Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry + Ideas

Reonian

It is just an idea but eeveryday we farm, farm, and more farm for materials which gets frustrating to say the least. also because of the drop rates which they appear can be too low, that goes for mods, materials and cards.

Anyway back to foundry, what if we implemented a tradeing system or conversion system of a sort. You trade in 100k and get a sum of platnium, you forge materials together to make other materials, like 10 orikon cells=1 catylst or reacter, something like that. something were we can make what we need and sell what we dont, which should apply for everything not just mods and weapons. That way the cash flow in this game can be fixed so to say because it is hard to get cash, upgrade and buy equipment all at ounce, u have to farm even to buy health packs or ammo, even farm for hours or days to build a weapon and still have to wait another day for it.

Maybe even enemys drop weapon parts not materials for special upgrades for that specific weapon and after u collect all it upgrades for a price, or even uses those special parts and materials for the upgrade if you wanted to do it that way.

Im just saying some ideas and opinions been on for a few months or so and love it, best game i played online in along time. If anyone would like to add and/or give ideas do so but please be civil, else there is no point.

I love this idea! I've seen other games (EVE for example) call this alchemy. In the foundry we can take two (or more) different materials and with alchemy create a lesser quantity of a third (rarer) material. Like Venarge said, I don't expect this to work for platinum or potatoes, but for the main bottleneck resources, it'd be great.

That said, if you're hurting for rubedo or alloy, go to Sedna. I have more now than I can possibly use.

Edited by Yorinar

Thinking about this more, it seems like it could be part of a larger rework of the foundry process.

I think one downside of the U6 system is that you have bottleneck resources that force you to farm a few limited locations. With U7 and the introduction of two new rubedo locations and one new alloy plate location, the two biggest bottlenecks to warframe production are reduced. I'm not sure they are even real bottlenecks at this point, given the excess I'm seeing in my inventory, but i admittedly don't have the perspective of many newer/more casual players.

I could see a process by which alchemy could be used to lessen the stranglehold of bottlenecks, which are pure grind elements. Also the ability to sell resources would encourage exploration and give some small relief to the credit bottleneck. Obviously the prices are negotiable. Something super-common like polymer bundles or salvage would sell for very little, while gallium or orokin cells are worth a lot more.

The ability to sell resources would encourage exploration and give some small relief to the credit bottleneck. Obviously the prices are negotiable. Something super-common like polymer bundles or salvage would sell for very little, while gallium or orokin cells are worth a lot more.

Totally agree, this would help a LOT.

Ability to create catalyst/reactors using premium materials found in-game would also mean even the guy who doesn’t have the funds for platinum to get premium items as long as he can acquire the credit and material for the item in question. As for platinum I don’t specifically mean create as to trade a sum of credits for a sum of platinum. Warframe would not lose anything by adding the feature as they would be determining the trade value. Just saying that it would be a good idea.

As to the other posts, the ability to forge/use alchemy/create a material that is a premium material or even lower/same level would help out the games economy as well as release stress on farming and frustration due to spending countless hours searching for gallium for instance. Then also selling the material u don’t need for a sum of credits is just well a good idea.

Edited by Reonian

Ability to create catalyst/reactors using premium materials found in-game would also mean even the guy who doesn’t have the funds for platinum to get premium items as long as he can acquire the credit and material for the item in question. As for platinum I don’t specifically mean create as to trade a sum of credits for a sum of platinum. Warframe would not lose anything by adding the feature as they would be determining the trade value. Just saying that it would be a good idea.

As to the other posts, the ability to forge/use alchemy/create a material that is a premium material or even lower/same level would help out the games economy as well as release stress on farming and frustration due to spending countless hours searching for gallium for instance. Then also selling the material u don’t need for a sum of credits is just well a good idea.

The thing here is that catalysts arent exactly premium items. You can still obtain them through playing and doing alerts. So 2 ways to get plat-items are a bit too much in my opinion. And you should consider that everyone got some start plat to actually charge at least 1 set.