Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just To Clarify

BramBlackmon

I've noticed this topic has come up a lot on global chat so I thought I'd take the time to clarify for people who don't know.

The 0.1 one on the metal auger mod is meant to represent how many meters a bullet is capable of passing through before it stops going through targets. In this case 0.1 meters is equivalent to 10 centimeters. for those of you who can't be bothered with metric, that's roughly a third of a foot. the mod maxes out at 35 meters of penetration, which means a fully maxed mod can go through a foot of material before stopping.

Before you ask. I have no ideal if that is a good thing. At a rough guess assuming everything is to scale. That's enough penetration to go through 3 people if they're lined up. Happens a good bit more than you might think. It's also enough to allow you to shoot through doors and walls. decidedly less handy than the first thing.

Whatever the case, now you know what it does, and you can stop spamming it in global chat ((though you won't because you little bastards wouldn't bother to do research if a tenno put a gun to your head. And how do I know this? Because I only learned it was in Meters by reading the wiki))

Its not a good thing. Used to be you could get like 10 penetration and with a hek shoot stuff through solid walls. hilarious with e-radar. Now puncture can barely penetrate past small cover. Though useful if you like to do defense maps vs corpus/grineer and need to shoot through railings. but past that no real use at all. i just sell em. 1k credits is worth more to me ;)

shoot at the little slit near th top of the shield ^_^

Yes, I know.

With puncture it should be able to go right through the shield though, and it doesn't. That is why I mentioned that.

Edited by G3rman

Bolt and Arrow are both projectile weapons. Make sense if both of them are not affected by puncture.

This. The Paris isn't affected by puncture, and I'm quite sure it gets multi kills by turning it's first hit into a human/alien bullet, rather than piercing through them.

does reload speed or fire rate make the draw back time faster?

Fire rate decreases charge speed; reload speed decreases how long it takes to ready your next arrow.