Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame Idea (Light Based Frame)

Zaresin

So was kind of bored at work and was fiddling with the light setting on my ipad and got to thinking....why don't we have a light based warframe?  So kind of got to thinking about possible abilities it would have.  So...so far here is what I came up with.

Refracted light - Beam of light that can bounce off metalic objects to redirect the beam but once hits an enemy causes a small aoe that blinds surrounding enemies and damages them.

Low Spectrum - Ambient is able to project an area around himself causing fellow tenno to appear invisible for a time (can combine with banshee for complete stealth) (causes area to darken slightly)
- While in this field, certain other frame abilities are changed ex. Banshee sonic boom becomes micro waves that increase damage and cause flesh to "cook" (open to ideas)
-Volt shock ability becomes a gamma rays that cause radiation damage

High Spectrum - Ambient causes light in the area to increase making it difficult for enemies to target allies (chance to fry electronics in area) (increases lighting in the area, can boost Full Spectrum)

Full Spectrum - Gathering all light in the surrounding area into self, ambient is able to channel it into destructive beams that obliterate targets (combining with high spectrum can increase damage as well as the light absorbed from the area) (causes area to darken making repeated usage without high spectrum yield less than stellar results) (removes high spectrum once used together)

The name ambient is just a placeholder but I donno it kind of fit.  I kind of picture him with a mirror type motif going on with him....or a glass look to him something that deals with the light spectrum and glass is a great way to look at the spectrum.

Wanted a frame that brought a lot of utility to the team yet retained its strength through all levels of play.  Instead of having a press 4 skill to win frame, I wanted the frame to have a strong 4 skill but with diminishing returns the more it was spammed unless you did something to help increase it, hence the boost from high spectrum.  I wanted a frame where all its abilities would could work together.  I also wanted a frame where you have tactical play, by lowering the lighting you lessen your 4 damage but become invisible to the enemy, increasing the light makes it difficult for enemies to hit your team and increases Full Spectrum damage but lowers its overall damage after the first use in that area.

Kind of tossing around the idea of Full spectrum being combined with Volt's Overload increasing damage, range and number of beams.  Want the frame concept to be able to interact with other frames' abilities. In this instance kind of envision Full Spectrum Absorbing Overload and then instead of concentrated beams, have it be splinters of light.....but LOTS of them....think cactus exploading
Edited by Zaresin

or a glass look to him something that deals with the light spectrum and glass is a great way to look at the spectrum.

So you want to make a literal glass cannon warframe? "destructive beams that obliterate targets" :P

I like your concept though, controlling light would be cool. 

added a little more to my thoughts.  if I was any good at design I would try to make a concept of what he would look like.  Glass would be the closest thing I can think of that would represent my idea....maybe if someone that is good at design reads this they might toss a design on here if they like the concept enough.  

So was kind of bored at work and was fiddling with the light setting on my ipad and got to thinking....why don't we have a light based warframe?  So kind of got to thinking about possible abilities it would have.  So...so far here is what I came up with.

Refracted light - Beam of light that can bounce off metalic objects to redirect the beam but once hits an enemy causes a small aoe that blinds surrounding enemies and damages them.

Low Spectrum - Ambient is able to project an area around himself causing fellow tenno to appear invisible for a time (can combine with banshee for complete stealth) (causes area to darken slightly)

High Spectrum - Ambient causes light in the area to increase making it difficult for enemies to target allies (chance to fry electronics in area) (increases lighting in the area, can boost Full Spectrum)

Full Spectrum - Gathering all light in the surrounding area into self, ambient is able to channel it into destructive beams that obliterate targets (combining with high spectrum can increase damage as well as the light absorbed from the area) (causes area to darken making repeated usage without high spectrum yield less than stellar results) (removes high spectrum once used together)

The name ambient is just a placeholder but I donno it kind of fit.  I kind of picture him with a mirror type motif going on with him....or a glass look to him something that deals with the light spectrum and glass is a great way to look at the spectrum.

Wanted a frame that brought a lot of utility to the team yet retained its strength through all levels of play.  Instead of having a press 4 skill to win frame, I wanted the frame to have a strong 4 skill but with diminishing returns the more it was spammed unless you did something to help increase it, hence the boost from high spectrum.  I wanted a frame where all its abilities would could work together.  I also wanted a frame where you have tactical play, by lowering the lighting you lessen your 4 damage but become invisible to the enemy, increasing the light makes it difficult for enemies to hit your team and increases Full Spectrum damage but lowers its overall damage after the first use in that area.

Kind of tossing around the idea of Full spectrum being combined with Volt's Overload increasing damage, range and number of beams.  Want the frame concept to be able to interact with other frames' abilities. In this instance kind of envision Full Spectrum Absorbing Overload and then instead of concentrated beams, have it be splinters of light.....but LOTS of them....think cactus exploading

I like the idea, but what about take your idea and change the them. I recommend to look up what electromagnetic radiation is and base your frame idea off that instead of light considering light is a form of electromagnetic radiation. You would have a frame based on something more scientifically accurate i guess.

Edited by tastycakes5

I like the idea, but what about take your idea and change the them. I recommend to look up what electromagnetic radiation is and base your frame idea off that instead of light considering light is a form of electromagnetic radiation. You would have a frame based on something more scientifically accurate i guess.

Hmm....I'll have to read up on EMR it has been awhile since I had a physics class.  From what I remember, EMR consisted of more than just light, think it involved infrared, xrays and gamma rays.....not sure how I would alter the concept to fill those rolls....what would you suggest?  I'm open to all suggestions and criticism. 

Since we have a soundwave frame (banshee could see the skills interacting with hers to become microwaves just not sure how).....we have a magnetic frame (mag) would be interesting.

I think it would be really cool to have a frame where their abilities interact with other frames to take on more of the electromagnetic spectrum

Edited by Zaresin

Since we have several frames that could interact with EMR, I added a couple possible interactions with the skills with those frames.