Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Difficulty Level Too Inconsistent?

DeadD59

I've been attacked by the Stalker today, twice to be exact.

I was fighting with a team with pretty high level (7-8 etc.)

Stalker was too easy to kill by myself.

Cuz when it's going good, it's going great.

How I felt when I killed him:

bd87x.gif

Jump to about an hour later, jumped into a game with like Noobs and like, beginners.

Kills my team and I in about a minute, I S#&$ you not.

Wanna know how I feel?:

hDKh3jL.gif

Because you aren't the one doing the work?

Maybe low-level team mate not contributing much?

Maybe level of enemies vary with every missions and that affects Stalker too?

Maybe there were a bunch of Napalms in the vicinity?

(Still be happy that your team-mates decided to help you with Stalker despite their current situation, I asked for help when Stalker came after me and no one showed up and were all waiting at the Extraction and then got disappointed when I lost)

Edited by ChaliceSoul

Ha, nice Gifs. And yeah, I think you are right about it. I only got lucky to kill my Stalker and my first time too. It was because some guy knew what to do and he was stuck shooting his Dread while I was luckily prepared with mods made to kill Corpus (Which is Magnetic and Toxic) And he wasn't alive for even a second. But most of the time, I just die because I wasn't in a good situation to tackle him alone or with the right people.

My first thought was the same as chalice, op did not do most of the damage when stalker was killed first time round, second time round when he had to carry his own weight he got spanked.

Anyway, Stalker's level is not consistent, his level is determined by his target's maximum weapon rank, or the planet's minimum level +15, whichever is greater.

He's a gear check.  There's no real skill involved in the fight.  He could easily be made skill-based by making his attacks telegraphed; being able to parry him more effectively than normal, giving him only one charged shot from his Dread, making his Despair travel slower so you can actually dodge them, and so on.

Melee 2.0 could make him a far more interesting combatant in melee, but I doubt it.