The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Finish Moves Already In Game? [Caution Many Imgs]

Newbieking

OK I tried Valkyr again since Paralysis has the convincing trigger to make a finisher. Made a Kogake uppercut after using Paralysis. Before that, I saw an indicator to press [E] to finish. I had my finger tapping melee key to make a screenshot.

EDIT: The indicator reads "Press [E] for Stealth Attack", probably called stealth attack since your opponent is unaware of you at the moment they get stunned... sooo meh... or probably just placeholder before they change the text into [FINISH HIM] on Melee 2.0

It seems you need to stun(with impact or blast if your warframe has no such CC ability) but not kill the target you wanted to give the "F".

gave me the clue when this thread's OP explained it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/180087-fatality-while-stun/

gonna try on other place than Earth with Overextended so Paralysis can't kill but stagger them.

Edit #2:

I think you can use Ember's Accelerant since it 'stuns' enemies too.

Apparently, Accelerant is a different kind of stun.

Edit #3:
YES I AM DOING THIS FOR TENNO SCIENCE!!!

Tried Machete Wraith, no finisher for it.

Edited by faustias

bumping this thread.

Valkyr taking a heart for her own Valentine's Day:

0PkU5km.jpg

8cooPOt.jpg

[It's actually Orthos Prime's finisher, but I equipped Codex Scanner because Latron Prime/Akstiletto gets it the way, it's like I took my firearms from his chest like Raiden does on MGRR]

That's so brutal. Lovin' it...

Edited by faustias

While these animations are really cool and all that, It's seems difficult to justify spending such a long animation on a single enemy. Quite often you'll be faced with hordes of enemies and you can't afford to spend that long on a single one. This is why Nova's 4 and automatic rifles like the Soma are in the meta right now. They can kill enemies very quickly to compensate for the very high numbers you'll be facing. I am hoping that melee 2.0 makes melee more viable and not just more pretty.

While these animations are really cool and all that, It's seems difficult to justify spending such a long animation on a single enemy. Quite often you'll be faced with hordes of enemies and you can't afford to spend that long on a single one. This is why Nova's 4 and automatic rifles like the Soma are in the meta right now. They can kill enemies very quickly to compensate for the very high numbers you'll be facing. I am hoping that melee 2.0 makes melee more viable and not just more pretty.

I think the damage for Melee weapons is actually going to be very high ; higher than guns to compensate for the lack of range ,  like in most shooter games 

I think we should trust DE on this , they're probably exhausted with this , but they shouldn't stress too much ; if there are bugs ; we'll report them...that's what we're here for anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...