Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod System Is Bad For The Game

Synol

So basically I played back before the new mod system and it was fun. Now I've got back on and yes it sucks that all my mods are gone and I got nothing worthwhile to replace them, so I'm back at level 1 even though I have a 30 warframe. But that isn't the problem. I expected something like that somewhere along the line anyway.

The issue is, even before when I played I had bad luck with mod drops. I had 0 shield mod drops in 85 missions. But since the warframe had skills it really wasn't an issue, I still had a decent pool of shields from my skills. Which was good, I could still progress through the game that way.

However under the new system if you don't get these drops you cannot progress at all. This of course will be evident to most new players after they leave the first system and find that since they didn't get shield, armor, damage mods for the weapons they are using they can no longer progress.

Very few people will continue to play this game after that point. The amount of free to play games out there now is massive and sticking with one that is fundementally broken is not really necessary.

Now I'm not saying to go back to the old mod system that wasn't really any better. Perhaps just sell the basic level 1 common mods at the market for credits. Doesn't even matter if you charge a lot for them. If people can see that they just need to farm some credits to progress they will do that. A 1 in 200 (guessed a number, dont quote me on that) chance of getting the mod you need to get anywhere is just bad odds and provides no "light at the end of the tunnel" or a "carrot" for players to chase. If there's nothing to chase there is no reason to keep playing.

Well unless they're shield, health and armor passives it won't solve the issue. But that's cool.

As for the other guy, you missed the point entirely so I shouldn't respond to you, but I will anyway. My point (again) was that new players will drop this game immediately when they realise they have to farm after only playing the game for 2-4 hours. Unless their business model works on a tiny playerbase this is something they need to address.

The free to play market is competitive now and diablo 3 in robots won't cut it.

Edited by Synol

Just going to put this out there, I have been doing Xini on a level 11 warframe with no health or shield mods, that is a level 30-40 infested defense mission and that isn't the only mission of higher level I have done with a warframe that had no extra health or shields.

All it really means is that until you get those mods you have to play smarter, rather than just running through guns blazing like most people used to.

I have boycotted playing and have even gone as far as to ask for my founders money back cause I hate what they have done to this game. This is not the game, nor the system that I liked and wanted to support. They need to be more invalved with the community and activley posting what they are going to be doing to fix the amazing game that they destoryed with update 7.

There is no other f2p game out like warframe. That's a fact.

also, every free to play game is centered on a lot of time spent. In fact many measure their success in # CCUs, which are concurrent users. Concurrent, of course, means regularly playing without long gaps of inactivity. If you don't want to spend time farming, then you may want to pay to cut some corners by paying for plat. But this is the nature and makeup of most free-2-play games.

Now is the new system perfect... It's real nice and I like that you have to think before you make a move or fusion. But it needs tweaking, balancing and some other bells and whistles.

Is the game broken? No way. Even with no mods, it's still fun to be a Tenno. All the moves and combat mechanics are funs stuff!

You know, a friend of mine who started three days ago is playing without any fancy shield/health mods.

The playstyle they adopted involves a lot more wall hugging, pulling mobs back to a favorable location to fight, etc. Essentially her playstyle is uninfluenced by the habits most of us retain from U6.

But then again, she's only just made it halfway through Earth so maybe there's a wall that I'm unaware of.

Either way, some passive stat buffs based off either account of warframe rank would be nice. If only so she could join me on my missions :D

Version 7 newbie here, Have had the luck of finding a health mod (Have 100% health boost) but no shields, the only thing that's holding me back seems to be damage more than anything involving health/shields. Though I have heard of the level 30 horror stories of hitscan, no miss, can only tank hits sorta deal, my playstyle has been so far a lot of running and gunning, running in the opposite direction, that is. Also a lot of hiding behind cover, waiting for enemies to stop and "reload" Or pause in their attack routines.

Solo is harrowing though but I feel like this game is emant to be multiplayer anyway. But this is coming from a guy who plays Loki (with tons of escape maneuvers, hell, decoy is better than cloak most of the time becuase the ai ignores you regardless of whether they see the real you cast it or not) and allows for a lot of deferred aggro.

I get a serious sort of "Crysis" feel from this game, where you are ina superior piece of equipment but you'll get toasted if you go in guns blazing.

Version 7 newbie here, Have had the luck of finding a health mod (Have 100% health boost) but no shields, the only thing that's holding me back seems to be damage more than anything involving health/shields. Though I have heard of the level 30 horror stories of hitscan, no miss, can only tank hits sorta deal, my playstyle has been so far a lot of running and gunning, running in the opposite direction, that is. Also a lot of hiding behind cover, waiting for enemies to stop and "reload" Or pause in their attack routines.

Solo is harrowing though but I feel like this game is emant to be multiplayer anyway. But this is coming from a guy who plays Loki (with tons of escape maneuvers, hell, decoy is better than cloak most of the time becuase the ai ignores you regardless of whether they see the real you cast it or not) and allows for a lot of deferred aggro.

I get a serious sort of "Crysis" feel from this game, where you are ina superior piece of equipment but you'll get toasted if you go in guns blazing.

This was actually cool to read. I think the devs are pushing for more strategy and tactics. Stick and move on solo mission and group tactics in co-op. They definitely played up the possibility of a synergistic quartet in that new Open Beta trailer.

Edited by RawGritz