Infested ancients except healers. Corrosive is also a great element for high end void.

Obviously when fighting Corpus you want magnetic damage to bust down shields.

Also someone above made a great point about base damage types on a weapon. It's true that in low ranks they matter, but once you are closing in on rank 30 (or sooner with polarized weapons) the base damage matters very little unless you didn't use any elemental mods.

Edited by Crewell

We already have a Tenno designed puncture SMG (Furis and Afuris), and we alredy have a Tenno designed puncture pistol (Bolto and Akbolto).

Having an impact SMG is good news for me.

The only thing I would buff is magazine size, and I don't really think it's important.

Ok, that's a good point and to be honest, I kind of forgot about those weapons. But they're market weapons. A weak impact focused machine pistol for market? Sure, sounds good. A weak impact focused machine pistol for clan tech? That's where my problem is. To me, the words "weak" and "clan tech" can not exist next to each other.