Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Proposal For The Prime Trading "problem"

Jrgsubzero

Remove everything from the cash-shop except for the vanity items.

Allow everything to be traded. (Except clan-tech and complete weapons/warframes)

Now everything people have will have been found by someone else and not spawned from the cash shop, so there will be an actual supply and demand. An economy can form, more social interaction due to trading, the rush option might actually get used, and the hilariously bad platinum prices for weapons/warframes will no longer be mocked. 

DE may or may not lose money, depending on if they pump out more cosmetic items (which as this point I rather they do than another weapon) but the game becomes healthier as a whole. 

Than where do you propose we get the original blueprints from? Are they made in clan tech? If so what about solo players with strict NAT issues or poor connections making online play impossible? What about people who general HATE trading with a passion ( I've spent enough time chanting WTS to fall into this category... ) ? This system is a good idea but it has considerable flaws. Not everyone can or will want to play online as well as participate in trading. Even so there still needs to be a way to generate blueprints for weapons as blueprints are used up when crafting, leading to an ever dwindling stockpile of blueprints. What happens when a weapon is retired and those blueprints now become "exclusive" as no more can be generated (imagine if we had this when the boar was retired? )?

I'm not trolling, I want to know how you think this system could work even with all the above concerns. In my eyes at least there are a lot of issues, but that does not mean we can work past them and make something better.

Edited by Lorane_Airwing

Than where do you propose we get the original blueprints from? Are they made in clan tech? If so what about solo players with strict NAT issues or poor connections making online play impossible? What about people who general HATE trading with a passion ( I've spent enough time chanting WTS to fall into this category... ) ? This system is a good idea but it has considerable flaws. Not everyone can or will want to play online as well as participate in trading. Even so there still needs to be a way to generate blueprints for weapons as blueprints are used up when crafting, leading to an ever dwindling stockpile of blueprints. What happens when a weapon is retired and those blueprints now become "exclusive" as no more can be generated (imagine if we had this when the boar was retired? )?

I'm not trolling, I want to know how you think this system could work even with all the above concerns. In my eyes at least there are a lot of issues, but that does not mean we can work past them and make something better.

In trading, the merchant buys his goods from a worker or creates it himself/herself and sells to the customer. The buyer has the choice to be his own supplier or get it from someone else. S/he will buy low and sell it for higher than he bought it for. This is "profit". The "profit" then turns around to buy more supplies to turn around and sell. This is "growth".

Remove everything from the cash-shop except for the vanity items.

Allow everything to be traded. (Except clan-tech and complete weapons/warframes)

Now everything people have will have been found by someone else and not spawned from the cash shop, so there will be an actual supply and demand. An economy can form, more social interaction due to trading, the rush option might actually get used, and the hilariously bad platinum prices for weapons/warframes will no longer be mocked. 

DE may or may not lose money, depending on if they pump out more cosmetic items (which as this point I rather they do than another weapon) but the game becomes healthier as a whole. 

Your proposed model would look something like what Valve is doing (and are very successful at) with DoTA 2 and TF2, of which I hope they would consider too, as seeing how the game is also on the Steam platform.

A line is drawn between selling vanity items and selling game-breaking shortcuts.

Every F2P game markets vanity items and are not frowned upon by the community as they offer no gameplay advantages over another player, rather they are merely a cosmetic add-on. If the game's mechanics are well thought-out and polished based on community feedback, then it will keep existing players as well as bring in more players to support the game through purchase of vanity items.

What I mean by game-breaking shortcuts are items that are marketed which have a strong potential to unintentionally wreck the buyers' end-game. Warframe is about getting your grind on, acquiring those resources to craft new gear to play with. Initially, it was at a good balance up to the point where they introduced ClanTech into the market and prime part buying/selling. The exclusivity of these gear are no longer recognized by players and as a consequence blur the lines of what is considered starter or end-game content.

- ClanTech could only be acquired with a Clan Dojo, building the required rooms, lab, researching the gear, buying the blueprint, getting the resources, and finally, crafting the Clan-exclusive content (Can be invited into a clan with finished research, but still need to buy BP+Resource+Creds)

>>> Now can be bought in the Market, bypassing all the content above

- Prime gear could only be acquired through purchase of a Prime Access pack or through getting strong enough to run multiple tiers of tower voids (Can be "piggybacked" by a high level friend but still required to do the content and run multiple times)

>>> Full sets of prime gear can now be traded for a cheap price in Trading Section, requiring at least Mastery rank 3 to trade, bypassing all the content above

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When one focuses too much on trying to market shortcut features to players, the impression this gives to players is shifted towards selling shortcuts to reduce the grind set in place originally rather than selling vanity items that appeal to the player base because players enjoy the gameplay mechanics and want more

Edited by ALDO

In trading, the merchant buys his goods from a worker or creates it himself/herself and sells to the customer. The buyer has the choice to be his own supplier or get it from someone else. S/he will buy low and sell it for higher than he bought it for. This is "profit". The "profit" then turns around to buy more supplies to turn around and sell. This is "growth".

There can be all the demand in the world for copper, but it is pointless if no one has copper to sell.

If it can be obtained from doing missions, or by clan tech, than there is a source to "mine" it from, if we are simply going to use the blueprints in peoples inventories right now it will slowly erode away to nothing as they are used up.