Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skin Concept(S): Decals!

Els236

So, earlier on, I was busy smashing Corpus with my Jat Kittag and a sudden thought came to me.

I was thinking it would be funny to be smashing Corpus while having a big pair of kissy-lips drawn on my Jat, which got me thinking about Frame and Weapon decals. 

They would work like colour schemes or simply like skins, or perhaps even like event badges / clan emblems, yet there could be many ways to introduce them into the game.

Idea 1 - Buy them from the market (preferably with credits). Why credits and not Platinum? Well, because imagine having to spend 10/20/50/75 Platinum on a small decal that there would be many many of. 

- Sub-Idea 1: Perhaps, like sentinel parts, you could buy a bundle of shapes and logos, letters and numbers, then craft your own decals that way.

Idea 2 - Crafting them with blueprints bought in the market or blueprints found in missions; perhaps certain decals would only drop from certain enemies (i.e: Bosses) 

Idea 3 - A clan dojo room where, once everything is built and researched, you can create your own decals for the price of a few credits and/or materials, also using the idea there would be a base set of shapes, letters, numbers, etc...

I'm thinking that the decals would primarily be for weapons, as we already have skins and badges and what-not for the frames. 

Examples:

- Hot-rod flames painted onto an Ignis

- Kissy-lips painted onto a Jat Kittag

- Sargus-Ruk slogan painted onto an Ignis

- "PENTA-KILL!" gaming "slogan" painted onto a Penta

etc,...

I will try and photoshop some mock-ups if need be

What do you guys think?

Edited by Els236

I hope think the candy cane scythes were the beginning and end of the 'silly' cosmetic options in Warframe. The devs have stated that they won't add any cosmetics that diminish the tone of the game, and seem to be (for the most part) sticking to that.

One half of me sees this as unfortunate, but the other half of me saw the disaster that was Planetside 2's art direction, so I have to side with the devs on this one. 

Edited by -Synapse-

That's not a bad idea for weapons, but on a frame, it might start to look a bit Nascar, which would be horrendous. I thought of this too, but in a more simple form, just clan rank badges. You'd have your clan emblem, then on the other shoulder (event badge place holder) a badge that shows your standing/rank in that clan. Something more along the lines of military/boy scouts.