Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound Issue/bug (?)

Saint_Tan

Gaming Night - launch game, works great. Then it gets late (like midnight or later) and I need to put on the headphones to prevent the wrath of family and neighbors.

When I plug in said headphones into my sound card - all game sounds take a total crap and I get nothing but dead silence in game.  There is an in game pop up that comes up indicating that I will need to exit and restart the game to get the sound back.

But why?  Any other game/program allows me/us to switch between speakers and headphones flawlessly.  So why not my favorite game?

Please help!

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z PCIE

Asus Z 87 Plus Motherboard (on board sound disabled/not selected)

Falcon North West Talon Machine

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z 11

I get the issue, and I have to deal with this as well and hope it gets fixed, but you'll just have to deal with it for now.

If anything, you can try and give Virtual Audio Cable(VAC) a try: http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

It pretty much allows you to setup a virtual wave in and wave out to different audio devices linking them together.

However the free version has a sound playing in the background every 30 seconds you have it on, so it's pretty annoying. I use VAC personally for video recording and splitting my audio sources up more easily for editing.

If I were you, I would just deal with it for the time being. Exiting and relaunching the game doesn't take more than a minute of your time.

Thanks, we will look into it.

If you would like to take my view on this, it seems that Warframe isn't defaulting to a new audio source for audio out, even though Windows has. So plugging in a pair of headphones in the front audio jack will be defaulted automatically by Windows in the Realtek drivers, but Warframe will see that the original audio source is no longer default and will not bother to look for the new default.

If you could incorporate something like Teamspeak where you can apply any audio source as default, I would personally love it.

Ex: http://i.imgur.com/PxGJZjA.png

Thanks for looking into the situation!