Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 , New Bow

Upex

Soo... I might buy that bow.. Is it good?

Aand.. How I join to other player "match" I always have to join myself and luckily ppl join me..?

Also.. Could ppl add me ? My name is Upex

Thanks !

I haven't collected the stuff to build mine yet, but from what I hear it's basically a sniper rifle that trades silence for being harder to aim. It's usefulness probably depends on how stealthy you plan to be. If you're not planning to be stealthy a sniper rifle is probably better.

My name is Upex

We know...

Edited by Hell-Hound

The bow is nice at long range. It works much like a sniper rifle. It sports nice damage, but the charge time on it makes it less effective at close range.

If you want to play with other people, you can set your status to 'Online' and look for missions already in progress. Active squads will be shown with a number next to the mission node. If you want to play with a specific person, you can invite them to your squad prior to starting a mission.

It's high damage, armor piercing, and completely silent. It is a projectile. Which means that you'll have to do the same thing you do in every game with a bow and aim your long range shots to account for drop. If you've played far cry 3 or the elder scrolls this shouldn't be a hard concept to figure out.

And charging your shots isn't as lengthy as some people might lead you to believe. The arrow doesn't leave the bow until you release the trigger, so you can compensate for the charge by loading another round the moment you let the previous one go. If you need to Undraw the bow it's as simple as mashing the melee attack and waiting until you swing to release the fire button.

All in all it's a solid weapon. Toonami gives this one an 9/10

Also at higher levels it becomes useless unless you stack good mods on it.

I also found this to be the case. Head shots become much more important, as well. However, an unmodded Paris will typically one-shot low level mobs, even with body shots.

Paris is beautiful. First of all, it has probably highest base damage of all weapons (save maybe some shotguns at point-blank). Second, it features natural puncture without any mods - arrows pierce targets and sometimes you can kill two people in one shot. Third, it has natural armor penetration as well, or better say armor ignor. Fourth, it is silent - even if you kill enemies right in front of other enemies, nothing happens (though it's funny).

Cons: it`s hard to aim and bad at fighting big packs, also you will need good mods on high levels.

Conclusion: I don`t see why not try it.

Edited by JigokuKamikaze

Paris Pros n Cons vs the Snipetron

+Silent

+Innate Armor Piercing base damage

+Quicker "reload"

+Pierces through enemies in a straight line (must be killing blow to pierce through)

+Burst damage oriented (stack elemental mods and/or crit mods for big hits)

+Reasonably quick one-tap shots

-Takes time to get used to aiming

-Charges almost required for good damage unless mods are super good

-Lesser damage (100 unmodded full charge vs 115 Snipetron shot)

-Leading shots is necessary but arrows still fly much faster than bolts

-Projectile drop

Pretty much this in a nutshell.

@Jigoku I'll have to correct you, Paris does NOT have the highest base damage, the Snipetron does with the weapon rebalancing and if you pin the body of something right the balls in front of something else they will notice.

Note: If you're aiming at something really up close and you're zoomed in you'll have to compensate for your model being slightly to your left or right and the arrow begins from the left/right. Don't shoot at something directly on your crosshair that is incredibly close or you'll miss.

Edit to include specifics for Snipetron vsParis:

+"Consistent" damage excluding reload times

+Easier to aim

+Greater zoom

+Higher base damage/in general assuming all the mods are similar

+Better than the Paris for really close enemies but it's still a med-long range weapon

-Pitiful reload speed but not as bad as it once was

-Chews through ammo because of the lack of Armor Piercing

Edited by WupwupTCR

Fourth, it is silent - even if you kill enemies right in front of other enemies, nothing happens (though it's funny).

This isn't always the case. I've seen Grineer troops go into alert status after seeing a comrade take an arrow to the brain cage. It doesn't seem to be completely consistent, though.

@Jigoku I'll have to correct you, Paris does NOT have the highest base damage, the Snipetron does with the weapon rebalancing and if you pin the body of something right the balls in front of something else they will notice.

Yes, forgot about it. So much for snipetron being my main weapon for a long time...

Okey

Thanks for all feedback (and fast feeback).

Can you tell me what secondary & Melee I should use if I buy this Paris bow...

Also are these mods good ?

They are Rare

-Avalanche

-Snow Globe

-Split Chamber

-Barrel diffusion

-Ravage

-Fury

-Continuity

Then I got some uncommon mods and common mods..

Also, I use Loki as my warframe

Okey

They are Rare

-Avalanche

-Snow Globe

-Split Chamber

-Barrel diffusion

-Ravage

-Fury

-Continuity

When you run with Paris, you might want a back up weapon that excel at close range. Lato, and Lato vandal are quite good sidearms for any weapon. Bronco is still viable and extremely potent at close range.

Melee weapon is another matter entirely. Use what you like, it really doesn't matter with Paris as long gun.

Those mods have description underneath them. Avalanche and Snow globe are Frost's skill. Barrel diffusion is miltishot for pistol. Fury boost melee attack speed (not charge attack speed). Continuity increase frame's power duration.

If you're going to ask about should you keep them or sell them. My short answer is no, don't sell them. Sell fusion core and excess blueprints that you don't need for money. Keep all the cards you can find and use their duplicates to cheaply upgrade them.

Okey

They are Rare

-Avalanche

-Snow Globe

-Split Chamber

-Barrel diffusion

-Ravage

-Fury

-Continuity

This is kind of off-topic but next time don't post a thread like this in the General Discussion. You're not talking about the bow itself and general likes/dislikes; you're only asking for questions that pertain to personal interest. That belongs in Players Helping Players even if what others read here might help them. And balls to you if your reasoning for posting in General Discussion was that it gets more views, please don't do that.

OT: (Ak)Boltos do well close range since with any mid-long range gun a close range option compliments that really well. Bronco is a little wonky to aim, firing from the hip takes a surprising amount of time to get used to and the recoil zoomed in is disorienting for some people. Lato's are decent but you could do with others, Kraken is an all-around excellent pistol for close-mid range.

Melee's it kind of boils down to what faction you're against and what does the most charge damage now, since we can't stack Melee mods the damage is going to really suffer. I recommend the Gram for Infested/Corpus or the Furax for Grineer/Corpus. If not the Furax, then the Fangs do decently well if you have crit mods buffed up. Don't let this stop you from choosing what you like though. I like the Fang's a lot so I use those even though the damage is nothing incredible.

Edited by WupwupTCR

This is kind of off-topic but next time don't post a thread like this in the General Discussion. You're not talking about the bow itself and general likes/dislikes; you're only asking for questions that pertain to personal interest. That belongs in Players Helping Players even if what others read here might help them. And balls to you if your reasoning for posting in General Discussion was that it gets more views, please don't do that.

OT: (Ak)Boltos do well close range since with any mid-long range gun a close range option compliments that really well. Bronco is a little wonky to aim, firing from the hip takes a surprising amount of time to get used to and the recoil zoomed in is disorienting for some people. Lato's are decent but you could do with others, Kraken is an all-around excellent pistol for close-mid range.

Melee's it kind of boils down to what faction you're against and what does the most charge damage now, since we can't stack Melee mods the damage is going to really suffer. I recommend the Gram for Infested/Corpus or the Furax for Grineer/Corpus. If not the Furax, then the Fangs do decently well if you have crit mods buffed up. Don't let this stop you from choosing what you like though. I like the Fang's a lot so I use those even though the damage is nothing incredible.

as you can see by my posts, I just came to here (forums) So I didnt even know where to post.

But thanks for this info also!

I ditched my Boltor for the Bow after buying the blueprint, I had so many materials needed to craft the bow I could craft it 10x over, now I'm strictly a bow user. Besides, in the days of the Samurai in Feudal Japan even when gunpowder and guns were created, it was said that dying by the sword or the arrow was an honorable death cause you were killed by someone who had better skill, whereas using a musket meant you were a coward and did not wish to partake in a battle of skill an blade. I take this concept with me to Warframe, Bow is my primary and my Scindo is my secondary. Using my Afuris is a rare thing for me, even at higher difficulty missions, Bow and Scindo will be all I use.

The Bow takes some skill to use at higher difficulty missions since most enemies won't die in one shot and if you come across heavies, Bow is pretty much useless you have good mods.

Edited by __Kanade__

The bow can be insane... I have had shots(In the critical areas) that I kid you not dealt over 1000 Damage. If I had to say anything I would say I got the bow mainly because it was bloody hilarious pinning people to each other lol. but if you wanted effectiveness and not for stealth either the Snipetron! is the way to go. 100% Accuracy while scoped and I have been able to deal nearly 3000 Damage with it on most enemies.