Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Passives, Now That Zephyer....

Demon_Mask

Ok so here is the result of my previous post that kinda mini exploded (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/181564-zephyr-means-all-frames-get-passives/)

i just said that all frames should get passives because of zephyer being floaty jumpy.

so in this post i will go through and give passives to all the other frames. and i will be trying to AVOID the obvious elemental damage/resistance ideas - the better in this area ideas - the better against this faction ideas - and any other ideas that shove a warframe into a pile of only useful against this faction on this planet with this weaponry. because that's just wrong and takes away versatility! 

ASH: can perform executes on alerted enemies.

BANSHEE: harder for enemies to detect (less noisy weapons and movements)

EMBER: close proximity (1.5m) enemies have a 20% chance to receive a fire proc lasting 3 sec

EXCALIBUR: undecided between +.5 attack speed on melee weapons OR increased slash proc chance in melee.

FROST: ice trails - when sprinting he leaves an ice trail that slows enemies that pass over it.

LOKI: enemies in close proximity have a 100% chance to take friendly fire (within un-modded fist weapon range)

MAG: 10% chance to reflect any incoming metallic projectile followed by a 50% chance the reflected projectile will target an enemy or the floor.

NEKROS: can use powers while in downed state.

NOVA: innate energy regen (either = to unranked or first rank energy siphon)

NYX: when aiming reticle is over a single enemy (excluding bosses and mini bosses) that enemy freezes in its place and enters its idle standing animation, when reticle is removed its back to wanting you dead.

OBERON: some form of ALLIED (not including Oberon) % of allies HP healing based on damage done by his abilities

RHINO: immune to knock-down, he instead gets staggered - faster recovery than knock down

SARYN: when either knocked-down OR in downed state releases a small cloud to gas proc enemies within 2m

TRINITY: faster pick-up time when healing allies

VALKYR: the longer she stays in melee only the faster she swings OR the crit chance goes up (to a point) 30sec cool-down))

VAUBAN: already has the full map to look at - no need to discover it (no fog of war)

VOLT: can insta hack terminals

thoughts?

I've seen a few threads like this since zephyrs release, and I'm in full support of anything like this. Give us more individuality between frames, besides powers, shields/hp and looks. If I use ember, I want EVERYTHING to be on fire, if I run Valkyr, I want to be rewarded for using melee weapons. etc. 

I especially like Trinity and Loki's passives listed above, fits the frames very well. Novas, Oberons and NYx do seem a bit op though. 

I actually think Vauban would make more sense for the insta-hack thing rather than Volt. On the other hand, I think it would be quite entertaining if mechanical enemies (Rollers, MOAs of both Corpus and Corrupted types, turrets, cameras) shorted out in melee range of Volt and either lost the ability to aim straight or began firing randomly as if afflicted with Chaos.

Huh, interesting and unique. I think Nova's should be a little more towards the explody side of things though....But still, interesting ideas.

Maybe! something explody might be fun but the trick is to make it:

- Usful

- Not OP

- Not purely ascetic

Personally I like all of these :D but I think we (the community) need to refine them a bit

This is a very cool idea, though the execution may take some balancing out and consideration before anything would be put into action, of course.

Currently Valkir can already execute alerted enemies! this doesn't seam to actually hurt gameplay from what I've seen as the increase in damage (and awesome) comes at the cost of the animation used to do it.

Currently Valkir can already execute alerted enemies! this doesn't seam to actually hurt gameplay from what I've seen as the increase in damage (and awesome) comes at the cost of the animation used to do it.

oh is that why there seemed to be more attack animations for the jat kittag with valkyr? i did wonder how to trigger rolling over their backs more often.

i like the idea of each frame getting unique passives.

nyx's is way too powerful, not that it's frequent but she would be invincible against single targets and would trivialise powerful units. it needs to be more passive than targetting an enemy.

such as a reduction in aggression towards herself. if she's the only viable target she gets targeted. if another allie is within a certain extended radius, they'll be targeted instead. perfect for a team based crowd control frame.

oberons would need to be a very small heal percentage. otherwise an oberon with a 6 star ignis could insta heal a team just be opening up on a fresh wave. it could easily invalidate some skills.

i would suggest all kills have a small chance to drop heal orbs when killed by oberon, with reckoning having a strong chance to drop heals.

frost leaving snail trails doesn't sound effective, for balance and performance they would need to be short. it could lead to all sorts of graphical anomolies trying to project ice onto every walkable surface in the game too.

vauban getting the whole map seems pointless given the breadcrumb system

rhino doesn't need to be permamently immune to knockdown.

the ability to use primaries when downed would suit vauban or rhino. possibly moreso vauban so it stands a chance of being used

oh is that why there seemed to be more attack animations for the jat kittag with valkyr? i did wonder how to trigger rolling over their backs more often.

i like the idea of each frame getting unique passives.

nyx's is way too powerful, not that it's frequent but she would be invincible against single targets and would trivialise powerful units. it needs to be more passive than targetting an enemy.

such as a reduction in aggression towards herself. if she's the only viable target she gets targeted. if another allie is within a certain extended radius, they'll be targeted instead. perfect for a team based crowd control frame.

oberons would need to be a very small heal percentage. otherwise an oberon with a 6 star ignis could insta heal a team just be opening up on a fresh wave. it could easily invalidate some skills.

i would suggest all kills have a small chance to drop heal orbs when killed by oberon, with reckoning having a strong chance to drop heals.

frost leaving snail trails doesn't sound effective, for balance and performance they would need to be short. it could lead to all sorts of graphical anomolies trying to project ice onto every walkable surface in the game too.

vauban getting the whole map seems pointless given the breadcrumb system

rhino doesn't need to be permamently immune to knockdown.

the ability to use primaries when downed would suit vauban or rhino. possibly moreso vauban so it stands a chance of being used

That's great feedback :o

What do you think if  Nyx only immobilized enemies instead of a hard stun? with a 20-50% speed reduction to melee units? They'd still be able to shoot yeh in the face but they'd be unable to move! (well unless melee obviously)

I like the idea of Oberon dropping health orbs on kills actually! That sounds quite well suited to him :D (lower chance then his ult of course)

I feel like every frame should be unique so Necros with abilities while down works due to his abilities being very "distraction" orientated. Their remarkably well suited for being downed. He can scare people away, give them other targets to shoot at, or punch away heavies. All while feeling like an undead necromancer thing. But we should perhaps think of something more Unique passives for Frost and Vauben.

(Personally I like Rhinos seeing as knockdown and staggers are essentially stuns with different durations and animations. This passive would just shorten his "stun" some middle ground between knockdown and stagger would be good)