Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Enemy Ideas

(PSN)Ant-EliteGamer

I don't know if this belongs here but the people in charge will know where to put it

the infested have little variety in there facion, I mean it's a creature in space mutating dead organisms and you'd think you see more infested then the other 2 factions combined. So here's my ideas for infested enemies.

spitter: This infected keeps it's distance from the player and shoots projectiles from its mouth. Will melee the player if they get too close. Weak and decently fast.

flyers: This infected flies in the air and shoots projectiles at the player. Will occasionally charge at the player dealing decent damage. Weak and fast.

shredder: This infected is fast and has blade like arms. Same size as ancient and can shred a moderately shielded player in seconds. Mini boss type has beefy health and a bit slower than chargers.

shrieker:( don't know if I spelt that right ) This infested releases a loud shriek that calls runners to him. Tough but slower and weak melee damage. Explodes on death.

clawers: This infected can climb on walls with his claws. Deals hefty melee damage. Weak but faster than a charger.

Cloakers: This infected can turn invisible. He deals heavy damage and can shoot freeze spikes.you can see a faint blue gas cloud as he moves while cloaked. Mini boss type has beefy health and is decently fast.

diggers: This infected can dig into any solid objects whether it's a wall or a crate. Deal decent melee damage. Weak but fast.

puker: This infested throws up acidic liquid that is left on the floor for a while. Effects your health when touched. Decent health but slower than charger.

Breeder: This infested spawns all types of crawler and can deal massive damage with its umbilical. Mini boss type has beefy health and slow as ancient.

Spiker: This infested shoots a barrage of spike that deals heavy damage. It uses magnetic armor which only is effected by melee. Mini boss heavy health but slower than runner.

controller: toughest infested mini boss. Tell what the infested should do to assault the player. Opens up wider variety of strategy to the infested. Very large health and decently fast. Tends to keep its distance from the player.

Head hunter: a very dangerous infested that deals massive damage and can kill even the most elite players. Very rare to see but very important to kill. High health and decently fast.

Burner: This infested leaves a track of fire and shoots liquid melted fire projectiles at the player. Decent health and decent amount of speed.

That's all I have please tell me what you think. Criticism aloud.

I'm right there with ya on a lot of these, especially the "Flyers", "Clawers" and "Cloakers". I think some of these could easily be combined with pre-existing infested types as part of an infested rework. I was actually gonna submit my own list later, but I'm gonna want to illustrate some of my points and I haven't made time to sit down and draw up a proposal for my ideas yet.

Hopefully when I do, the forums give it enough attention that DE will at least be very aware of it, the enemy types will be based off synergy, and I'd introduce new infested types to help counter some of the methods of gameplay that currently hinder Infested from being intimidating or engaging for certain Warframes abilities. This "Infested Rework" proposal may also come with some buff/nerf suggestions to help make fighting the infested a little more challenging and fun, while also not making warframes feel either too powerful or helpless.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that wants to see a WHOLE LOT MORE out of the Infested faction.

Good ideas, however constructive feedback coming @ you.

To make the infested into a Faction instead of a plague, they must evolve.

Look at zerg in Starcraft, Tyrranids in WH40000, they are clearly factions even if they are monsters/insectoids.

The infested have no plan, no leadership, no structure.

And yet, they have intelligent bosses and can somehow invade.

This is two contradictary facts.

PROPOSITION

Your ideas, as well as many others, Tartarus, Baphomet, new bosses,

Need something new.

The solution, is to keep the outbreaks as just that.

Create a proper new faction that evolved from the plague.

After milennia the mutations eventually spawn higher awareness and results in a new species.

Lets call them Technocytes since they are born from it, and control it.

Like the Tenno they are superior beings and open up for a new set of missions, tiles, units.

It allso explains the bosses more, and your units, like the flyers, have evolved, unlike presently, the infested uses the hosts.

How does that sound to you?

Edited by arch111

Good idea arch since the infected keeps on coming in invasion missions it would make you wonder how they haven't died out yet. Evolving these creature would definitely open up to some new ideas maybe give an infested planet of there own. Besides the orokin derelict. I remember when the infested had complete control over eris until corpus took over. But yah your idea will definitely be a major change to the infected species.

P.S. etso the infected have mutated part off of grineer and corpus, I assume they mutate inside the corpses of our enemies.

Edited by (PS4)Ant-EliteGamer