The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

Spade flinched, but continued to carry Miranda off. He was now in the doorway to the ship, his prisoner hanging limply in his arms. He then raised his free hand, releasing several pulses of energy from his palm which flowed back into his warframe, restoring its systems. He continued inside.

His body catching on fire, Spade gently laid his quarry down for a moment. "You misguided ones never understand... never listen." Seeing his enemy running towards him ablaze, Spade readied himself. As she attempted to drop kick him, Spade raised his large hand and braced his leg, halting the attacker's momentum. Another pulse of purple energy and the flames were extinguished.

A voice spoke to Rael. Feminine. Mechanical. Familiar.

"Tenno, I see that you are fighting my assistant. Please stop. Rosaline has committed crimes against Tenno-kind and must be punished accordingly. Stand down."

Spade began to drag Miranda into the ship, her consciousness fading.

"Screw off Lotus, we're not your pathetic, mindless slaves!"

Rael jumps to her feet, ablaze once more, growling and sending a flurry of moves with flaming hands to Spade.

Before long, Rael grabs him by the arm and flings him out of the ship, sending him out, before casting her Fire Blast move.

Edited by WingedCrusade

With one free hand, Spade parried each of Rael's attacks, making it almost appear a game. Then, he caught one of her attacks, and redirected the energy to push her away. With the threat somewhat distanced, Spade rose a pillar of righteous fire through the opening of the scorched Liset, blocking the entrance. He then carefully placed Miranda on the floor of the ship, placing his hand into a personal storage unit and drawing out two silver loops. He placed these about Miranda's wrists, and they magnetically drew together. He then stripped her of her weapons, going as far as to place them in their appropriate locations in the armory. As the flame descended, Miranda awoke only to be held on her shoulder from behind, a light pressure on her back. Spade exited the ship, Lato Vandal aimed at her spine. "Let me pass." He demanded in an empty voice.

(Okay. Not like I attempted to throw him out of the ship or anything lol)

"Why the hell do you follow her every order? You don't even know who the Lotus is..."

Rael stands up once more, her palms together as fire swirls around her; she's calming herself to think and communicate rationally

(Okay. Not like I attempted to throw him out of the ship or anything lol)

"Why the hell do you follow her every order? You don't even know who the Lotus is..."

Rael stands up once more, her palms together as fire swirls around her; she's calming herself to think and communicate rationally

Spade paused for a moment at that remark, anger surging. He silently pushed it to the back of his mind, continuing in the direction of his own Liset. Miranda struggled, though to little avail. She attempted to call Crimson using the Codex, however Spade quickly and forcefully kicked the back of her knees, and, holding her in execution position, stripped her of her helmet. He then helped her to her feet and pushed her forward again. Miranda shot a look back towards Rael communicating a new emotion.

Miranda was afraid.

Rael inhales and exhales, talking under her breath.

"I was going to try to talk to you reasonably, you want to be that way? Fine. We'll be that way."

Rael's body begin to surge with fire, growing brighter and larger to that of a point it grew to the size of a wildfire in a forest. One thing had now become apparent; she was p*ssed.

"Nobody. Ignores. Me."

Rael focuses her hands together to develop a fireball the size of a Grineer Roller and blasts it into the frame's back, before approaching him, the fire stems out sparks the spit out individual flames around her.

"Put her down. /Now./"

Edited by WingedCrusade

Spade was completely taken by surprise. He collapsed, Miranda slipping out of his grasp. Panicked, she ran out into the open space of the Dojo, disappearing among the crowd. The scorching Oberon rose to one knee, forcing his fist into the ground, sending a final burst of energy out that extinguished the flames once again. Lotus spoke to him.

"Tenno, your energy reserves are depleted. It is time to retreat."

Spade took half of a step forward in protest, wanting to avenge his honor and strike down the one who had denied him his quarry... but then he fell back. Lotus had commanded him to, and so he did. He put his weapons away and spoke only two words to Rael. "I yield."

She growls, flames still emerging from bits of her armor, before she calms herself, her palms together.

"Leave, now, and if I see you again trying to take /anybody/ from here, I'm not accepting any 'yield.' Now leave."

She leans forward so she's face to face with him, as she speaks in a lower tone to mask her mood.

"Please."

Edited by WingedCrusade

"Because, I don't believe anybody has the power to control anyone, and Lotus is trying to use that power. Whatever Miranda did, that's past, and she's free to do whatever the hell she wants, she's got her own free will. You can tell the Lotus to get the hell off my comms too."

Edited by WingedCrusade

Spade turned around, taking a broad stance. "You are a disgrace, Tenno." His voice was cold and angry, making it clear that this was not an empty insult. He truly believe what he was saying. "You disgust me with your disloyalty. Your time will come." He took a step forward, hands grazing over his rifle.

"Stand down, Tenno." Spade took another step. "Tenno, I said to stand down." Another step. "Spade... stand down." Spade stopped, cursing himself silently. He let go of his weapon.

"And do not refer to her as, "Miranda." She lost that privilege long ago.

Miranda wandered through the crowd panicked and confused, making sure to keep her wrists hidden from any bystanders who might be feeling particularly "noble." 

Why is this happening? What did I do?

Miranda didn't hear Rael calling out. Instead, she found herself in the hotel from earlier. Sweat beading down her forehead, she nervously went up to her room. She knocked.