Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Warframe So Expensive Now?

evil_m3nace

I really like the new style of the mods and the progression system, but a single mission only gives you 2k credits MAX. I've been making some mods, and each of them cost 20k each. the max amount of credits I can buy with platmuim is 60k. That is only three mods, and I can't afford to spend 6 dollars every time I want to make a upgrade on my Axe, Gun and frame.

Seriously Devs, this will turn people away from the game if they can't even afford to mod. There is also the assoiated cost of blueprints, some guns, and frames too. there is also no PERMAMENT credit or xp booster for sale, heck even if it costed 500 platmium, I would buy it. This game is turning from fun that I spent money on, to a boring grind fest that I'm only playing because of a friend that wants to play it.

So what you're saying is this:

"I'm not enjoying the game, but if I could get all max level mods, I would suddenly enjoy it."

I don't see how max level mods are suddenly make you enjoy shooting Grineer in the face.

Or maybe you're some sort of OCD completionist who must have max level everything. In that case save your $6 toward a therapist :)

1. Use the duplicates to upgrade, it lower the overall cost by a lot. Choose which mod you want to max wisely. Don't rush and max every mod you can find.

2. Did you really buy the credit pack? Conversion rate is awful.

3. The grind is there in case you don't want to spend money. Like most f2p game, Warframe rewards spending time in the game to get things you want. Credit is harder to gather but it's still possible to do so. Most missions drop higher amount of credit than before.

So what you're saying is this:

"I'm not enjoying the game, but if I could get all max level mods, I would suddenly enjoy it."

I don't see how max level mods are suddenly make you enjoy shooting Grineer in the face.

Or maybe you're some sort of OCD completionist who must have max level everything. In that case save your $6 toward a therapist :)

these are only 50% weapon mods, if I wanted to do a 100% damage mod, it would cost waaaaaay more.

So expensive now? It's always been expensive, just not on credits. Now it is expensive on credtis which is kind of good, but that won't bother everyone for very long. Don't worry, you will soon finish most of your desired upgrades and be wondering what to spend your credits on after that.

1. Use the duplicates to upgrade, it lower the overall cost by a lot. Choose which mod you want to max wisely. Don't rush and max every mod you can find.

2. Did you really buy the credit pack? Conversion rate is awful.

3. The grind is there in case you don't want to spend money. Like most f2p game, Warframe rewards spending time in the game to get things you want. Credit is harder to gather but it's still possible to do so. Most missions drop higher amount of credit than before.

So I buy a founders, I pay a hundred dollars for the game, but I can't get the entire game? How much would I have to pay in a free to play game to get everything? We always talk about f2p model, but if sombody wanted to level and complete the game without grinding for it, how much would they have to pay? 100? 500? 1000? How much money is acceptable to pay for the game? I just want to finish all the planets...how is this not acceptable?

I dont want to die in a single level, because people in real life don't die multiple times to get their paycheck every month, and neither should your game character....

You're not suppose to get really powerful in a short period of time, from the perspective of a new player, it's a slow progression of power, which adds longevity of the game.

Slow doesn't mean going broke, I just want a permament credit booster.

Other then some color schemes, and weapon skins, you do have everything. You just have to earn it like everyone else does.

As for leveling, you can't pay to level, only to get a slight bonus to what leveling you do.

I don't want to pay to finish the game, I just want to finish it.

I dont understand, I don't have the time to play 20 games to finish 3 mods, so I want a credit booster that doesn't run out.

You're not suppose to get really powerful in a short period of time, from the perspective of a new player, it's a slow progression of power, which adds longevity of the game.

Speaking of which once you’ve made the journey, even repeated said journey with another warframe, or two, what then?

I know that we’re still in beta, and DE doesn’t want to alienate its new players, but hey, give the current player base a bone. Increase the max level cap, and soon, reduce the progression if needs be, but don’t end it. It’s counterproductive, and it buggers the game.

I don't want to pay to finish the game, I just want to finish it.

I dont understand, I don't have the time to play 20 games to finish 3 mods, so I want a credit booster that doesn't run out.

There is no finish to the game, what finish are you talking about?

Then buy the credit package with platinum, then you wouldn't have to play any games to finish 3 mods. Getting the fusing material is another matter. It's pay for convenience.

Your logic is flawed, "I don't have time to play 20 games, but with a credit booster," I'll have time to play 15 games to get the same amount credits. (The numbers of games is just an example, except for the quote from you)

Speaking of which once you’ve made the journey, even repeated said journey with another warframe, or two, what then?

I know that we’re still in beta, and DE doesn’t want to alienate its new players, but hey, give the current player base a bone. Increase the max level cap, and soon, reduce the progression if needs be, but don’t end it. It’s counterproductive, and it buggers the game.

With the current mod system, the journey should give DE enough time to figure out the next part. Only those that had alot of credit saved up and had lots mods before update 7 can finish the journey faster than DE can even think about what to do next. Have you seen how much it takes(credit, mod, fusion core wise) to get a mod card above level 5? Getting a card to level 10, which is endgame, is a long process without credit and fusing material beforehand.

Edited by FateZero

How much would I have to pay in a free to play game to get everything? We always talk about f2p model, but if sombody wanted to level and complete the game without grinding for it,

Just WTF xD You dont have to pay anything in the game to get everything. You actually have to play. Level and complete the game without grinding? This game is all about grinding.... What do you expect? To get all the max levels by just staring at your character -.-

So I buy a founders, I pay a hundred dollars for the game, but I can't get the entire game? How much would I have to pay in a free to play game to get everything? We always talk about f2p model, but if sombody wanted to level and complete the game without grinding for it, how much would they have to pay? 100? 500? 1000? How much money is acceptable to pay for the game? I just want to finish all the planets...how is this not acceptable?

I dont want to die in a single level, because people in real life don't die multiple times to get their paycheck every month, and neither should your game character....

With newer updates to be rolled out in the future at this rate, It's impossible to buy everything with platinum even as a founder. F2P is really pay for convenience. I think you confuse online gaming with constant update with offline game with occasional DLC release.

Also, OBT agreement doesn't allow you to 'own' the game.

Just WTF xD You dont have to pay anything in the game to get everything. You actually have to play. Level and complete the game without grinding? This game is all about grinding.... What do you expect? To get all the max levels by just staring at your character -.-

My Staring Contest mod is only Rank 2 of 10, those things drop so rarely.

On topic

Iif you use only duplicates for fusion process, it takes 63 individual fusings to get from Rank 0 to Rank 6. For commons it costs 12600 credits; uncommons cost 25200 credits, rares cost 50400 credits. Rank 6 would require 64 copies of the same card for the cheapest and most efficient fusing.

You want to cheat the farming process and use alternative fuels? Then cough up the credits. No really, you'll probably start coughing blood at some point if your plan is to pay for maxing out each new mod type the moment you pick up your first copy.