Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

State That Warframe Is On Beta On Steam Asap

ChaosSpectre86

We saw how bad things went when players got into The War Z and no one knew about it being in practically Alpha, Beta is no exception.

Before your release is announced on all the major Journalism sites, I implore you, PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW ON STEAM THAT THIS IS IN BETA!!!

Before anything bad happens.

We saw how bad things went when players got into The War Z and no one knew about it being in practically Alpha, Beta is no exception.

Before your release is announced on all the major Journalism sites, I implore you, PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW ON STEAM THAT THIS IS IN BETA!!!

Before anything bad happens.

Excellent point!!!

The only reason why WarZ was taken off of Steam, was because the developers were sort of scamming their community.

The game was also a rip-off of another development and other subjects, along side a copy of their old free-to-play FPS/TPS that died quickly.

The only reason why WarZ was taken off of Steam, was because the developers were sort of scamming their community.

The game was also a rip-off of another development and other subjects, along side a copy of their old free-to-play FPS/TPS that died quickly.

Nowhere does it mention on the store page that this game is in beta. The unenlightened Steam community will download this game assuming it is not a beta, and then uninstall it out of frustration without even checking the forums.

Nowhere does it mention on the store page that this game is in beta. The unenlightened Steam community will download this game assuming it is not a beta, and then uninstall it out of frustration without even checking the forums.

There is a new section for games in development but I have no idea why WF was not included in it.

But even if it's in beta or not, I don't think people will make a big fuss out of it.

Warframe is free2play, so I doubt it'll cause that much of a negative response. + the client is like 25 minutes of downloading so I really doubt people will complain

Impressions are everything. If I played a game and it was sort of fun but not well fleshed out, I wouldn't try it again at a later date unless I knew the first taste was a beta.

Even if the store doesn't say anything, the client does when you first launch it, so nobody who thinks this is a finished product will be playing this game unless they deign not to read the agreements (in which case, the fault will be on the users if they accept them).

Nevertheless, at least a mention on the store page would ease some anxieties around here.

Yea. all beta testers have to sign the agreement. and there is rhetoric in there about not owning anything to stop complainers before they start.

But without mentioning it on the steam pg, you can believe there will be many complaining.

Edited by RawGritz

When you run the launcher you're forced to accept the Beta Agreement before playing. I don't know how many people are being misled...

Yes, when you run the launcher - fromt he legal point of view, everything is fine (probably).

But let's take the human factor in account and the fact, that most people PEOPLE DON'T READ THAT, and since you can change the text in the description of the game to clearly state, it's a beta (and also add a bit of description and features to the common "description" text). Just a small prevention :)

I understand this statement can lead to you losing some possible profit, but it will also distinguish you from people like WarZ devs and, you know, EA :)

Things have been a little, ah, "messy" since the Steam release, so I can totally see how people might overreact and compare this game to WarZ, especially after how public that whole situation got. Hopefully issues get ironed out before people fly off the handle. :p

Warframe is free2play, so I doubt it'll cause that much of a negative response. + the client is like 25 minutes of downloading so I really doubt people will complain

First impressions are vital for free to play.

And at the moment the game is still in a rough state, even if I love it and can't restrain myself from playing it.

For instance the difficult in soloing : it will keep a lot of players out. Players that could have liked th game, but will pass because they think they have a finished game.

Stating that it's a beta is more than important, it's vital.