Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Caesio - Nuclear Strategic Trap Frame (Catalyst System)

LazerusKI

I always loved the concept of Traps, so i was happy to hear about Vauban when he was released.

Sadly, Vauban is more like a CC frame, throw and forget that your grenades exist.

So, i came up with the idea of a different Trapframe.

How? I would call it a "catalyst system" but i will explain it with his abilitys.

1) Catalyst [10E]

This ability is the core of his skillset, without it, all his abilitys become useless.

It has different actions, based on the target.

Cast it on the ground creates a persistent field

Cast it on enemies or Teammates creates a coat effect, like Novas M.Prime.

This skill does nothing else, its basically just a mark on the target.

For a base range i would say 3m

Rank 0: 1 Mark

Rank 1: 2 Marks

Rank 2: 3 Marks

Rank 3: 4 Marks

Only affected by Stretch (ground Targets) and Efficiency. (maybe focus -> 10% for a new mark)

The interesting part is: All his other abilitys target these marks ALSO Tennos who wear a mark of him, but with reduced effect.

Mobile Targets (Enemies, Tenno) with a Mark carry the Area Effect with them, his other abilitys will affect all targets around them, based on your stretch-level.

2) Old Idea:

2) Detonate [50E]

Damages all Targets inside the Marks or around the Marked Target with Blast and Radiation Damage (50% each).

Rank 0: 50 Damage

Rank 1: 100 Damage

Rank 2: 150 Damage

Rank 3: 200 Damage

Affected by Focus and Efficiency

2) New Idea: Mutation [50E]

Create a random debuff on enemies or a random buff on friends.

This can be everything, random status effects, freezing, burning etc, maybe even random ability effects.

Buffs could be the common damage buffs, regeneration etc.

Rank 0: 2.5 seconds

Rank 1: 5 seconds

Rank 2: 7.5 seconds

Rank 3: 10 seconds

3) Radiation Sickness [75E]

Creates a field of Radiation damage that slows down Targets and damages them

Slows Targets down by 20% and deals 15 damage per second.

Rank 0: 5 seconds (reduced damage, 10 base)

Rank 1: 5 seconds (increased damage, 15 base)

Rank 2: 7.5 seconds

Rank 3: 10 seconds

Affected by Focus, Efficiency, Duration

4) Meltdown

Deals Blast and Heat damage (50% each), knocks targets down and leaves a field of Radiation (not moving with mobile targets) that lasts 5 seconds

Rank 0: 250 Explosion, 15 field damage

Rank 1: 500 Explosion, 20 field damage

Rank 2: 750 Explosion, 25 field damage

Rank 3: 1000 Explosion, 30 field damage

Affected by: Focus, Efficiency, Duration

Funny thought:

Imagine his cooperative play with Nyx or Vauban - mark a few targets, pull them together with Vortex and activate 3 to stack the dps fields.

Mindcontroll a Melee target, Mark him, an blow him and all his former comrades into pieces with Meltdown.

His look could be something that looks like a Hazmat Suit, just more Tennorized.

Edited by LazerusKI

Traps and strategy..... Vauban.

thats how i know that you have not even read the first sentence.

Kind of just makes me think of Nova's Molecular Prime split up into different abilities...

maybe similar, but not exactly. its nearly impossible to create "unique effects". explosions? Nova. DoT? Saryn. Electricity? Volt.

Remember the discussion of Vaubans Tesla and how Volt became useless? Oberons Heal VS Trinitys Heal? Bastille VS Rhino Stomp?

The main focus of this concept is the mechanic of the skills

I think this frame would be a fun idea, yes there is vauban but this one is like vauban without the ability to troll bounce and think og it this way with this guy you can mark a loki/rhino then have then stealth/ironskin and charge into a group covered in vauban teslas and radiation aoe, ending results = epic , of course thats my opinion.

I think this frame would be a fun idea, yes there is vauban but this one is like vauban without the ability to troll bounce and think og it this way with this guy you can mark a loki/rhino then have then stealth/ironskin and charge into a group covered in vauban teslas and radiation aoe, ending results = epic , of course thats my opinion.

not even close.

As i said in the first sentence:

Vauban -> Throw and forget. Formad my Vauban i think 6 times, i think i should know how his skillset works^^

While this idea would be more strategic. mark small areas, lure enemies over them, detonate in a group etc etc

Edited by LazerusKI

I was just thinking of a possible combination using both the frames. I probably should have added a bit more detail, my thoughtt were along the lines that becasue the mark can go on the tenno that you could target not just say 2 enemies in a mob but also a tenno teammate in a situation where say they did have the vauban tesla orbs on them in combination with a pair of enemies then use that 4th ability to deal some heavy aoe. Considering the possibility that I may have the wrong idea on the frames playstyle, I am sorry if this is not the kind of method you were thinking of for that frames purpose I just thought that vauban and this frame would make a great engineer frame combo in a defensive mission and gave a unorthodox example. 

would work better if the frame had a mechanic to help lure enemies into mark zones, also could seriously use some utility.

other than that though he looks fun, if a little slow to play.

that what teamwork is for.

Decoy, Ironskinned Rhino, Vortex etc

not every frame needs utility, but thats just my opinion, the slowness-debuff is basically utility.

maybe i think about something different for Detonate, its too similar to Meltdown, so thanks for the idea.

EDIT: Just Changed 2) to be more like a utility.

I was just thinking of a possible combination using both the frames. I probably should have added a bit more detail, my thoughtt were along the lines that becasue the mark can go on the tenno that you could target not just say 2 enemies in a mob but also a tenno teammate in a situation where say they did have the vauban tesla orbs on them in combination with a pair of enemies then use that 4th ability to deal some heavy aoe. Considering the possibility that I may have the wrong idea on the frames playstyle, I am sorry if this is not the kind of method you were thinking of for that frames purpose I just thought that vauban and this frame would make a great engineer frame combo in a defensive mission and gave a unorthodox example. 

vaubans tesla is basically useless. it can be fun, but his real power is crowd controll. some prefer bastille, i prefer vortex.

max efficiency + max duration turns vortex into one of the best abilitys ingame. combined with penta, ogris or nova its just mass destruction.

the difference between a teslad Tenno and a marked tenno is

the interesting part is: All his other abilitys target these marks ALSO Tennos who wear a mark of him, but with reduced effect.

you would hurt your teammate. just a little, but you would. so better not stick it on a squishy frame.

also tesla is basically a sentinel when you stick it on a frame, its completely AI-Controlled.

the marking mechanic would be similar to a sticking tesla, thats true, but you would have more controll over these marks. tesla fires at everything in range, while a mark waits for you to choose its purpose, debuff, light damage or just a massive nuke? you choose when and where you want it, you basically manipulate the battlefield.

The combination with vauban would indeed be very usefull. Vauban is in fact one of the most friendly frames in teamplay, just because of his massive crowd controll.

Edited by LazerusKI