Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About The Game's Combat A Bit.

Sebastianx

I'm starting to think it's put up this way due to it's free-to-play model. 

Most F2P games are based on heavy vertical progression in order to give incentives to buy in-game valuable currency so that they can skip the grind. If a new player don't see a point in the heavy-grind (in order to get 'better') they might simply quit early. 

Your suggestions are wonderful though, but with the amount of incentives that DE shoves in your face at every corner at an early stage in the game in order to push you into buying platinum (and people do), I don't really think they are going to overhaul their combat system. 

I wish they did though. The current combat is brain-dead and monotonous. Go in, press 4, go out. That's it. Higher level content is simply press 4 more than once, kill everything a bit slower, but go out nonetheless. No brains, no reflexes or skill involved. I can literally play this game in half-asleep-mode, which means i am playing it when my brain has the least amount of activity going on. 

You just quoted what me and a friend of mine that is also a rank 15 in my clan say when we're up at 2-3 AM farming for stuff. It's SO true that we both are half asleep, playing in windowed mode while watching youtube on another window so we don't fall asleep.

It's really sad and DE most certainly have the skill to change things around but they somewhat refuse to do it.