Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery To Prime Weapons

Zephyric_Reaper

Now that parts are tradeable, I believe some prime weapons are not in their "due mastery rank" requirement. 

Latron P and Braton P have mastery rank 0. And both are fairly good to be so. Since the only "wall" blocking players to get these parts was actually playing the void, which they need fairly good gear to do so, now that it's gone, there's almost nothing that restricts new players from getting "top tier" gear. 

To keep it short, these weapon should have higher mastery so at least there's some sort of progression in game, other than just trade and done. 

even thought this is basically the same topic as another poster's, the OP at the very least isnt a complete toolbox

soo ill be kind

the whole mastery rank locking of content/gear/etc really is not designed well at all to begin with, atm it has had MAYBE 1-2 tweaks since early closed beta, so its definitely showing its age

since the weapons ingame obviously have higher/lower performers, I would be OK if DE completely re-did the gating and arranged gear based on its performance, putting the top tier gear at MR15 (the current max) and distributing the rest down the chain

but on the other hand, maybe A LOT of gear could be tweaked to be more sidegrades, instead of the direct upgrades that many are atm

latron is a good example tho, the latron prime is a direct upgrade, unlike the braton series, which have there dmgs all tweaked in different stats (some more imp, or slsh, or prc), so the latron prime it would seem, should have a higher mastery rank than the base latron, IF u want to keep the mastery rank system for gating content

hopefully in the coming months, the introduction of the "focus" system will give some more concrete uses for mastery ranks, but until then or even at that point, maybe DE will address the gear rank locking issue

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

even thought this is basically the same topic as another poster's, the OP at the very least isnt a complete toolbox

soo ill be kind

the whole mastery rank locking of content/gear/etc really is not designed well at all to begin with, atm it has had MAYBE 1-2 tweaks since early closed beta, so its definitely showing its age

since the weapons ingame obviously have higher/lower performers, I would be OK if DE completely re-did the gating and arranged gear based on its performance, putting the top tier gear at MR15 (the current max) and distributing the rest down the chain

but on the other hand, maybe A LOT of gear could be tweaked to be more sidegrades, instead of the direct upgrades that many are atm

latron is a good example tho, the latron prime is a direct upgrade, unlike the braton series, which have there dmgs all tweaked in different stats (some more imp, or slsh, or prc), so the latron prime it would seem, should have a higher mastery rank than the base latron, IF u want to keep the mastery rank system for gating content

hopefully in the coming months, the introduction of the "focus" system will give some more concrete uses for mastery ranks, but until then or even at that point, maybe DE will address the gear rank locking issue

I do agree that the mastery system is not.... great. "Tier-ing" the gear actually sounds quite good, although if you actually count the amount of people at rank 15 I honestly doubt it's much people so from there a lot of problems branch out from De's perspective. Like, new weapons are never going to be MR15 because just nobody would them, thus them being a "waste" and so on. However, I just wanted to mention that giving any rank 2 a latron prime, it'll probably spoil their experience, but it's just my thoughts. 

the whole mastery rank locking of content/gear/etc really is not designed well at all to begin with

i can certainly agree with that.

Scott, i still don't think 'Tiers' of Equipment will ever work. since all of it is still used in the same gameplay, attaching an arbitrary number does nothing for balance. it's a cheap cop out, and i think you know that. 

i know, a wide selection of unique choices is very difficult to create compared to 'Tiers'. but those Tiers don't actually solve anything, instead encourages Stat Creep and Elitist players (won't play with anyone under Mastery X because they don't have "good enough" Stat Creep), among other things i don't think we want in Warframe.