Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broadshot Rifle - Tenno Hybrid Weapon Concept

bejuizb

Note: I deleted the original thread a while back, and I wanted to share my idea once again. I made this long before the Burston Prime even existed.

We currently have a Tenno shotgun, rifle and sniper rifle. So I thought of a conceptual Tenno burstfire rifle. As read in the title, I've decided to name it the Broadshot. It is a four round burst rifle that has two firing modes, each of which gives the weapon different characteristics and capabilities. I decided to go with a bullpup design since it looks the coolest. I will post the sketch of the gun as soon as possible.

Fire mode 1: Standard 4 Round Burst

This mode is self explanatory. Press the trigger to fire four rounds. The bullets will deal 7.5 Impact damage, 7.5 Puncture damage and 7.5 Slash damage. In this fire mode, the bullets leave the rifle with some inaccuracy (spread) and some damage dropoff at range. The advantage to this fire mode is that it allows the user to fire off bursts in rapid succession while compromising on accuracy at range and having small amounts of recoil. This is generally intended for close range against groups of targets.

Fire mode 2: High Damage Precision Burst

As the title states, this mode is meant for dealing with single, high value targets or targets at long ranges. In this mode, the Tenno pulls a mechanism that forces four bullets to travel to the back of the gun via the barrel after the magazine. Then on firing the trigger, the weapon fires 3 rounds per second with pinpoint accuracy. This is compensated by a substantial kick after each shott, following which the next burst needs to be moved to the back of the rifle again. The advantage of this mode is the precision at range and no damage dropoff due to the bullets having substantially more force behind their impact. The bullets in this mode deal 12 Impact damage, 12 Puncture damage and 6 Slash damage. Each successive burst is separated by a time of 3 seconds. 

The weapon has a 20 round magazine, which takes 2.5 seconds to reload due to it's frontal placement. The weapon will have an above average zoom, somewhere between the zoom of a Soma and a Vectis. 

I was inspired by the Tigris firing mechanism, and wanted to make a versatile rifle with two entirely different fire modes. Hopefully both modes are balanced out. As I mentioned earlier, I will be posting sketches soon. I'm drawing one out as I'm posting this thread. I'd be glad to hear your feedback on this concept.

OENYipT.jpg

Edited by bejuizb

Whilst technically we already have a burst-fire weapon with the Burstron I would love to have this sort of weapon that can alternate between rifle and marksmen weapon. 

+1

Thanks!

See, I posted this back in November, and back then the Burston Prime didn't exist. But thanks for letting me know, I will fix the OP.