The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skill Discussion

SharkBait

Let me start off by saying this is a great game, very fun and moderately difficult at times. That said I would like to give my opinion on the skills in the game. First off I think some of the skills in this game are too strong with very little energy cost (slash dash, radial javelin, crush) while others yield very little in conjunction for the amount of energy they cost (all of loki's skills excluding invisibility). To fix this I suggest adjusting the energy costs according to the usefulness of the skill and the impact on enemies and decreasing the damage of some skills as well. My current favorite character is mag and while I love putting on energy regen from my deck, going through areas and clearing them completely with level 3 crush i feel it takes away from the team aspect and being able to level up my weapons. This is why i feel its important.

I am also suggesting maybe adding some skill upgrades that change the skills to be better. I'm going to use loki for an example as I feel his skills are the only ones that don't allow him to solo missions very easily. Decoy: this skill has so much potential. If you added more decoys to each cast, and made it so that the decoys can fire depending on the weapon loki has equipped. level 1 decoy can make 1 decoy and have it use your melee weapon, level 2 decoy can make 2 decoys and have them use your side arm, level 3 decoy can have 3 decoys and have them wield your main hand. I'm not going to comment on invisibility as i feel it is fine the way it is good duration 50 energy and extremely useful. Switch teleport: In order to capture Loki's norse mythology side I feel this skill should be more deceptive when used on enemies i believe it should switch you places as it normally does and disguise you as your target and your target as you forcing the enemies around you to target their ally while you can either sneak past or take them down from behind. when used on allies it will swap places and possibly give them health and shield or cloak them and give you the same buffs. i feel this will open up the possibility of making a group around tanks and supports thereby making boss battles that much more intense and team oriented. finally Radial Disarm: very fun skill but would be very useful if after the targets were disarmed they were deceived into thinking their allies were Loki and they would start melee brawling their team. while a very comical skill it makes Loki more useful in situations where the team can't kill the group in time while also making interesting scenarios like a grineer boss being beat up by his allies.

Please take these changes into consideration. This topic is open for discussion on other skill ideas ive only played Loki, Mag, and Ember so it would be iteresting to see other peoples ideas for skill changes.

Thank you for your time.

I agree on some of these parts (Excalibur's Slash Dash being to efficient for its mana cost, while some spells are close to laugh worthy for even more energy cost), and the change to Loki's teleport sound like a fun mechanic aswell.

+1 from here

Your post could use some formatting - that huge chunk of text is a little hard on the eyes.

Regarding each of your suggestions:

-Decoy:

Rather than each decoy being limited to a particular weapon, I'd just be for giving them an AI that lets them switch from weapon to weapon based on proximity and damage, as well as let them use abilities. I like the suggestion of increasing the decoys, but there might be merit in making a single uber-decoy. Finally, a suggestion of my own - what if decoys exploded on death?

-Switch Teleport:

The disguising is cute, but it seems like there's a lot of room for confusion when playing with allies. I personally wish this were a direct damage ability, with Loki either de-shielding his target, or doing a chunk of damage mid-teleport.

-Disarm:

...not really a fan of this particular suggestion. It has merit, but I don't think Disarm needs anything extra. It sort of feels like an either-or situation, with "either enemies lose all ranged weapons" or "enemies attack what's closest to them".

I appreciate you pointing that out ill revise it when i get a minute. As for the topic ideas you've given i feel i need to expand alittle more. Definitely love the decoy idea. I got similar feedback from a friend about the teleport idea, when teaming up with a friend it will just show up normally as Loki not enemies. As for the warframe uber ability, if you dont have some sort of offensive nature to it then what is it good for. I've had plenty of instances where I have snuck behind enemy lines and disarmed them, only to have excalibur come in and radial javelin for the insta-kill. Making my "ultimate" ability completely useless. As I stated it was a very comical idea but its alot more useful then disarming the group.

Your post could use some formatting - that huge chunk of text is a little hard on the eyes.

Regarding each of your suggestions:

-Decoy:

Rather than each decoy being limited to a particular weapon, I'd just be for giving them an AI that lets them switch from weapon to weapon based on proximity and damage, as well as let them use abilities. I like the suggestion of increasing the decoys, but there might be merit in making a single uber-decoy. Finally, a suggestion of my own - what if decoys exploded on death?

-Switch Teleport:

The disguising is cute, but it seems like there's a lot of room for confusion when playing with allies. I personally wish this were a direct damage ability, with Loki either de-shielding his target, or doing a chunk of damage mid-teleport.

-Disarm:

...not really a fan of this particular suggestion. It has merit, but I don't think Disarm needs anything extra. It sort of feels like an either-or situation, with "either enemies lose all ranged weapons" or "enemies attack what's closest to them".

I vote for the damage mid-teleport. I used to play a game called Bloodline Champions and there was a support/healer character who had a position swap move, and it would do damage when the two "spirits" met mid-swap if an enemy was targeted, or heal the user and an ally if an ally was targeted.

Skip to 0:51 and watch through 0:56 to see it used on an enemy (the "16" is floating combat text showing the damage done). I'd just close the video after that because the guy's pretty bad but it's a good quick example of how it would work from a top-down view.

Either way, during the teleport, you could just deal damage, or maybe deal damage + absorb health, or if you use it on an ally, it heals you both. It would add an extra level of support there.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have problem when using radial disarm on the grinner boss? it seems that it knocked down the boss instead of taking away his guns...but it does however take away the guns away from the minions that surrounding him..

I am also suggesting maybe adding some skill upgrades that change the skills to be better.

I agree with this.

I'd use the Mags pull as an example because it's easy;

When unlocked it would handle exactly the way it does now, an enemy is pulled 15-20 meters towards the player and the target is stunned.

Boost 1 gives Pull a ragdoll effect so it pulls enemies out of cover

Boost 2 would remove Pulls' startup animation so it would become instant cast.

Exactly the same function as it is now, only your character is getting visibly better at it as you level the skill up.

Edited by CheeseThief

-Switch Teleport:

And it is a telefrag if it deals the killing blow so you emerge from a bloody explosion!

I want that so bad.