Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Castanas Are Held Wrong?

_Rue_

The Castanas has two ends... the one that opens up and the pointy end that allows it to anchor to the target...

Why do the warframe hold the pointy end? The kunai and the despair are not held like this.

Also, flight path of the castanas doesn't suggest any twirling or tumbling end over end of some sort.

Because the end that opens up is the end that attaches itself to the target, think like a little grappling hook that opens up to latch onto its target then on boom. If anything I'd say your holding the antenna heh.

Wrong. The end the tenno hold them from is clearly sharp. This is the end that makes them stick into the target. Then the 3 prongs spread apart. Those 3 prongs have nothing to do with the projectile sticking to the target. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Some expert knife throwers hold the knife from the blade. Sometimes they will have the knife rotate multiple times in the air, but this is less reliable generally than having it turn only 180 degrees in the air, which is the prefered way to throw a throwing knife from the blade-held grip.

Wrong. The end the tenno hold them from is clearly sharp. This is the end that makes them stick into the target. Then the 3 prongs spread apart. Those 3 prongs have nothing to do with the projectile sticking to the target. 

Do you own a pair yet? Mine have 3 forma into them already. I know what they look like when they land, I have inspected them (only after sticking them on my friends faces).

Do you own a pair yet? Mine have 3 forma into them already. I know what they look like when they land, I have inspected them (only after sticking them on my friends faces).

You didn't inspect very thoroughly, then. It's clearly the bladed end that sticks into the enemy. And yes, I do own a pair. 

The end with the three pylons serves no purpose other than to release electricity. They have nothing to do with grappling. I just threw a few at a wall to check, and it's the bladed end that sticks in. 

I even took a few screenshots to prove it.

Y0r2mkh.jpg

miaVDDF.jpg

Edited by Plasmaface