The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Periodical Freezing Followed By Disconnections. Has Been Happening A Long Time, Decided To Finally Inquire About It For Help.

Volkovyi

Hello.

I have been experiencing a steady freeze/stuttering randomly throughout game play ever since U8. What happens is always the same: anywhere in-game be it in a mission, or on the menu, arsenal, at the end of a mission or the very start, my game will freeze completely for a few seconds, about 2 - 6 seconds. Afterwards one of two things happen, If I am the host of a session all my teammates disconnect or if I am a client I disconnect and experience host migration (that fails 90% of the time.) This also happens while in lobby. Other times the game continues normally after the freeze, and even happens when I am playing solo.

It happens so often and consistently that my clan-mates are impartial to letting me play longer missions with them such as defense or survival. The game itself never crashes after a freeze, it causes no real damage aside from some frustration to my teammates and I. I can honestly not discern whether it is my computer or the game.

I have always ignored this issue believing that it may be my weak internet, or computer, but then again it would not hurt to ask for some help from players who may be more technically savvy in making some optimizing computer tweaks.

If someone can help me, or need me to post some of my computer specs, I am open to suggestions. The only thing I tried so far is to tweak the Pink limit in Warframe from lowest, to unlimited, and back again, and that has not helped the problem whatsoever.

Please post system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM would be sufficient..more would be ideal)

Idea on what you paying for you internet (example of like 15Mb download with 5Mb upload or whatever)

Also have you portforwarded warframe ?

From there i can formulate some questions to try and help.

In any case a good place to start is to insure all drivers are up to date;

Can you please try using SlimDrivers to do a full update for everything on your computer.

I would first recommend making a restore point in case one of the updates causes additional problems with your computer. Below you can find manuals on how to proceed with your windows version.

For Windows 7:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-create-a-system-restore-point-in-windows-7.html

For Windows 8:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-create-a-restore-point-for-windows-8.html

For Windows XP:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-set-a-system-restore-point-in-windows-xp.navId-323028.html

The SlimDriver utility can be downloaded here:
http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html

You would be surprised what can be out of date, i downloaded my USB drivers from the ASUS website. It apparently didnt stick however, slim driver corrected it.

Please post system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM would be sufficient..more would be ideal)

Idea on what you paying for you internet (example of like 15Mb download with 5Mb upload or whatever)

Also have you portforwarded warframe ?

From there i can formulate some questions to try and help.

I should have AMD 64 CPU, GPA Evga 470, and 4GB RAM. Our OS is a 32bit Windows XP, with a cable net 10MBs.

We have not portforwarded Warframe, I really do not know anything about portforwarding and did not know it was an option with this game. Thank for helping me nonetheless.

I should have AMD 64 CPU, GPA Evga 470, and 4GB RAM. Our OS is a 32bit Windows XP, with a cable net 10MBs.

We have not portforwarded Warframe, I really do not know anything about portforwarding and did not know it was an option with this game. Thank for helping me nonetheless.

Port forwarding should not be necessary. A service called UPnP typically takes care of this configuration between your computer and your router, and seems to be doing so in your case (or you'd be getting error messages about Strict NAT).

It's apparent you've upgraded the GPU since the PC was originally built/purchased, so I'm curious exactly what model CPU you have. Windows XP hasn't been a standard install for a very long time now, and your older CPU may be struggling to feed your GPU, especially if it's only a single-core. Find your specific CPU model using a program like Speccy. It might be useful to screenshot the summary of your system Speccy provides and post it for reference.

Network disconnects don't behave as you describe. If your network connection is lost, you're still able to move around in the game, you just typically see enemies and allies frozen in place for a few seconds, and then host migration occurs. My suspicion is that the CPU is temporarily causing the game client to hang, or the GPU is suffering inadequate power supply, leading to similar behavior. In addition to the Speccy information requested above, please open the side panel of the PC case and find the power supply unit label with the maximum wattage rating, and provide that as well.

Port forwarding should not be necessary. A service called UPnP typically takes care of this configuration between your computer and your router, and seems to be doing so in your case (or you'd be getting error messages about Strict NAT).

It's apparent you've upgraded the GPU since the PC was originally built/purchased, so I'm curious exactly what model CPU you have. Windows XP hasn't been a standard install for a very long time now, and your older CPU may be struggling to feed your GPU, especially if it's only a single-core. Find your specific CPU model using a program like Speccy. It might be useful to screenshot the summary of your system Speccy provides and post it for reference.

Network disconnects don't behave as you describe. If your network connection is lost, you're still able to move around in the game, you just typically see enemies and allies frozen in place for a few seconds, and then host migration occurs. My suspicion is that the CPU is temporarily causing the game client to hang, or the GPU is suffering inadequate power supply, leading to similar behavior. In addition to the Speccy information requested above, please open the side panel of the PC case and find the power supply unit label with the maximum wattage rating, and provide that as well.

I've been experiencing this kind of problem too, and I've several post regarding this issue. This issue has no connection whether you are strict or open nat neither low or high-end specs. I know, because I've been into this. 

I've been experiencing this kind of problem too, and I've several post regarding this issue. This issue has no connection whether you are strict or open nat neither low or high-end specs. I know, because I've been into this. 

That's what I said. Essentially, port forwarding is not required because Volkovyi's problem isn't network-related, even though it does induce disconnections.

Yea, this 10 second hang problem is driving me crazy. I keep my machine well up to date, and the fact that my particular machine can run Warframe at playable framerates most of the time is evidence of how I maintain my machines.

I have fully updated drivers, no excessive handle usage/CPU usage/paged pool usage/page faults from other programs. And I even run warframe at above normal priority (because you're high if you run it at high.)

My hard drive is constantly being defragged in the backround by Diskeeper(at belownormal priority), and i run verify/defrag cache files regularly in the launcher.

When I first started playing warframe, there were much fewer hangs it seems; and was never disconnected from a game. The only time I ever DO get disconnected, is when the game has one of its 10 second hangs, and it drops me because the host times me out. That, along with the fact that the game doesn't let you rejoin when disconnected, or if the objective has been completed(even if it's you that captured the targets or whatever.)

But by reading EE.log... I see a few sound buffer underruns that might coincide with the hangs, including just before I get timedout and dropped. Not sure if it's related, but I guess I'll note it.

4311.177 Snd [Error]: Buffer underrun streaming /Lotus/Sounds/Ambience/Orokin/Interior/OroBellRandomAVarC.wav (0 active streams)
Edited by KrazyKrl

• 1 month later...