Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Ability

Vurige

So I wanna share my idea about warframe's passive ability, think this passive ability as skill that automatically active when our warframe meet the required condition and doesn't need energy to activate

I need choice about this passive ability requires ability slot or not. If not the ability will always attached when you use the warframe and will safe one slot, but it can't be upgraded.

If yes it will added as mod with 4 = polarity at default can be upgraded 3 times making 7 = at maximum. It requires more advance mods management since there is only 4 = polarity slots and to make 5 = polarity slots it requires a forma which is a very rare component.

I'm not gonna put passive skill like the amount of default energy,health,shield,stamina,running speed,armor or so because the game already have this thing, but i will put some that will increase it for short period of time.

Also some of the passive ability are similar to specific mods, so you don't have to equip the mods with same effect, allowing better mods equip management, and this passive ability are only for support and defense with some are giving small passive damage giving you more self-defense and survivability during mission

And yeah all passive ability are affected by range, duration, and power mods (duration mod will extend the duration of the ability but will not decrease the cooldown)

ASH

-Quickfeet
 Increase the speed of wall running, wall climbing, slide and range of forward jump, cartwheel, and backflip

Note:
*It doesn't affect the running speed or stamina usage

BANSHEE

-Silent
Make no noice when walking and firing weapon

Note:
*make it useful on exterminate mission

*doesn't affect the bow or throwing weapons since they already doesn't make noice

*Make you less targeted by enemies during multiplayer

EMBER

-Molten Armor
Decrease enemy fire damage by half, and fire combined damage (blast,gas,radiation) by one-fourth. also chance to burn melee attacker for 3 seconds when hitting Ember

Note:
*Still give knockdown if hit by blast attack (eg. grineer bombard)

*Chance of burning is 25%

*Also give small fire damage to attacker

*Immune when stepped on fire hazard (fire terrain)
   *Grineer Napalm's fire terrain still count as enemy fire attack

EXCALIBUR

-Slice and Dice
Give chance to increase range and damage of melee weapon by 50% for 5 seconds when got hit by enemies

Note:
*Activation chance depends on melee weapon type
   *throwing weapon/dagger--> 30% chance

*sword/long sword-----------> 25% chance
   *dual swords------------------> 20% chance
   *Pole/Axe/greatsword-------> 15% chance

FROST

-Frozen Armor
Decrease enemy ice damage by half, and ice combined damage (blast,magnetic,viral) by one-fourth, also give chance to slow down melee attacker for 3 seconds when hitting Frost, and give immunity to cold terrain

Note:

*Chance of slowing down is 25%
   *Also give small ice damage to attacker

*Shield will not be halved by cold terrain

LOKI

-Auto-decoy

Automatically create a decoy when receiving health damage

Note:

*Decoy that come has same status as your decoy ability

*Only can used once per 30 seconds

*Decoy will come if you receive 'ignore shield' debuff such as bleed and poison

MAG

-Magnetic Field

Take enemies's item drop (ammos, components, orbs, mods,credits) from more distant range, and immune to disrupt debuff

Note:

*The items will come directly to you (like carrier's vacuum)

*If you in a full ammos, health or energy, the specific items will not come to you until it depleted

*The range of the field is 10 meters

*Immunity to disrupt debuff prevent distortion to your HUD and prevent you to losing energy
  *Ancient Disruptor is the common example of the enemies who can cause disrupt
     *Still can cause knockback if it hits you

NEKROS

-Ressurection

Gain full health and shield when killed and become invisible to attack for 10 seconds

Note:

*Can only used once per mission

*In nightmare difficulty with no shield challenge it will not regain shield but still regain health

NOVA

-Molecule Disperse.

Give chance to immune all enemies attack including bullets after using ability

Note:

*Chance of activation is 30%.

*Immune for 5 seconds.

NYX

-Brain Dead

Stun all enemies on the area when the shield is fully depleted, make the enemies unable to do action

Note:

*Skill will not do things like mind control or chaos, only paralyzing your enemies

*It will last for 5 seconds or upon leaving the area

*Will not active in nightmare difficulty with no shield chalenge

OBERON

-First-aid

Twice the amount of health restored from any source when health is below 45%

Note:

*Health can obtained by health orbs, team health restore, Trinity's well of life, and another Oberon's renewal
  *Using reckoning will be the easy way to obtain health orbs

RHINO

-Unshaken Will

Survive fatal blow that might kill you with 1% health remaining, recharge 50 % of the shield

Note:

*Only occurs once every 45 seconds

SARYN

-Epidemic

When you inflicted with an ailment you will transfer the same ailment to all enemies around you

Note:

*Inflict all enemies within 10 meters and will make you 'cured' from the aliment

*Doesn't work with physical ailment such as knockback, weakened, bleed, and knockdown

*It only affect enemies other than the one that infecting you

*If there is no target within range you will inflicted by the ailment

TRINITY

-Damage Management

Chance to replenish 5% shield and health when attacked

Note:

*Chance of activation is 10%

*Bullet also can trigger this skill

VALKYR

-Berserk

Increase fire rate, melee speed, and all damage done by 100% when health is below 30%, also give 5% chance to replenish 1% health while attacking

Note:

*Can be stack with warcry and other damage increasing ability

*Melee speed also affect Hysteria

*Last until health is higher than 30%

VAUBAN

-Engineering

Increase the amount of loots during mission and increase the energy obtained from energy orbs by 10

Note:

*Increase the amount of ammos and components obtained.

*Does not affect chance of obtaining blueprint and rare mods

VOLT

-Thunder armor
Decrease enemy electricity damage by half, and electricity combined damage (radiation,magnetic,corrosive) by one-fourth, also give chance to stun melee attacker for 3 seconds when hitting Volt, and give immunity to stun

Note:

*Chance of stun is 25%
   *Also give small electricity damage to attacker
*So far the only electricity-user enemy is only Electric Crawler

I'm not putting Zephyr here because I think her high jump is count as passive ability

This is just my opinion about the abilities if you have another idea about warframe's passive abilites please share it in comment

Upvote my concept if you like and thanks for reading

Special thanks to Hayzemet for the suggestions and input

Edited by Vurige

I have been thinking about something similar ever since I started playing Warframe. The concept is Tenno are ancient ninja-like clan. So it definitely makes sense for them to have special passive abilities, that is personal to each warframe. I was also thinking more along the lines, like Rhino's ironskin for example. Make each and every warframe have their own personal ironskin, related to their specific powers. To name a few, Frost can have frozen skin, Ember can have flame armor skin, Saryn can be covered in acid, Mag can have magnetic armor surrounding her. That's my opinion so far. Please look into this DE, thanks.

totally imba dearie, Frost>Ash, loki, exca, volt rebalance them or rethink them.

I like the passive ideas, not these ones , but we could have passives. 

Here are my thoughts: Based on your passives and so on

Ash - Predator: Small enemy radar included, plus you can see enemies through solid objects when in stealth.

Banshee – Silent is good but buff it, overall less to no noise produced, plus reduced naturally enemy awareness.

Ember - Molten armor sounds great but nerf it, only ¼ damage reduced form combined fire damage.

Excalibur – Ethereal blade: Melee increases damage dealt to the attacked unit, by any source plus gives increased range and slash/puncture/impact aoe with melee weapons.

Frost – Frozen armor is great as well, just the ¼ dmg reduction on combined ice damage

Loki- Assassinate - Auto decoy sounds good, but in addition to the decoy increased attack speed and movement speed when this occur and you go in stealth not much just about 25-35% for 10s.

Mag – Magnetic field: Sounds fine, but add overall cc reduction, like reduce the slash proc times.

Nekros – Underwalk: Before dying, you go on a shadow state that regenerates 1/3 of your life and shields, for 6 seconds, during this time you move faster and ignore unit collision, 2-6 minute cooldown.

Nova – she is hard D: - Molecular disperse sounds great tho.

Nyx – Mind shock (foggy mind seems too similar to auto decoy) after shields are depleted, stun enemies in a radius, confusing them, with a 2 minute cooldown or so, also add power range or efficiency when health is damaged or low idk lol

Oberon – First aid, idk maybe Sacrifice: Gain innate health regeneration. Also your armor and health regen (and healing power) is increased based on your missing health.

Rhino – Unshaken Fortress: Sounds great, but let’s buff it maybe regain full shields with damage reduction based on armor or so and aggro is completely rhinos. Or maybe auto iron skin but higher power .. also 2 minute cd.

Saryn – Epidemic sounds great, let’s buff it, increase Saryn status chance on her enemies by a set amount also, status vamp, the status ailments on her enemies heal saryn for a small percentage of the damage dealt.

Trinity – Sanctorum: Melee attacks increase the effectiveness of her abilities or something like that; imagine if you hit guys with your sword you multiply link reflection damage, or add duration to blessing something like that.

Valkyr – same as berserk but add 1% innate life steal.

Vauban – Engineering – Gain innate energy regeneration, it is then increased by the amount of energy Vauban is missing, also increase the loot like you said.

Volt -  Thunder armor, basically the same concept ember and frost have but with electricity.

Edited by Hayzemet