Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Cestra Logic

Brimir

A single Cestra does not require any form of Research before it can be crafted.

Dual Cestra takes 72 whooping hours to Research.

This means that your Clan has to spend three entire days just to research the ability to pick up a second Cestra.

I picture the Tenno "scientists" trying to hold the second Cestra with their feet, in their mouth or even balancing it on their head before finally figuring out that the ideal solution is to simply wield it in your other hand.

Edited by Brimir

All the duel weapons are like that AND they magically loose the potato they had too...just remember you either hold your potato and ONE gun or drop your potato and hold two guns! 8D

Personally I just craft two dedicated singles to make a dual... I'd never sacrifice my ranked one. Especially if it had a 'tato on it.

All the duel weapons are like that AND they magically loose the potato they had too...just remember you either hold your potato and ONE gun or drop your potato and hold two guns! 8D

Not really. You don't require three days of Research to figure out how to dual-wield most of them; you just need to add two together. Dual Cestra is a silly, silly exception.

Personally I just craft two dedicated singles to make a dual... I'd never sacrifice my ranked one. Especially if it had a 'tato on it.

Well im talking about when they DIDNT have duel weilding and i put tatoes on most of my favorite pistols and had to sacrifice it :/ sad face

Perhaps the Cestras need time to be synced properly.

It is corpus tech after all, maybe there's something that prohibits any two Cestras from being held be a singular entity.

Using that far-fetched possibility, it would explain that the Tenno know how to overcome such protocols through research and alterations.

Excess, unusable materials(potatoes after the syncing process) being produced are a plausible scenario.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

The research is for the targeting systems that allow a Tenno to aim two guns each in one hand with minimal loss of accuracy, Tenno have already done this research for their own weapons as well as some grineer guns.

Tenno aim via a 3d virtual construction fed directly into the brain rather than through mundane eyes or scopes, this construction actually allows them to view themselves in the 3rd person for greater situational awareness

The standard system typically only needs to be installed in two separate guns for the Tenno to use them, apart from the twin gremlins which are the grineer's own attempt to replicate this technology and as a consequence can only be fired as a pair as no one has yet deconstructed their system.

The cestra is a recent addition to the corpus arsenal and has a particularly harsh recoil so as of right now, all aiming systems for this weapon have to be researched in a bespoke manner and calibrated to the individual user.

yes I just made all that up

Edited by Kyphe