Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Dream Warframe

The_Traitor_Executioner

Possible names:  Hypnos, Morpheus

Role: Support

Description:  A warframe oriented around manipulating the subconscious minds of enemies in indirect ways, making them doubt their own perceptions, instead of the direct mental whammy Nyx favors.  None of the warframe's abilities affect robotic units, making them less effective against the Corpus.

Abilities:

Base Ability: Paranoia - Affected enemies doubt their own skills, reducing their aim and causing them to do 5%/10%/15%/20% less damage for 15 seconds.  Can only affect 1/1/2/3 enemies at once.  Cooldown of 25 seconds.

2nd Ability: Distraction - Targeted enemy forgets himself, and loses the ability to use any special abilities - ex, Grineer heavy units cannot use Ground Pound - for 5/5/5/8 seconds.  Can only affect 2/2/2/3 enemies at once.  Cooldown of 20 seconds.

3rd Ability: Schadenfreude - The suffering of a selected enemy gives vilifying pleasure to the Tenno.  Targeted enemy grants the Tenno who kills it a temporary 10% damage buff that lasts for 10 seconds.  Cannot be used on more than one enemy at once.  Cooldown of 15 seconds.

4th ability: Schizophrenia - Affected enemies hear voices in their heads.  They cannot focus, and are unable to comprehend objectives, target defense objects, or attack hostages for the duration of the ability.  However, this ability causes all affected enemies to target the caster.  Lasts for 5/8/9/10 seconds.  Can only affect 6/7/7/8 enemies at once.  Cooldown of 30 seconds.

But wait!  I hear you ask why Nyx doesn't already fulfill this role.  The answer, dear reader, is simple: I feel that Nyx does not fulfill the potential of a psychic frame, at all.  There are so many wonderful ways to play around with the mind of an enemy, but Nyx is disappointingly banal in her abilities.  Powerful, yes, but booooriiiing.  Yawn. Snore.  You get the point.  I feel that a frame oriented around screwing with the enemy's minds in a support role would fit the concept much better than Nyx's direct-offense-magic-missiles-and-mind-control subtlety-smashing playstyle would.  

It's a cool concept but honestly all of the abilities seem very similar and are restricted by huge cooldown periods. Going along the dream theme i'd want something like a cloud of fog that puts enemies out cold and a kit focused on manipulating them once they're under Morpheus' influence. (name morpheus is great btw, not only is it the god of dreams but it goes great with trinity)

If Nyx is boring, and that's what caused this thread, then why not just give Nyx some/all of those abilities?

Because the facets of Psychokinesis are still applicable in Nyx. Mind Control and Chaos, despite being Telepathic abilities, play more of a direct role of controlling a unit, not playing to the inadequacies of its mind in a more subtle route.

That said, I agree that these abilities are far less dream oriented and more fear and paranoia oriented, and need a bit of spit and polish to really find headway. An admirable start though...

Edited by ToeSama