The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

"Why not?"

Rael tilts her head, she's curious now.

"Because one upon a time," Miranda started, "some bad things happened. They weren't my fault, but they happened. Then I got betrayed. Then everything I cared about got taken from me. And then guess what happened? I was blamed for all of it. I had my liscense to go out on missions taken and now my ship AI can't let me leave the dojo for combat. Is that a good enough reason for you?"

From beneath her helmet Miranda's face was one of cool anger. "Pity is a form of charity. Charity is something given to the weak. If I fall and I can't get up, that's my own fault. I should be stronger. I should have been stronger." A soft sob escaped Miranda's helmet. "I–I have to go." She hurriedly started towards her ship.

((Info is up now on my page if you want spoilers as to who this new Tenno will be. Something has to happen before he shows up, but it's coming soon. And yes, he is specifically designed as a foil to Miranda. I hope you're all ready for some serious bloodshed.))

Rael lets out a quiet chuckle at first which turns to laughter until Rael shouts across;

"You think I work for the Lotus? Ha! Hell no! I'm a mercenary, and I don't need a damn license to go anywhere. If ya wanna come, my AI's modded to listen to me only, Lotus can't hack in or otherwise. Now's your chance to get back out there!

Edited by WingedCrusade

Miranda halted. Freedom. Freedom. Freedom? She turned, weapon slung over her shoulder. "What?" A step forward, another, another. "You can what?" Freedom! She ran over to Rael, embracing her tightly before letting go. "Let's go! Please! Anywhere! Come on let's go!" She spoke a command into her helmet and a high pitched whistle was heard for a moment before a white kubrow with Amber eyes and grey splotches dominating his fur came forward, a classic Orokin collar adorning his neck. "Cerberus, we're going on a hunt!" The beast's ears perked up as it slid into a hunting stretch, it's mouth slightly agape. Miranda turned back to Rael. "Lead the way!"

Edited by Alad_VI

Rael nods and takes Miranda to a ship, the inside much different looking than the Liset, if anything, it looks more Corpus tech adorned, and darker in color as well as seemingly more spacious.

"Well here we are. Don't touch anythin'.

Lusithian, set flight path for- Ah hell, just go."

A deep voice speaks before the ship takes off.

"Got it."

"Oh you p*ss ((because censors are silly)) off, I'm going to go fight!" Miranda said to the Frost before running into Rael's ship and calling out the door to Rose, "You coming? This outta be the time of your life!" And hopping inside.

"Well isn't this... Spacious," she noted ignoring Rael's command and searching the ship. "You got a fridge somewhere around here? I haven't had my daily alcohol yet. Ah, I suppose I shouldn't drink actually. I want to savor this." With that, Miranda hopped into a seat and prepared for take off.

Meanwhile...

Miss? Miss? According to your UPS you are exiting the dojo. Please respond. Miss?

Relaying to Lotus now.

A purple Liset branded with Lotus markings arrived outside of the Dojo, and from it comes the cold voice of a middle aged man. "Open up. I have quarry here. I've been sent by the Lotus."

Edited by Alad_VI

Whilst on the Liset, Miranda chooses to occupy herself with push-ups. "So," she asks, "why is it that you've isolated yourself from the Lotus? I mean, there wasn't really a reason that you've examined for you to mod your ship."

(Fun Fact, tenno are supposed to have a Hive Mind. In Rael's case, she severed that connection which is why she's a psychopath. :D)

Rael takes her captain's seat and lounges.

"Get cozy. This'll be a few minutes. Galleon's far over by Mercury."

((Damn you and your continual making me feel unoriginal! I wasn't aware of the whole hive mind thing but part of Miranda's backstory (pre-warrior stuff, I mean when she was a child) has to do with something that would make her not part of this hive mind. Damn you! At least it's for an entirely different reason.)) Edited by Alad_VI

Whilst on the Liset, Miranda chooses to occupy herself with push-ups. "So," she asks, "why is it that you've isolated yourself from the Lotus? I mean, there wasn't really a reason that you've examined for you to mod your ship."

"Well, for starters, I hate taking orders from somebody I don't even know, let alone like take orders from anyone, that and I don't like her looming over me. Second, the original Liset seemed too... Clean."

Edited by WingedCrusade

((Damn you and your continual making me feel unoriginal! I wasn't aware of the whole hive mind thing but part of Miranda's backstory (pre-warrior stuff, I mean when she was a child) has to do with something that would make her bit part of this hive mind. Damn you! At least it's for an entirely different reason.))

(On the contrary, I feel Miranda to be pretty damn unique in my own opinion, and I like her as a character! ^^)

"Well, for starters, I hate taking orders from somebody I don't even know, let alone like take orders from anyone, that and I don't like her looming over me. Second, the original Liset seemed too... Clean."

Miranda chuckled, switching over to only using one hand. "I know the feeling. Orders are what we give to children to prevent them from hurting themselves on a playground. And while the battlefield may be a playground, we certainly don't deserve to be treated like children. ((In case you haven't noticed yet Miranda hates kids)) So, ETA?"

Miranda chuckled, switching over to only using one hand. "I know the feeling. Orders are what we give to children to prevent them from hurting themselves on a playground. And while the battlefield may be a playground, we certainly don't deserve to be treated like children. ((In case you haven't noticed yet Miranda hates kids)) So, ETA?"

"10 minutes. You both ready for it?"

Rael clicked in a few keys to the control panel, and turned in her chair to head to the back of it.

"Hope you both like my Scrambler."

Picking up a black and white Vectis, Rael loads it and mounts it to her back.

(Scrambler's the name of her ship model, not the Liset, for future reference, Lusithian being the name of its AI.)

Miranda changed to a sitting position, checking and loading individual rounds into her Lanka clip. "Ready to fight? You're joking right?" Miranda jammed the clip into the receiver and stood up.

((Let's wait for CrimsonTucker before we start))