Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delayed In-Game Joins: Deploy Button

DSMK2

Right. I'm getting really annoyed with this, occasionally when I join a already running game, I lag horribly before the connection "stabilizes". For the most part the enemies are too distracted or getting killed by squad members to kill me; but today, hopping into a mission with just one other squad member, I got swarmed by chargers and killed before the lag cleared.

So I propose this; when joining a mission, you initially join a spectator. You have the option of hitting a deploy button and inserting yourself in-game at a pre-determined spawn location nearest to the squad. Possibly complete with air vent entry.

Thoughts?

Or perhaps wait til area is clear/safe to spawn. Just like Halo :P

Judging from what I've seen thus far, it might take a while. What if the guy attempting to fight off hordes of enemies needs help?

It's true that sometimes you just get spawned in the middle of a furball. There is already what seems like invincibility state while character materializes, perhaps it could last longer upon connect and be canceled on movement, so player would get a chance to look around before being forced into the fray.

That said, I'd rather the initial ridiculously choppy performance upon connection thing was fixed altogether instead of inventing ways lessen its damage.